Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1930s Loch Ness Monster theft plot revealed

UM-Bot

A prominent London museum once appealed to bounty hunters to help secure the body of the creature.

When sightings of the famous Loch Ness Monster were first reported back in the 1930s, the creature's existence was taken quite seriously, even among academics.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...t-plot-revealed

• Like 1

My guess is it wouldn't say on the plaque "This is the remains of the famous Loch Ness Monster which we hired bounty hunters to kill to display here".

• Like 2

At least now they aren't trying to kill it. Step in the right direction. :)

• Like 2

Interesting situation. I wonder if the creature had existed and if it had been shot who would have been able to keep the meat? Would they serve Nessie cutlets at a high priced fund raising dinner, or allowed the hunter to stock his and his extended families freezer for a year to come?

I think the used the wrong Bounty Hunter.

If you need to capture a water based cryptid, this is the guy for the job...

fettSerpent_zps4ec05b62.jpg

• Like 1

Didn't someone(s) offer a similar "Dead or Alive" bounty hunt of Bigfoot? Which of course never came to fruition for either.

What's wrong with some people??

You just don't go around killing a potentially unknown, and likely highly endangered, member of a species just because you want to make money off of it in a museum.

I'm happy today's thinking doesn't include killing a possibly rare specie. With today's technology we should be able to produce hard facts and proof anytime now of this creature and othe elusive species. Although it won't be as entertaining a mystery when this happens.

Since the 30's science has answered the question of how the Loch was formed. It was formed by thousands of years of intense glaciation and the Loch we know today is what remains after the glaciers retreated about 10k years ago. So the chances of a relic sauropod living there in modern times is slim to none and slims out of town.

I think the used the wrong Bounty Hunter.

If you need to capture a water based cryptid, this is the guy for the job...

fettSerpent_zps4ec05b62.jpg

He probably had prior commitments, not to mention the one who hired him can choke hold someone to death. :yes:

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:
  • Like 1

Didn't someone(s) offer a similar "Dead or Alive" bounty hunt of Bigfoot? Which of course never came to fruition for either.

What's wrong with some people??

You just don't go around killing a potentially unknown, and likely highly endangered, member of a species just because you want to make money off of it in a museum.

Isn't that what humans do to "preserve" the species?

I once saw the Loch Ness monster he was hanging out in a puddle in front of my house after it rained I was like hey loch Ness monster what the hell are you doing sitting here in a puddle aren't you supposed to be in the loch ness then he started talking about how he needed tree fiddy to get home

• Like 1

An outrage!! Had the Scots known this sooner, the vote to leave the Empire might have turned out differently!

I remember reading about this years back! Can't recall where from mind, but one reason put forward as to why it wasn't a goer was simple. Somebody had the brains to realise that any "remains" brought in from the alas dead Nessie (and it would have been a case of "Oops, pardon us, but we had to kill it. Bloody thing just wouldn't play along..." might not have been that of an unknown animal but most like a whale or something on those lines!

So Hilarious in retrospect, yet people are still reporting Bigfoot.

The mind boggles.

I really find the idea of a single plesiosaur living in the bottom of a lake really unlikely. Still, it'd be really cool. Maybe there's more than one of them...