Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New battery can recharge within two minutes

UM-Bot

Researchers in Singapore have come up with a battery that can recharge within the space of a few minutes.

Waiting hours for your mobile phone to recharge could soon be a thing of the past thanks to a remarkable new breakthrough in lithium-ion battery technology.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/273623/new-battery-can-recharge-within-two-minutes

• Like 1

Very exciting news. The only downside I see is in the use of titanium dioxide. The process to make TiO2 isn't very "clean" from an effluent point of view.

We hear about these major breakthroughs so often that it is hard to get excited any longer until the battery is actually in production.

• Like 2

We hear about these major breakthroughs so often that it is hard to get excited any longer until the battery is actually in production.

Yeah, and this isn't about endurance ( capacity ) of batteries. Breakthrough will be increased battery life.

That phone is from '89. They could've come up with a better picture. This must be a joke lol

That phone is from '89. They could've come up with a better picture. This must be a joke lol

hehe Nokia 6310 ( legendary business phone ), released in 2001 i think and that phone had something great - long lasting battery ( one of best, maybe best ). Suitable phone for article with batteries. One more thing, you could transfer contacts via bluetooth, that was incredible.

• Like 1

Sir Smoke aLot....I didn't Knowkia (haha) about that. I still have one perfect cond. and in the box. I should put it on eBay.

• Like 1

That is great, as long as it doesn't burst into flame. I have a Samsung tablet that worries me, because it gets kind of hot when I charge it.

Yes I agree, what kind of power can it produce etc.

It may be able to power very low powered phones, and phones now require a minuscule amount of power nowadays. How well will it up scale?

Yes I agree, what kind of power can it produce etc.

It may be able to power very low powered phones, and phones now require a minuscule amount of power nowadays. How well will it up scale?

I so want it to pan out though, it would be huge.

• Like 1

Sir Smoke aLot....I didn't Knowkia (haha) about that. I still have one perfect cond. and in the box. I should put it on eBay.

Here they sell for about 50€ if in good shape, which is great price considering its age. If its the one with blue LCD, 6310i - it can sell for more.

That is great, as long as it doesn't burst into flame. I have a Samsung tablet that worries me, because it gets kind of hot when I charge it.

Yeah its reality lately, no need to worry about heat. Devices will get hotter if you are using them while charging and can get really, really hot. Since mid 2013, i guess because higher clock frequencies and more cores on CPU's - manufacturers started to place piece of cooling material over every faster CPU, like thermal paste.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind when I use it. I don't use it that much. I have a Kindle Fire and I like much better. It does all the things the Samsung does, but doesn't lock up or get hot. I won the Samsung. I keep it, so if I go to hospital or into rehab I take that, because if someone took it I wouldn't be all that upset. If someone took my Kindle I would be heart broken.

• Like 1

I still have one or two of those in a junk box somewhere. Great phones. I don't think they came out until 2000 or so, but your point is valid. Why use such a dated photo :)

• Like 1

These wonderful "breakthroughs" we keep reading about...whether cold fusion, lifetime auto tyres, miracle cancer cures, or now, remarkable new battery technology, always seem to be two to ten years in the future. We can't be given instant gratification because because proponents are always looking for investors, or in the recent case of Lockheed/fusion research, 'partners.' Assume this is another example of rubbish and you'll be on the path of wisdom.