Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Barbelo

Riaan

Dear all,

I would like to introduce to my second book, Barbelo – The Story of Jesus Christ, in which I relate the violent life of this so-called Son of God. To summarise, he was born from a brief and illicit affair between Joseph, Herod’s treasurer, and Mariamne (Mary), Herod’s second wife, around 28 BCE (the year of Augustus’ first census). Mary and her son managed to escape from Herod (the gifts were for her, not for the new-born ‘king’) and only returned to Israel following Herod’s death, when her son was about 30 years old (cf. Luke 3:23). By that time he had already gained a reputation as a magician, and the Jews actually knew him as Simon Magus. Josephus later referred to him as ‘the Egyptian’. Following his rejection by the Jews, he became increasingly violent and resorted to robbery to sustain his followers. He stormed and ransacked the temple with more than 300 men and was subsequently condemned to die on the cross. He was crucified in 21 CE (see book for independent references), shortly before he reached the age of 50 (cf. John 8:57), under the watchful eye of his biological father, Joseph of Arimathea (Greek Arimathaias, Ara-Mathaias or The Cursed Mathaias). He was removed from the cross before he died and nursed back to health. Having fully recovered, he began building up a revolutionary force with the objective of overthrowing the Romans, but was defeated by Festus. He was later captured and taken to Rome for execution.

In my book I identify Simon Peter as Simon bar Gioras, John the Beloved as John of Gischala, the Flat Feet of “Joseph barsabbas of the Flat Feet” as Gaius Vibius Pansa Caetronianus, the consul of Rome in 43 BCE, and through him the origin of the Jewish claim that Christ was fathered by a Roman soldier called Pandira. Several other figures are also identified as historical figures, including Mary Magdalene and her family members. Christ’s violent legacy is dealt with in great detail.

PS: Some of you may feel that this topic resorts under the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs forum, but the book is exclusively about the historicity of Christ and not religion in general.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riaan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic