Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Call of Duty' creators hired by the Pentagon

taniwha

You would think war-themed video games copy real life, and not the other way around. Not this time. A Washington think tank has hired the maker of the acclaimed “Call of Duty” game to envision the kind of future wars the US could be fighting.

The key reason for this, according to the Atlantic Council think tank, is that, with all its money and capabilities, America really isn’t thinking creatively about the various threats it could face in the 21st century.

Dave Anthony, the creator of the billion-dollar Call of Duty franchise, will be joining other authors, screenwriters and entertainment figures in an initiative called 'The Art of Future War Project,' set to launch next week, according to AFP.

http://rt.com/usa/191296-pentagon-call-duty-advise/

• Like 1

I saws this. I am spooked by it. My son was always playing the game. Now he has the new ... um... game that starts with a D.

I think that the crowd mind can help create scenarios that the DOD just has not anticipated, but are in fact rather practical in real world issues.

Also I think that these games do indeed prepare my son for a world that he may soon live in, if our politician leaders don't mature, don't act responsibly and don't finally access some morals.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

I saws this. I am spooked by it. My son was always playing the game. Now he has the new ... um... game that starts with a D.

I think that the crowd mind can help create scenarios that the DOD just has not anticipated, but are in fact rather practical in real world issues.

Also I think that these games do indeed prepare my son for a world that he may soon live in, if our politician leaders don't mature, don't act responsibly and don't finally access some morals.

Wise words indeed regeneratia,

To think what i might have become if these games existed when i was a young kid, i probably would have loved it :clap:

This game trailer is impressively thrilling at the same time seriously disturbing...

Its easy to understand the attraction the Pentagon feels towards these visionary concepts. 'Psychological Operations' or 'Psyops' are a recurring theme commonly associated with this game genre. Psyops take on many shapes and forms and are strategically carried out by the DOD, the main objective of course is to influence or control the minds of a target group. Many will remember being introduced to this type of mind warfare through such games like Metal Gears etc

Should we feel uncomfortable? Perhaps, given the widespread popularity of gaming the Pentagon could concieveably use this media as a vehicle to launch their ultimate Psyop attack, manipulating the unwitting mind of players worldwide to a future terror they are writing as we speak. Maybe we can add to this list...

Media:

PSYOPs convey messages via visual, audio, and audiovisual media. Military psychological operations, at the tactical level, are usually delivered by loudspeaker, and face to face communication. For more deliberate campaigns, they may use leaflets, radio or television. Strategic operations may use radio or television broadcasts, various publications, airdropped leaflets, or, as part of a covert operation, with material placed in foreign news media.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_Operations_(United_States)

...If not then it would make one hell of a plot for a game.

Wise words indeed regeneratia,

To think what i might have become if these games existed when i was a young kid, i probably would have loved it :clap:

This game trailer is impressively thrilling at the same time seriously disturbing...

[media=]

[/media]

Its easy to understand the attraction the Pentagon feels towards these visionary concepts. 'Psychological Operations' or 'Psyops' are a recurring theme commonly associated with this game genre. Psyops take on many shapes and forms and are strategically carried out by the DOD, the main objective of course is to influence or control the minds of a target group. Many will remember being introduced to this type of mind warfare through such games like Metal Gears etc

Should we feel uncomfortable? Perhaps, given the widespread popularity of gaming the Pentagon could concieveably use this media as a vehicle to launch their ultimate Psyop attack, manipulating the unwitting mind of players worldwide to a future terror they are writing as we speak. Maybe we can add to this list...

http://en.m.wikipedi..._(United_States)

...If not then it would make one hell of a plot for a game.

But you know, I have taught my son to call all enemies "Rumsfelds", starting at an early age. I am sure Son didn't know exactly why. LOL. Hey, Rumseld was not a nice guy. What goes around comes around, donny. Now I tell him to call yukky tbings in those games the nickname for Richards. Cheney was not a nice guy either. They were war-mongerers. If they are going to put theirselves out there, warring when I don't want the world travelling that way, I have the right to name those creatures in the games with words like Rumsfelds and (Richards).

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Read more at http://www.brainyquo...LExsFWiH3SvD.99

Edited by regeneratia

Futuristic, sure, realistic...well...

Call of Duty

server not found

what i got out of it is that instead of focusing in any other field , they are focusing on war and all it's possible outcomes and ways of winning.why? why is war so important? i believe there will be i time when we will perish as spices and it will be hell of a lot better on earth.

what i got out of it is that instead of focusing in any other field , they are focusing on war and all it's possible outcomes and ways of winning.why?

Well, the price of failure is pretty high.

why is war so important? i believe there will be i time when we will perish as spices and it will be hell of a lot better on earth.

So, you are saying we should pre-emptively attack the spices before they take over?

I got a 5.1 K/D ratio, all the perks unlocked and a xbox mic, feel free to contact me and i'll give you advice, for a price.

xboxtag : swagboyXxX69

What's scary is the game inventors came close to a real situation. I can imagine every country with avid gamers and/or inventors doing the same thing. Sooner or later a "what if" may look like a "can do" to some of our enemies.

Well this is funny. I play Call of Duty every day. Take advice from gamers like us. :)

What a waste of money. Call of Duty has been the same BS, since Call of Duty 4. It's the same ol stuff yearly. What ideas could they offer that haven't been in the games?

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Ahh...no.

They will, however, take advice from the guys who make the gamers shell out their cash.

Indeed, no offense, but they're interested in the puppeteers, not the puppets.

If they need cannon fodder, then they know where to look for.