Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Science Can't Prove

ellapenella

Except for the fact that non-thiest have mountains of historical evidence disproving accounts in holy books and various sciences have explained away the need for a god to run the universe, sure, call it "silly".

I will. In the meantime, you can clap your hands like a delighted child and cry 'Oh happy chance!" to your heart's content.

I will. In the meantime, you can clap your hands like a delighted child and cry 'Oh happy chance!" to your heart's content.

All while you pretend your invisible men in sky are untouchable.

• Like 3

Except for the fact that non-thiest have mountains of historical evidence disproving accounts in holy books and various sciences have explained away the need for a god to run the universe, sure, call it "silly".

Until scientists unearth evidence to indicate otherwise.

Science is not fixed - it is constantly evolving. What may be scientifically not accepted today, may well be accepted tomorrow.

Until scientists unearth evidence to indicate otherwise.

Science is not fixed - it is constantly evolving. What may be scientifically not accepted today, may well be accepted tomorrow.

While true, I find it funny that thiest aren't exactly in a hurry to go out there and find anything. Like magicians, they prfer smoke and mirrors to hide the trapdoor in the stage.

• Like 2

Besides, if religion had any truth to it, the earth is supposedly 6000 years old. Through science we know this isnt true. And God made man? Again through science, we know where man come from, its the reason we have a coccyx, canine teeth, eyes facing forward as most predators are, and finger and toe nails.

• Like 1

All while you pretend your invisible men in sky are untouchable.

Oh, thank you for validating my original post! Confirmation is always appreciated.

Oh, thank you for validating my original post! Confirmation is always appreciated.

Really? After your preceding post you're going to pretend I had to validate your point? What a joke.

Edited by DecoNoir

Really? After your preceding post you're going to pretend I had to validate your point? What a joke.

You did. You gave a brief summary of a rationalist argument, and then, true to type, began mocking, scorning and belittling. It's pathetic, really. You start out so pompous and supercilious, and then your discourse devolves to infantile commentary more at home in a childish tantrum. It's the only recourse you have to Faith-based arguments. I again thank you.
  • Like 1

You did. You gave a brief summary of a rationalist argument, and then, true to type, began mocking, scorning and belittling. It's pathetic, really. You start out so pompous and supercilious, and then your discourse devolves to infantile commentary more at home in a childish tantrum. It's the only recourse you have to Faith-based arguments. I again thank you.

But your faith based argument is just you putting your fingers in your ears and saying nuh uh over and over.

• Like 2

Because you didn't do thecsame in post #26 on this very thread? Anybody with half a brain can see you tried to bail out with a quick jab towards my rationalist argument. In fact your first two words were admitting you thought my and others rationalism was silly. So don't pretend you scored one for irrational spiritualism.

But your faith based argument is just you putting your fingers in your ears and saying nuh uh over and over.

No, but I bet that's what you do when someone tries to explain their Faith to you before you start belittling. I wouldn't bother, myself. Even Christ realized some people simply aren't worthy of the effort.

Because you didn't do thecsame in post #26 on this very thread? Anybody with half a brain can see you tried to bail out with a quick jab towards my rationalist argument. In fact your first two words were admitting you thought my and others rationalism was silly. So don't pretend you scored one for irrational spiritualism.

Wow, it took that long? Yes, I'm equally disdainful of your point of view. I didn't realize it was a great mystery to you. Is there anything else you need to be walked through? Edited by Hammerclaw

No, but I bet that's what you do when someone tries to explain their Faith to you before you start belittling. I wouldn't bother, myself. Even Christ realized some people simply aren't worthy of the effort.

Again, you rely on a holy book that's well known to have been edited and have parts missing. As well as throwing in a "I know you are, but what am I?"

Arguing "faith" in the face of fact is the equivalent of losing a game of chess by checkmate, swiping the pieces off the board, and telling your opponent that youbwon because you knew you'd come up with a winning strategy eventually.

Its gotten the point where, if there is a creator of the universe, they'll be nothing like any religion or faith we've come up with. So arguing from the Bible is pointless.

• Like 1

Wow, it took that long? Yes, I'm equally disdainful of your point of view. I didn't realize it was a great mystery to you. Is there anything else you need to be walked through?

No I realized you are complete hypocrite from the start. Want to keep pretending you're the intelligent one?

• Like 3

I'm not belittling anybody. If i were belittling you, you would know. You're the one that's been rude in this thread.

And my approximation is correct. There are many threads on here that have been dragged on and on and on because somebody flat out refuses to follow the evidence.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Again, you rely on a holy book that's well known to have been edited and have parts missing. As well as throwing in a "I know you are, but what am I?"

Arguing "faith" in the face of fact is the equivalent of losing a game of chess by checkmate, swiping the pieces off the board, and telling your opponent that youbwon because you knew you'd come up with a winning strategy eventually.

Its gotten the point where, if there is a creator of the universe, they'll be nothing like any religion or faith we've come up with. So arguing from the Bible is pointless.

I'm a theist, not an evangelist. My belief in deity and a directed universe begins with but transcends the Judeo-Christian mythos. Even if the Bible was a hundred percent false I would still believe in God and a direct cosmos. Save your Bible bashing and trite insults for the pious Christians you usually prey on.

I'm a theist, not an evangelist. My belief in deity and a directed universe begins with but transcends the Judeo-Christian mythos. Even if the Bible was a hundred percent false I would still believe in God and a direct cosmos. Save your Bible bashing and trite insults for the pious Christians you usually prey on.

Likewise, save your attempts at thiestic "cleverness" for when you're debating rebellious high school kids who don't want to get dragged to church. Those of us here with agnostic or athiestic tendencies have put a lot more thought into why their isn't a diety we should worship, and why scientific progress should take precedence in mankinds development.

Can you imagine if science could prove there was a god? All those different religions with their different beliefs and along comes science to prove that only one was correct, or even that none where following it right. Luckily it will never happen, we have enough wars over religions, doubt a scientific find would bring about peace.

Leave science to the facts of life and not the fantasies, religions come and go, gods come and go, new religions are formed, modern religions are formed, that has nothing to do with science, leave it to the phycologists, not the scientists.

• Like 3

Wow, it took that long? Yes, I'm equally disdainful of your point of view. I didn't realize it was a great mystery to you. Is there anything else you need to be walked through?

If you're "distainful" of the views of others it's pretty much a given that they will not respect your point of view in return. I suggest you try to be more tolerant and polite toward others.

Frankly, all this is fast approaching a violation of UM rules here:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Likewise, save your attempts at thiestic "cleverness" for when you're debating rebellious high school kids who don't want to get dragged to church. Those of us here with agnostic or athiestic tendencies have put a lot more thought into why their isn't a diety we should worship, and why scientific progress should take precedence in mankinds development.

In the secular field, I agree. I am not a party to any doctrine of ignorance nor scriptual infalibility. There is no way to disprove the existence or non existence of God to anyone but ourselves, and my original post was a jest in that regard. When Science offers everlasting life I might reconsider my position. Since the only path to that is Faith, it's the one I've chosen to take. Good luck on your journey, and with all due respect I WISH YOU WELL.

If you're "distainful" of the views of others it's pretty much a given that they will not respect your point of view in return. I suggest you try to be more tolerant and polite toward others.

Frankly, all this is fast approaching a violation of UM rules here:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Well, don't forget this rule, as well. Please always respect the beliefs of other members - the bashing of specific religions, countries, races or belief systems is strictly disallowed

In the secular field, I agree. I am not a party to any doctrine of ignorance nor scriptual infalibility. There is no way to disprove the existence or non existence of God to anyone but ourselves, and my original post was a jest in that regard. When Science offers everlasting life I might reconsider my position. Since the only path to that is Faith, it's the one I've chosen to take. Good luck on your journey, and with all due respect I WISH YOU WELL.

Likewise, I don't put my cards on an afterlife, and don't try to live my life in some attempt to earn brownie points into getting a better afterlife. If I want to do good, I do it so someone else can enjoy what life they have a bit better.

That said, if there is a hell, 'd end up there on gluttony alone.

• Like 1

Well, don't forget this rule, as well. Please always respect the beliefs of other members - the bashing of specific religions, countries, races or belief systems is strictly disallowed

This is the "Spirituality vs Skepticism" section. If you post here, you volunteer to put your beliefs on the line, that's why its here. For general discussion, there's a dedicated section where the mods keep threads from being a spectic vs believer discussion.

Likewise, I don't put my cards on an afterlife, and don't try to live my life in some attempt to earn brownie points into getting a better afterlife. If I want to do good, I do it so someone else can enjoy what life they have a bit better.

That said, if there is a hell, 'd end up there on gluttony alone.

A sin I'm quite prone to as well.*LOL* You're fun to spar with.See youn in a nonreligious thread where we can relax and have fun.

While true, I find it funny that thiest aren't exactly in a hurry to go out there and find anything.

?

Well, why should they? If they truly have faith, why would they have any need to prove anything externally? There is more to life than what is in front of your nose.

'I find it funny' that atheists (note the spelling, btw) only accept what they perceive through their physical senses. Could that not be somewhat limiting?