Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"American Horror Story: Freaks"

No Censorship

I dunno.. I didn't catch season two for a myriad of reasons, so I need to catch up with it. So can't comment on what was in that season that might lead to season 5.

I did read an article that one of the writer or producer guys got asked if the theme was going to be space because of the spacy mentions in season 4... and he said definitely not, it's American Horror Story, not Intergalactic Horror Story. He also said the tophat was a rather arcane clue- but how he meant the word arcane?

I've seen some discussion on if the hat means H.H. Holmes- but I pretty much dismiss that because he was a bowler hat, not a tophat. And I think the date throwback would be more than they have been doing with the past seasons. But Holmes could make for a whole story arc.

• Like 1

I watch it and I've loved every season.

I dunno.. I didn't catch season two for a myriad of reasons, so I need to catch up with it. So can't comment on what was in that season that might lead to season 5.

I did read an article that one of the writer or producer guys got asked if the theme was going to be space because of the spacy mentions in season 4... and he said definitely not, it's American Horror Story, not Intergalactic Horror Story. He also said the tophat was a rather arcane clue- but how he meant the word arcane?

I've seen some discussion on if the hat means H.H. Holmes- but I pretty much dismiss that because he was a bowler hat, not a tophat. And I think the date throwback would be more than they have been doing with the past seasons. But Holmes could make for a whole story arc.

I don't understand why the producer(?) would say that. He must have alien-induced amnesia, since abductions and encounters are prominent themes in "Asylum". Those EBE(?) themes contradict his "intergalactic" joke. I'm assuming that the entities are EBEs, so I'm giving that benefit of the doubt to him.

Holmes seems to be a perfect fit for this sick show. The writers don't even need to add a thing to his story. His biography reads like a horror movie, and one wonders why there aren't more pop culture references to him. His acts are right *down* there with the crimes of Norman Bates and Ed Gein.

It may have been abrupt and kill-happy but it had more continuity than season 1, which just left me scratching my head.

Given teh pattern of the show

S1- modern times

S2-50's

s3- Modern

s4- 50's/60's

I'd guess that season 5 will be modern times, and essentially be Area 51. Specicially the idea that on Area 51 the govt is doing some fringe science stuff.

Maybe bring in an eldritch horror or two

The reason why I'm doubting the whole Operation Tophat and area 51 government weird... We just had a season of natural born freaks in the 50's- the tophat/51 senario would be government made chemical freaks in the 50's- and those two storylines are just a bit too close in content and time to do back to back considering the past four seasons. Kind of different, but not as different as the previous seasons have swung.

I also doubt the alien thing in general because if it's as prevalent in season two as some folks kind of make it out to be- that would be sort of a repeat too, even if it were in a different time. And part of it is that as popular as AHS has been, I'm betting on a season 6, and showing the alien hand might premature for season 5. Even considering tie togethers between seasons.

Part of the fun of AHS is trying to figure out the next season, lol.

Given teh pattern of the show

S1- modern times

S2-50's

s3- Modern

s4- 50's/60's

I'd guess that season 5 will be modern times, and essentially be Area 51. Specicially the idea that on Area 51 the govt is doing some fringe science stuff.

Maybe bring in an eldritch horror or two

Not to be picky, but the dates of S2 and S4 should be reversed. Pepper is featured in both seasons. The dramatic episode, that illustrates how she ends up in "Asylum", is the best show of "Freaks", in my opinion. You feel very sorry for Pepper after she's falsely accused of a heinous crime, especially since she's one of the nicest people in the whole series.

• Like 1

Not to be picky, but the dates of S2 and S4 should be reversed. Pepper is featured in both seasons. The dramatic episode, that illustrates how she ends up in "Asylum", is the best show of "Freaks", in my opinion. You feel very sorry for Pepper after she's falsely accused of a heinous crime, especially since she's one of the nicest people in the whole series.

Thats what really got to me with the finish,they did an amazing job on the episode before the break "peppers story".After that episode to finish the way they did was a bit disappointing imo

• Like 1

Thats what really got to me with the finish,they did an amazing job on the episode before the break "peppers story".After that episode to finish the way they did was a bit disappointing imo

I agree with you. In fact, I might not even bother trying to find and watch a missed show from this season. To be honest, certain aspects of S4 looked quite a bit like bloody chum for the hungry sharks. One example is the anachronistic songs.

• Like 1

This was my first exposure to AHS, and it was certainly puzzling at first. i couldn't figure out who was protagonist and antagonist for a while. I would have preferred that the museum acquisition been the main conflict, with Elsa trying to keep the show alive. Dandy seemed to be a peripheral arc, or some other show's psycho grafted onto this story.

I gather that the pattern indicates next year's story would be in modern times. Several persons have mentioned space or aliens. I would like to see a technological horror story...maybe a popular new product, or a scientific experiment, that gets sabotaged by someone with an evil spiritual connection or goal.

• Like 1

This was my first exposure to AHS, and it was certainly puzzling at first. i couldn't figure out who was protagonist and antagonist for a while. I would have preferred that the museum acquisition been the main conflict, with Elsa trying to keep the show alive. Dandy seemed to be a peripheral arc, or some other show's psycho grafted onto this story.

I gather that the pattern indicates next year's story would be in modern times. Several persons have mentioned space or aliens. I would like to see a technological horror story...maybe a popular new product, or a scientific experiment, that gets sabotaged by someone with an evil spiritual connection or goal.

You're right. They tried to juggle too many balls and spin too many plates at the same time. Secondary stories and sub-plots are great to a certain extent, but movies and TV series can go too far with them, to the point that they detract from the main story. It dilutes the show when the main characters get less attention than the "freaks of the week".

• Like 1