Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

London woman marries herself

Still Waters

Just had a thought... Wouldn't there be a issue with consanguinity?...

I hadn't considered the problem of incest. She's just going to have to opt not to consummate the marriage. One can't be having offspring with oneself...wait a minute here.... c090.gif

• Like 4

Selfie queen :)

• Like 1

Schizophrenia is hard to live with, let alone marry into...

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 3

What did she do on her wedding night? :-*

Herself...

If she does have children at some point will they have to look up their family stick (a family tree would require branches) on incestry.com?

• Like 4

Wow..what a nauseating display of narcissism.

If a child of any age displayed that same sort of asinine behavior they'd be slapped in the face so hard they would be knocked on their rears yet we tolerate this imbecilic behavior out of adults. Heck, we even encourage and celebrate it.

I just find the article silly and embarrassing. What is even more pathetic is the people who attended this..."ceremony" and gleefully tossing rice or whatever....well, hope she is happy with her display of self absorption.

• Like 1

loser lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

They should have lived together for a while to see if it was really going to last.

• Like 5

Till death do you part....In this case will actually happen.

• Like 3

Till death do you part....In this case will actually happen.

In sickness and in health...

Another unbreakable vow, and the sickness is already apparent.

• Like 6

This is truly an unexplained mystery....

• Like 4

An inflatable dinghy? Sounds like there was one there at the wedding already...

And if she ever gets a divorce... Who gets custody of the cat?...

One only hopes she had a pre-nup made.

• Like 3

Wow..what a nauseating display of narcissism.

If a child of any age displayed that same sort of asinine behavior they'd be slapped in the face so hard they would be knocked on their rears yet we tolerate this imbecilic behavior out of adults. Heck, we even encourage and celebrate it.

I just find the article silly and embarrassing. What is even more pathetic is the people who attended this..."ceremony" and gleefully tossing rice or whatever....well, hope she is happy with her display of self absorption.

I find it amusing how offended you are by this. This in no way hurts anyone, let the lady and her family and friends have a little fun, there's nothing but positivity surrounding this event, let it be. Your taking life to seriously.

• Like 3

Yeah, it'll end before you know it anyhow and then you look back and oops, what did I do my life to make it worth living?

Maybe she just has some healthy love for herself, and a good self-esteem.

And come to think of it, isn't this a way of saying "I dont wanna marry anyone, I'm a free spirit not property" etc?

Edited by Mikko-kun

"I dont wanna marry anyone, I'm a free spirit not property"

I'm guessing that's exactly what it was. Just some sort of "artistic statement." Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was all completely done in jest and the media (I use the term loosely in this case) only chose to report it as something done for real. It was probably a combination of the two. Either way I'm sure everyone in attendance had a good time :w00t:

Yeah, it'll end before you know it anyhow and then you look back and oops, what did I do my life to make it worth living?

Maybe she just has some healthy love for herself, and a good self-esteem.

And come to think of it, isn't this a way of saying "I dont wanna marry anyone, I'm a free spirit not property" etc?

I think there is a diffrence between not wanting to ever marry and wanting the world to know you never want to marry.

It's like when teenagers put much effort into making sure people know they "don't care"

Her honeymoon must be quite interesting......

(Oh, and single here for 22 years as of this coming December.....for real!)

I suppose this might work for those with Dissociative Identity Disorder or Multiple Personality Disorder ...

• Like 1

This breaks my heart for some reason, how blessed I am to share my life with my beautiful, Sweet Heart! I have a soul mate, a friend and after eleven years, I still get the butterflies in my stomach as I rush home to see her! I live to make her proud of me, as I cook, clean and get her ready for the next work day. I want everyone to find it!

• Like 4

I find it amusing how offended you are by this. This in no way hurts anyone, let the lady and her family and friends have a little fun, there's nothing but positivity surrounding this event, let it be. Your (you're) taking life to seriously.

I never said I was offended, did I?

I simply said that her display of self absorption was nauseating. I also do not see what is so positive about a lady who cannot handle being single so she invents a rather delusional manner in which to get married.

To me it just smacks of narcissism and what she is telling any prospective partner that she is just too good for them.

• Like 1

This breaks my heart for some reason, how blessed I am to share my life with my beautiful, Sweet Heart! I have a soul mate, a friend and after eleven years, I still get the butterflies in my stomach as I rush home to see her! I live to make her proud of me, as I cook, clean and get her ready for the next work day. I want everyone to find it!

Whoa...you're one hell of a good husband. :tsu:

• Like 2