Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
taniwha

There is no God

902 posts in this topic

White Crane Feather

Pellet based technology seems to be very robust, and likely not nearly as susceptible to these failures.

Rod based technology seems to be the norm. Based on what I have seen, pellet technology is far less likely (close to impossible) to fail in a way that will lead to meltdown.

I think I read somewhere that it indeed was a better alternative, but the spent fuel rods and the tanks that hold them are everywhere, and so terribly dangerous if the cooling systems are ever interupted for any length of time. We are surrounded by dirty bombs. God help is if a massive EMP from the sun shuts us down for a few months, it also doesn't seem to be that the new technology is being embraced except by China. :(

• Like 1

Lucent

Further thoughts from Hawkins

“When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”

― Stephen Hawking

fullywired

moral of this story is "get some laughing done ,your a long time dead"

I think the real moral to this story is that Hawking doesn't understand that Causality is one of The First Principles of Logic. I'm not overly concerned with a hypothesis that dispenses with rationality.