Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Quiet Ones

SpiritWriter

I watched it last night... I don't really watch scary movies much and I know for all you scary movie buffs this movie probably isn't scary at all. But based on the fact that they were saying it is based on actual events, if this really happened, it actually would be scary because people died at the hands of a girl who was able to manifest her anger into an angry murdering ghost child.

It wasn't the best movie in the world but it was interesting. Basically about experimenting with the supernatural, trying to get a subject to manifest her negative energy, which did happen and the team got way more than they bargained for, by dying...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235779/

When they say "based on actual events"... They usually mean very LOOSELY based on actual events... Sometimes the only thing the same are some of the names... So be wary of the "based on actual (or true) events" claim...

• Like 1

When they say "based on actual events"... They usually mean very LOOSELY based on actual events... Sometimes the only thing the same are some of the names... So be wary of the "based on actual (or true) events" claim...

My favorite example of "based on actual events" is the movie the strangers where three people with animal masks break in to a house, torture and eventually kill the occupants.

The "true events" part was when the director was a kid, a stranger knocked on his door and asked for someone who didn't live there. Chilling....

• Like 3

My favorite example of "based on actual events" is the movie the strangers where three people with animal masks break in to a house, torture and eventually kill the occupants.

The "true events" part was when the director was a kid, a stranger knocked on his door and asked for someone who didn't live there. Chilling....

Haha yes there's quite a difference between "based on true events" and loosely inspired by something quite mundane that once happened.

Edited by CatFromHell

Haha yes there's quite a difference between "based on true events" and loosely inspired by something quite mundane that once happened.

Loosely inspired by something quite mundane is what based on true events usually actually means.

Loosely inspired by something quite mundane is what based on true events usually actually means.

Thanks for the lesson.

Edited by CatFromHell

so nobody else watched it or has anything to say about the movie? it's ok.... :) just thought I'd share the fact that I'd seen it.. lol

cheers everybody

Just my thoughts on "true events":

"True story:" Everything is factual and verifiable.

"Based on true events:" Something similar happened, but the sequence of events has been modified.

"Inspired by true events:" Some of the people have the same name. Inspired by means that somebody got an idea off an event. Like somebody looking for somebody who doesn't live there.

And I have not seen The Quiet Ones. I might check it out now.

the movie takes place in a house and there are actual houses.