Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police apprehend 'crocodile' in Plymouth

UM-Bot

Officers were called out this week after a panicked resident reported seeing a crocodile in their garden.

Cundy Close in Plympton became the scene of a bizarre series of events on Wednesday when police received a call from a resident who reported seeing a crocodile outside their house.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/273822/police-apprehend-crocodile-in-plymouth

• Like 3

I'm surprised the owners of the property weren't issued with an ASBO for being in possession of an 'alarming inflatable animal causing panic'. :mellow:

• Like 4

Some of you probably remember the long rubber snakes that boys always played with as kids.

19642.jpg

Well one day (when I was a kid) we heard gunshots down by my parents creek. When we went to investigate (Stupid kids). We found the next door neighbor with is pistol out and he'd shot our rubber snake like five times. He'd thought it was a rattlesnake (Which we did have living in the area), and shot it thinking he was protecting everyone.

• Like 4

And, here was another one...

SOUTHAMPTON, U.K. - A very lifelike stuffed tiger ignited a scare this weekend, causing cops to scramble for fear that a wild animal was on the loose in the countryside.

According to The Telegraph, police shut down a major highway, evacuated a golf course and dispatched a helicopter after passersby reporting spotting the tiger in a field.

Hampshire Police enlisted help from experts at nearby Marwell Zoo, who were ready to send in a team to overcome the tiger, according to The Daily Mail.

It wasn't until a blast of air from the helicopter flipped the stuffed animal on its back that officers realized the animal was a fake.

Check out the video.

Source: http://www.policeone...s-sparks-panic/

The video says that it was cautiously determined to be fake when the helicopter video thermal imaging sensors showed no heat signature, and that the helicopter noise and "downwash" did not causes an expected "startle-and-run" reaction.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 3

The word apprehended sounded like the Crock was arrested. Perhaps to keep him from knocking over the nearest liquor store? Then I flashed on the Bud Crock with his little frog friends strolling out of a river Pub with a case in tow. Let the critters go as they just want to "get down tonight" with the ants.

• Like 1

At a job I had years ago, one of my duties was to water the live hanging plants in the bar. There was about 5.

One day, when I got to the 3rd "plant" I realized they had been switched-out for realistic fakes, and no-one bothered to tell me beforehand.

Boy did I feel stupid. But it was funny.

EDIT: They weren't playing a joke on me at all, they just forgot to tell me.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

How funny would it have been if sheldon showed up out nowhere and walked up to the experts and then says BAZINGA! And just walks away

• Like 1

And recall this real event from WW2?....

Ghost Army: The Inflatable Tanks That Fooled Hitler.

Source: http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/05/ghost-army-the-inflatable-tanks-that-fooled-hitler/276137/

Bill Blass was one of them. So was Ellsworth Kelly. And Arthur Singer. And Art Kane. Before these men embarked on the artistic careers they would become known for, they served together during World War II.

But they were a particular kind of soldier, serving in a particular kind of unit: Blass and his brothers in arms were recruited from art schools and ad agencies. They were sought for their acting skills. They were selected for their creativity. They were soldiers whose most effective weapon was artistry.

Because their job was to fool Hitler.

ghostpatch.jpg

Blass and his cohort were members of the 23rd Headquarters Special Troops, an elite force whose specialty was "tactical deception." They're now better known, though, as the "Ghost Army"

• Like 1

At a job I had years ago, one of my duties was to water the live hanging plants in the bar. There was about 5.

One day, when I got to the 3rd "plant" I realized they had been switched-out for realistic fakes, and no-one bothered to tell me beforehand.

Boy did I feel stupid. But it was funny.

EDIT: They weren't playing a joke on me at all, they just forgot to tell me.

My dad once bit into a piece of fake fruit my mother kept on the dinning room table. Of course it was her fault he had to see a dentist. Does that sound like Sheldon Cooper?
  • Like 1

And, here was another one...

SOUTHAMPTON, U.K. - A very lifelike stuffed tiger ignited a scare this weekend, causing cops to scramble for fear that a wild animal was on the loose in the countryside.

According to The Telegraph, police shut down a major highway, evacuated a golf course and dispatched a helicopter after passersby reporting spotting the tiger in a field.

Hampshire Police enlisted help from experts at nearby Marwell Zoo, who were ready to send in a team to overcome the tiger, according to The Daily Mail.

It wasn't until a blast of air from the helicopter flipped the stuffed animal on its back that officers realized the animal was a fake.

Check out the video.

Source: http://www.policeone...s-sparks-panic/

The video says that it was cautiously determined to be fake when the helicopter video thermal imaging sensors showed no heat signature, and that the helicopter noise and "downwash" did not causes an expected "startle-and-run" reaction.

Note to self... Attach tiger's feet to ground...

• Like 1

A happy Crock is one that has his own stool at Cheers. Hey Norm!

Note to self... Attach tiger's feet to ground...

Yeah, and with a couple of "hand warmer" heat packs stuffed in the fake tiger, and/or an animatronic tail and/or head, who knows what the response might have been!

• Like 2

the headline made me picture a croc getting pulled over in a Plymouth.

silly.

• Like 1

To be fair, it was pretty realistic, I was expecting this:

Inflatable-Crocodile1.jpg

Outstanding. The critter patrol have apprehended the monster in my nephews pool. His boys are going to sue. Film at 11

the headline made me picture a croc getting pulled over in a Plymouth.

silly.

In Plymouth or in a Plymouth. Yes it matters. Sorry, like squirrels and squids I read that too fast. So Mr. Crock-full-O-Nuts was in a Plymouth. What did he have a head light out. I hate it when that happens. Edited by MidnightLady
  • Like 1

Yeah, and with a couple of "hand warmer" heat packs stuffed in the fake tiger, and/or an animatronic tail and/or head, who knows what the response might have been!

The aliens have landed.
  • Like 1

And recall this real event from WW2?....

Ghost Army: The Inflatable Tanks That Fooled Hitler.

Source: http://www.theatlant...-hitler/276137/

Bill Blass was one of them. So was Ellsworth Kelly. And Arthur Singer. And Art Kane. Before these men embarked on the artistic careers they would become known for, they served together during World War II.

But they were a particular kind of soldier, serving in a particular kind of unit: Blass and his brothers in arms were recruited from art schools and ad agencies. They were sought for their acting skills. They were selected for their creativity. They were soldiers whose most effective weapon was artistry.

Because their job was to fool Hitler.

ghostpatch.jpg

Blass and his cohort were members of the 23rd Headquarters Special Troops, an elite force whose specialty was "tactical deception." They're now better known, though, as the "Ghost Army"

There's a great film on Netflix about the Ghost Army.