Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you drink milk grown in a lab ?

UM-Bot

I don't eat any of that stuff either (all in my 'Hell No' catagory).

I admit that I love Coke (the cola type) as for the other things, I'll take a pass. All Twinkies should be sent to Peter Griffith in Rhode Island. COD of course!

Even if they grew udders on a mouse i still wouldnt drink its milk.

You do realize that as mammals, mice already produce milk, right?

• Like 4

Observation: It would take a heck of a lot of lactating mice to produce just one glass of milk!

We could always start a mouse milking farm....

Why not? Half the food we eat is artificial, anyway. If it's commercially available it will be produced at a food processing plant like artificial foods such as Cool Whip.

Edited by Hammerclaw

I see no benefit to this produce .

I would not like to know, what kind of food we really eat and drink every day.

Read the food labels, buy foods that are organically grown and meats/milk that are hormone free. All we can do is to limit our exposure to bad things in our food.

• Like 1

Its good actually, with the possible food shortage coming, this may be the winning card against hunger. But I guess it has to be refined first...

I freaking love Milk. I would try it.

I'd like to know how milk is the same price per gallon as gasoline.

Where does artificial food fall on the veganism continuum?

I consider our commercial cows lab experiments anyway. Pretty gross stuff. And how many cows today can you find from a lineage that would be considered "normal" or untainted by humans in the USA? I honestly don't know.

I love love love cows "milk" (favorite beverage) or whatever the heck it is they pump out of them, though. But I'm lactose intolerant and have developed a mild allergic response, thus my affinity for drinking water.

The article says this new milk will contain milk proteins so I may still be allergic. I'm as picky about the taste my "milk" as I am about the taste of my water, so I doubt I'll like it. But dmn I miss my Cap'n Crunch and Sugar Pops!

Edited by QuiteContrary

Its good actually, with the possible food shortage coming, this may be the winning card against hunger.

What "possible food shortage" exactly?

What "possible food shortage" exactly?

If the earth population keeps growing then we will get some problem in the future....

I'm sitting on the fence. I love Pepsi Max and a few other less than natural sweets - not twinkies though but I'm pretty sure most cookies are made with more than their fair share of artificial colorings and flavorings for starters.

I will see if the day comes, which is the lesser of evils then - dealing with a worldwide milk shortage or harming the farming industry by supplanting with alternatives or getting better proteins and minerals like calcium etc from one or the other would be considerations.

i don't see why there shouldn't be a market for both, artificial milk and "the authentic cowjuice"...the existence of the first wouldn't necessarily mean the abolishment of the latter, would it?

I don't even drink regular milk.

Not even remotely healthy for humans.

By the time we can eat solid food, milk is no longer viably processable for anyone, not even human milk...

but specifically it's messed up to be ingesting the reproductive enzymes from another mammals' endocrine system, especially if you're female.

Dump Dairy... feel better.

What sort of milk is it in it's fist initial state? Low fat? Skim? Whole?

Will you be able to separate cream from it to make butter etc?

I drink milk originally from a powder coming from a packet, so yeah why not.

Great, more farms going redundant then

Although, this is a good point.
  • Like 1

I hope they make an A2 Lab milk. A2 is good milk.

I love Almond Milk, people drink rice milk, soy milk, coconut milk, goat milk, sheep milk, what's the biggie?