Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Top Ten Albums

No Censorship

i just like their old stuff..... ;)

[media=]

[/media]

I like the following songs of the John Foxx era: "Hiroshima Mon Amour" (B-Side version of ROckwrok single), "Young Savage," "Dangerous Rhythm" and "Frozen Ones (edited intro)." I also have John Foxx's solo album "Metamatic" -- a must.

It's hard to choose. I have such an eclectic taste in music. I also tend to listen to music solely based on my mood.

Richard Wagner - Der Ring des Nibelungen (The entire 4 part cycle)

The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street

The Beatles - Revolver

Pink Floyd - Animals

Cream - Disraeli Gears

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood

Bauhaus - In The Flat Field

Rollins Band - The End of Silence

Artic Monkeys - Suck It and See

Parliament - Funkentelechy vs. The Placebo Syndrome

These are just the albums I've listened to the most recently.

Edited by Karasu
  • Like 2

Its also the pot where most of the great stuff the following years got its flavor from ~ :yes:

• Like 5

Its also the pot where most of the great stuff the following years got its flavor from ~ :yes:

Rubber Soul was pretty tasty too. Hey, guys, we need more food metaphors.

• Like 3

I guess all the musicals themes from

The good bad and the ugly

Fiddler on the roof

The sound of music

Jesus Christ super star

My fair lady

South Pacific

Seven brides for seven brothers

Carousel

Oliver

Hans Christian Anderson

and so many more:)

• Like 3

Its no secret that My Fair Lady is my favorite musical but this one ~ Camelot ~ also has a very special place in my playlist ~

~

~

• Like 1

Plz add Blackfoot-Strikes to my list...great band in concert too. :tu:

SRV Texas Flood one of my favorite CDs and song..... :whistle: 'Well it's floodin dn in TX, and the telephone lines are down..." :whistle:

For something different w/ some power try: Symphony And Metallica

On food: The bands, Humble Pie, and Smashing Pumpkins...and song Icecream Man, by Van Halen.

Edited by scorpiosonic
  • Like 1

On food: The bands, Humble Pie, and Smashing Pumpkins...and song Icecream Man, by Van Halen.

I'd like to mix your three recommendations for Thanksgiving to continue my family's holiday tradition. You can't beat pumpkin pie a-la mode for dessert.

• Like 1

1. Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
  2. Thin Lizzy - Black Rose
  3. Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
  4. Thin Lizzy - Renegade
  5. Thin Lizzy - Thunder and Lightning
  6. Thin Lizzy - Chinatown
  7. Thin Lizzy - Fighting
  8. Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation
  9. Thin Lizzy - Nightlife
  10. Thin Lizzy - Johnny the Fox
  11. ...and the rest. :)

• Like 4

it might be an interesting exercise to try another top ten album list, with the rule that all of them have to be from the last ten years.

• Like 2

Plz add Blackfoot-Strikes to my list...great band in concert too. :tu:

Great choice. I need to consider changing mine now.

I listened to that album so many times, and it never got old.

I think Left Turn on a Red Light might be my favorite song on it.

• Like 1

Thanks Myles...great song too! And Train Train. :tu:

Another LP I've never gotten tired of is LZ-Houses Of The Holy

Edited by scorpiosonic

it might be an interesting exercise to try another top ten album list, with the rule that all of them have to be from the last ten years.

or: "10 Songs you used to like a lot but are terribbly ashamed of now" :D

• Like 2

I'm no longer a kid, so my list would be full of CDs by Coldplay and the Killers. Evidently, Coldplay, like Gwyneth Paltrow, isn't seen as "cool" by the youngsters. I'm too much of a geezer to care. I draw the line at Nickleback, though. ;)

I might leave the forum in embarrassment if we list ten artists, that we enjoy, whose music is "too young" for us. I'll go first. I have CDs by Bruno Mars and Katy Perry. I also (pray for me) don't change the channel when I hear certain Miley Cyrus songs. :hmm::lol:

• Like 2

I might leave the forum in embarrassment if we list ten artists, that we enjoy, whose music is "too young" for us. I'll go first. I have CDs by Bruno Mars and Katy Perry. I also (pray for me) don't change the channel when I hear certain Miley Cyrus songs. :hmm::lol:

my wife often winds me up with my inexplicable, yet fully developed devotion to the french electronic duo "AIR".... ;)

about stuff being "too young".... i think there's no such thing! There is only well-written or cheaply thrown together tunes.

Both is, of course, a matter of individual taste.

I have my roots in Garage-/ Punk, but that doesn't stop me from singing along to Katy Perry- or Lady Gaga choruses when i hear them on the radio ;)

• Like 2

~

~

:lol:

We were young and the girls stick to you when you dance right to their tunes ~ :yes:

• Like 1

~

[media=]

[/media]

~

:lol:

We were young and the girls stick to you when you dance right to their tunes ~ :yes:

Aah, but those guys were sissies

Real men listened to this he-man.

Those moves, man......that's what I'm talkin' about>>>>

http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

• Like 3

my wife often winds me up with my inexplicable, yet fully developed devotion to the french electronic duo "AIR".... ;)

about stuff being "too young".... i think there's no such thing! There is only well-written or cheaply thrown together tunes.

Both is, of course, a matter of individual taste.

I have my roots in Garage-/ Punk, but that doesn't stop me from singing along to Katy Perry- or Lady Gaga choruses when i hear them on the radio ;)

Was it the Kingsmen era or the Ramones era? Maybe it was the early CBGB's era? In any event, I couldn't agree more with you. I haven't heard many people say that they're too young for Mozart.

• Like 1

Was it the Kingsmen era or the Ramones era? Maybe it was the early CBGB's era? In any event, I couldn't agree more with you. I haven't heard many people say that they're too young for Mozart.

the first record i ever bought (in the sweet age of 13) was "never mind the b******s" by the sex pistols, and 70's/80's punk was the soundtrack to my teenagehood. When i was in my early twenties, a dutch friend of mine said to me one night "gah, that whole punk thing, that has all been done before, in the 60's!". Of course i called BS on him, but then he played "black Monk time" and i was blown out of my shoes. That opened the whole world of 60's garage stuff to me, so i'd say it's the Kingsmen AND the Ramones ;)

And as for the "too young for Mozart", you are right, this is just a matter of what Kind of Music you are used to. When my daughter was born, i exposed her to a lot of different music in an attempt to offer her a more wide spectrum compared to what i grew up with,

and by the age of three, she couldn't get enough of J.S. Bach... :) Her last year's favourite car sing-along was the Damned's "Disco man", though.....:D

• Like 1

make this list only to crush shame

shame has no place in here, only love of music

crush it

i may have insomnia right now

• Like 1

make this list only to crush shame

shame has no place in here, only love of music

crush it

i may have insomnia right now

i am not ashamed of anything.....whatever ****ed up thing i did or listened to when i was younger.

At that time i was that person and it TOTALLY made sense back then ;)

shall i sing a lullaby?

• Like 1