Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Antares Rocket Explodes After Launch

Waspie_Dwarf

Admittedly, there was no obvious candidate in the clip shown but the possibility shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

Yeah we have to assume that the Antares rocket has been rammed by acident by Marshmallow-Man while in transparency mode.

(Oh dear!)

I was initially reminded of the Russian rocket which exploded after an apparent interception by a UFO.

Apparent to who?

Not apparent anyone that has ever actually watched video of a Proton launch before, in fact it's not apparent to anyone that has actually watched video of ANY rocket launch before.

It's not apparent to anyone that knows that the "smoke" is actually moisture in the air forming a contrail as the rocket passes through the region of maximum dynamic pressure.

It's not apparent to anyone that knows this occurs on pretty much every rocket launch that has ever happened.

In short it's not apparent to anyone that isn't gullible and/or clueless when it comes to believing totally idiotic UFO based theories.

• Like 2

coincidentally 4 minutes before the ISS passed overhead

That's no coincidence.

Any mission being launched to the ISS has to be launched into the same orbital plane and into an orbit not too far in front or behind the ISS, otherwise large rocket burns, and therefore unacceptably large amounts of fuel, would be required in order to make the rendezvous.

The consequence of this is that the ISS tends to fly over the launch site of any mission to the station at around the same time that the launch is made.

Obviously, there was a breech in the anti-matter containment field.

Just guessing that would have left a much bigger hole in the ground.

• Like 1

There are entiies in this universe far greater than man. Man is in it's infancy. When will it get the brain-development enough to learn that killing another man is NOT an option, is really a sign of cognitive weakness? War is a weakness, a cognitive weakness. The greed bahind fabricated wars is a cognitive weakness.

What they tell you was in Antares, if present at all, is only part of what they put in it. The things that "they" don't tell you about is what makes that rocket a target.

https://en.wikipedia...ity_(TV_series)

If you can find the series somewhere, please watch it. It is thought-provoking.

Edited by regeneratia

My posts tell you what happened. That IS the news.

As to why it happened, do you really think that even NASA can determine what caused an extraordinarily complex piece of technology to fail in a few minutes whilst they can't even get near the site because of the fires that are burning?

Do yoiu think they will tell us the truth once they know?

Yeah and it was just cabbage for the German guy who is up there.

The thought of being in such close quarters with someone eating that much cabbage makes me shudder. Reminds me of the tagline from the movie Alien; "In space no one can hear you scream." :alien:

• Like 2

Do yoiu think they will tell us the truth once they know?

Why wouldn't they?

You might want to check out the San Antonio Express News.Why,becuase some students from HobBy Middle School here in San Antonio sent a science project up on this thing. The kids got selected for this honor and got to watch the launch by remote. Feel bad for them since all their hard work went up in smoke.

• Like 3

The thought of being in such close quarters with someone eating that much cabbage makes me shudder. Reminds me of the tagline from the movie Alien; "In space no one can hear you scream." :alien:

Hey - We Germans need our sauerkraut!
  • Like 2

You might want to check out the San Antonio Express News.Why,becuase some students from HobBy Middle School here in San Antonio sent a science project up on this thing. The kids got selected for this honor and got to watch the launch by remote. Feel bad for them since all their hard work went up in smoke.

That is a tough one and I can imagine the disappointment is pretty high.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't they?

LOL. thank you for that laugh. You rock!

Russian engines would have been my first guess for the cause of failure.

What the Russian NK-33 engines that have performed flawlessly for decades?

It's quite likely to be the result of modifications Aerojet have made to those engines, the turbo-pumps for example.

• Like 1

NASA has blown up so many shuttles, and rockets. Perhaps they should create missles instead.

Edited by Karasu

There appears to be a flash near the base of the rocket, about 1 and a half seconds after ignition. The rocket seems to tip slightly to the right very shortly after it begins to rise, before clearing the gantry. A fuel leakage suggests itself.

• Like 2

It's quite likely to be the result of modifications Aerojet have made to those engines, the turbo-pumps for example.

I just read they tested one of the same engines recently and it exploded.

At least there's some good news, a Russian Soyuz rocket successfully launched this morning with supplies for the station.

Edited by Fox Mccloud
  • Like 1

NASA Holds News Conference Following Orbital Launch Mishap

NASA held a news conference Tuesday October 28 following the mishap that occurred at NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia during the attempted launch of Orbital Sciences Corp’s Antares rocket and Cygnus cargo spacecraft to the International Space Station. Briefing participants were, Bill Gerstenmaier, associate administrator of NASA’s Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate, Frank Culbertson, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Advanced Programs Group at Orbital Sciences Corp, Bill Wrobel, director of NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility, and Mike Suffredini, NASA’s International Space Station Program Manager.

Credit: NASA

Source: NASA - Multimedia

NASA Holds News Conference Following Orbital Launch Mishap

NASA held a news conference Tuesday October 28 following the mishap that occurred at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia during the attempted launch of Orbital Sciences Corp's Antares rocket and Cygnus cargo spacecraft to the International Space Station. Briefing participants were, Bill Gerstenmaier, associate administrator of NASA's Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate, Frank Culbertson, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Advanced Programs Group at Orbital Sciences Corp, Bill Wrobel, director of NASA's Wallops Flight Facility, and Mike Suffredini, NASA's International Space Station Program Manager.

Credit: NASA

Source: NASA - Multimedia

Thank you.

I would have made sure and have a geiger counter present and functioning, had I been there.

There appears to be a flash near the base of the rocket, about 1 and a half seconds after ignition.

As per my knowledge there are often explosives involved to open the clamps those fix a rocket at the pad untill the engines

have reached the needed level of thrust. But I have no idea if this technology is also used at Antares lauch pads.

The rocket seems to tip slightly to the right very shortly after it begins to rise, before clearing the gantry. A fuel leakage suggests itself.

I watched a YT clip of an earlyer launch of an Antares and looking at 00:54 it seems that this one tipped to the right but I`m not sure if

it really did or if it is just an optical illusion.

• Like 1

There are entiies in this universe far greater than man. Man is in it's infancy. When will it get the brain-development enough to learn that killing another man is NOT an option, is really a sign of cognitive weakness? War is a weakness, a cognitive weakness. The greed bahind fabricated wars is a cognitive weakness.

What they tell you was in Antares, if present at all, is only part of what they put in it. The things that "they" don't tell you about is what makes that rocket a target.

https://en.wikipedia...ity_(TV_series)

If you can find the series somewhere, please watch it. It is thought-provoking.

No woo-woo here, just a catastrophic mechanical failure. No bugeyed monster's intervention required.
  • Like 1

Edited by Hammerclaw

As per my knowledge there are often explosives involved to open the clamps those fix a rocket at the pad untill the engines

have reached the needed level of thrust. But I have no idea if this technology is also used at Antares lauch pads.

I watched a YT clip of an earlyer launch of an Antares and looking at 00:54 it seems that this one tipped to the right but I`m not sure if

it really did or if it is just an optical illusion.

[media=]

[/media]

Yes, there are small explosive 'pyros' that open latches for many rocket launches, but this seemed overly bright for that. Perhaps the launch being at dusk made these look brighter then expected.

I looked at the video of the earlier Antares launch. The rocket did appear to tip in a similar manner to yesterday's launch. I do not think this is an optical illusion, in the usual sense of this term.

In looking at both videos, I placed a ruler vertically against the screen, next to the rocket. Both rockets seemed to change their angle of flight, slightly to the right, as they rose, with respect to the ruler. Perhaps some peculiarity of the camera caused this. Or perhaps the rockets are intended to tip like this for some reason.

Edited by bison
  • Like 1

No woo-woo here, just a catastrophic mechanical failure. No bugeyed monster's intervention required.

I agree.