Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WW3 wouldn't affect world's population

UM-Bot

A new study has revealed that our planet's population is even more out of control than we realize.

Researchers at the University of Adelaide in Australia looked at current population growth and then simulated what would happen to it under a number of common disaster scenarios.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/274159/ww3-wouldnt-affect-worlds-population

Excellent news...lets have 15 additional world wars starting on his campus and see if it affects his personal outlook on what death is when compared to all of humanity.

• Like 7

If the world transportation infrastructure 'goes', the population will quickly starve and drop to levels these researchers never imagined...

• Like 7

according to the bible, 1/3 of us will be killed. but in ww1 there was a population world wide of about v1 billion ww2 a billion and half. what this guy fails to know is they had the opposite effect on population growth. after each we had a population growth. the same would happen after a ww3.

• Like 1

according to the bible, 1/3 of us will be killed. but in ww1 there was a population world wide of about v1 billion ww2 a billion and half. what this guy fails to know is they had the opposite effect on population growth. after each we had a population growth. the same would happen after a ww3.

Provided it's a conventional war... A Biological/Nuclear Total war would make quite a defference...

• Like 5

This is completely ridiculous...

• Like 5

Logical attempts to control population have met with limited success; human procreation defies logic. People may procreate themselves to death like a virus consuming its host. As the population density increases, however, the likelihood of uncontrolled pandemics increase. Similarly, natural disasters will have more far reaching effects. Scarcity of resources and fear will likely bring about escalating conflicts. The mental stress associated with of out-of-control population growth will lead to more aberrant behavior to include greater polarizing of groups brought about by fear of loss of control. Yet, as we embark upon the Anthropocene period and experience the physical changes to this world, we will be changed, perhaps for the better.

• Like 1

Logical attempts to control population have met with limited success; human procreation defies logic. People may procreate themselves to death like a virus consuming its host. As the population density increases, however, the likelihood of uncontrolled pandemics increase. Similarly, natural disasters will have more far reaching effects. Scarcity of resources and fear will likely bring about escalating conflicts. The mental stress associated with of out-of-control population growth will lead to more aberrant behavior to include greater polarizing of groups brought about by fear of loss of control. Yet, as we embark upon the Anthropocene period and experience the physical changes to this world, we will be changed, perhaps for the better.

How ? what physical changes do you think will change us?

How ? what physical changes do you think will change us?

Put too many rats in a box n they go crazy and start killing one another. The more rats, the crazier they go😕

• Like 2

" human procreation defies logic." We seem to be victims of the old biblical injunction to "be fruitful and multiply" which may be built into our genes. Now that the earth has been "subdued" there may not be a real reason to maintain over 7 billion humans on the planet. It won't only be the next world war that decimates the population but also geological catastrophes (earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis) bad weather leading to bad harvests and famine, climate change, and new diseases, some manmade, all of which are over the horizon to decimate the population. The odd thing is that these seem to come at us all at once so that escaping population reduction isn't in the cards.

• Like 2

Not sure what they're thinking in Oz these days.

Not to mention the very real possibility of ALL humans being eliminated instantly by a full on Nuclear war.

• Like 1

Lets spend all our resources killing each other. That would be way easier than developing the technology to colonize other worlds. Hell send our criminals to Mars to mine for us. There is allot of ways of to solve over population other than war and disease. But i guess this is what happens when you let governments/corporations do whatever they want for 70 years. Why would they spend all their money to advance the human race?

Edited by TheOtherSide1945

There are ways to solve overpopulation but you need the religions and people to go along with it. Its called birth control but with religions preaching you shouldn't do anything to prevent pregnancy it will be hard. Maybe modern medicine should be held back from populations that won't practice birth control. Can't have people living to100 if they are having a dozen kids.

Another reason to close borders. Other countries can't keep breeding them and shipping them around the world.

• Like 2

All I'll say is how many people remember the ST-TOS episode "The Mark of Gideon"? If we keep having "litters" instead of sensible-sized families, we'll get there soon. I know some of you will think I'm horrible for saying that, but I've seen too many five child and over families on welfare because the parents got more money the more kids they had.

• Like 2

actually if there was a serious nuclear war with all major powers involved, then I don`t think that there will be only that "few" victims. In WW2 there were 2 nuclear bombs dropped, but if . Russia drops a bomb on Europe I think, that the US or EU will drop a bomb on Russia as retaliation, and then russia will drop a bomb on the US... and the spiral goes on and on until China, Japan, Russia and Europe is a mere toxic wasteland..... So there would be far more victims than 1ww and 2ww combined, if that was the case.

• Like 2

Not sure what they're thinking in Oz these days.

Not to mention the very real possibility of ALL humans being eliminated instantly by a full on Nuclear war.

Exactly. A nuclear winter will spread around the world due to fallout from nuclear bombs, blocking out sunlight leading to food shortages . There will be radiation poisoning, disease will be widespread due to lack of clean water, hygiene and sanitation. Modern technology including most transport, will have been destroyed by the electromagnetic pulse from nuclear explosions. If billions of people survive the onslaught of a nuclear war, I don't see how they will survive in that kind of post nuclear world.
  • Like 1

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein.

Edited by Ogbin
  • Like 6

I remember reading something about the New World Order elites want to cull the population from 7 billion to 500 millions calling that a healthy sustainable population.

One thing is for sure we need to leave the third world countries to their own devices, no more aide, no food, no medical help, nothing and let nature take its course. I have heard the western worlds foreign aide programs to third world counties being compared to feeding the pigeons in the park, it only gets you more pigeons.

The western world selflessness is now destroying them via all the immigration legal and illegal from the counties they naively help overpopulate.

Edited by Socio
  • Like 1

One thing is for sure we need to leave the third world countries to their own devices, no more aide, no food, no medical help, nothing and let nature take its course.

That's just cold..

Socio, is this short for sociopathic? Because thats whats this statement makes you sound like. (IMO)

Edited by Ogbin
  • Like 1

I think generally a WW3 will not get into every country, and so countries like India and China will not be horribly affected. It would be fought over the relatively minor nations and grabbing up their resources.

If we did have a war that went into China, or India, or Africa, we could see a big percentage of loss, but really we'd be back to where were were (like the stock market) in two or three decades. We'd need some kind of one world government with forced sterility treatments in order to force birth rates down.

Some people argue that the population will begin to drop when everyone reaches a good standard of living, but I've always thought that was Euro-centric thinkiing. We (Americans and Europeans) think everyone thinks and acts like us,or should. Eventually everyone else will be civilized and act and think like us. It is a very limited thinking inside the box kind of thing.

Ugh... I can't stand being in crowds. People, you need to stop breeding like bunnies.

I understand their point that population growth will most likely continue, in the long run .. but I think it's silly to say that a WWIII " wouldn't affect world's population". Of course it would.

• Like 1

I think generally a WW3 will not get into every country, and so countries like India and China will not be horribly affected. It would be fought over the relatively minor nations and grabbing up their resources.

If we did have a war that went into China, or India, or Africa, we could see a big percentage of loss, but really we'd be back to where were were (like the stock market) in two or three decades. We'd need some kind of one world government with forced sterility treatments in order to force birth rates down.

Some people argue that the population will begin to drop when everyone reaches a good standard of living, but I've always thought that was Euro-centric thinkiing. We (Americans and Europeans) think everyone thinks and acts like us,or should. Eventually everyone else will be civilized and act and think like us. It is a very limited thinking inside the box kind of thing.

The measurable reality is that its exactly what happens. As a consequence of reduced child mortality and better education countries like Bangladesh have dropped their fertility rates to comparable levels to Europe and America. It is evidence that development, education and healthcare are the only proven methods of reducing birth rates.

Br Cornelius