Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interesting Roswell Theory

BioSphere

I've been doing some reading on Roswell and the events surrounding it recently. In Kevin G. Randle's book "Conspiracy of Silence", he has military officers testify that there were bodies recovered at a U.F.O crash sight, and that it was several miles away from the more famous and reported debris field on Mac Brazel's farm. The author tries hard to weave an explanation that the Brazel debris field might have been composed of actual material from the U.F.O that was shed as it began to crash to earth. However--based on what I have seen and read about the debris on the farm, I believe that the Project Mogul explanation is the most likely culprit in explaining the incident. For the debris field, at least.

I have an interesting theory. I think that the craft was brought down by the Mogul Balloon itself; that it caused the ufo to crash. The Brazel debris was shredded to an incredible extent, almost as if brought apart by an explosive force. Perhaps as the extraterrestrial craft was flying that morning, it failed to see the balloon that was being flown in the area. It flew into the array at high speed, shredding the weather balloon as it began to plummet out of control.

Tell me what you think.

I've been doing some reading on Roswell and the events surrounding it recently. In Kevin G. Randle's book "Conspiracy of Silence", he has military officers testify that there were bodies recovered at a U.F.O crash sight, and that it was several miles away from the more famous and reported debris field on Mac Brazel's farm. The author tries hard to weave an explanation that the Brazel debris field might have been composed of actual material from the U.F.O that was shed as it began to crash to earth. However--based on what I have seen and read about the debris on the farm, I believe that the Project Mogul explanation is the most likely culprit in explaining the incident. For the debris field, at least.

I have an interesting theory. I think that the craft was brought down by the Mogul Balloon itself; that it caused the ufo to crash. The Brazel debris was shredded to an incredible extent, almost as if brought apart by an explosive force. Perhaps as the extraterrestrial craft was flying that morning, it failed to see the balloon that was being flown in the area. It flew into the array at high speed, shredding the weather balloon as it began to plummet out of control.

Tell me what you think.

if a tinfoil and Balsa balloon can bring down a craft that, according to your theory, was capable of interstellar space flight..... i will never ever get on board of an airplane again!

on the plus side, that scenario would have us look like a BOSS when the Aliens ever try to invade us....

• Like 8

Well that's certain ONE way of explain the debris from the balloon I suppose.

• Like 4

did i say welcome? how rude.... welcome to UM!

Tell me what you think.

Oh No not again! :lol:

• Like 4

Well the theory is a good one as far as theories go but I really like the original ones, more interesting as a story line than mundan explanations...and the occupants need not be extraterrestrial at all, they could be remnant forerunners, apex humanoid dino's even! why not?

Its just as valid as anything else.....

I think that the craft was brought down by the Mogul Balloon itself; that it caused the ufo to crash. The Brazel debris was shredded to an incredible extent, almost as if brought apart by an explosive force. Perhaps as the extraterrestrial craft was flying that morning, it failed to see the balloon that was being flown in the area. It flew into the array at high speed, shredding the weather balloon as it began to plummet out of control.

Tell me what you think.

So if they were here, they were able to travel distances of lightyears across the galaxy/universe at a speed that is counted in % of the

speed of light, or above, so they must have the knowledge and the technology to avoid contact with asteroids/comets during the trip at

cruise speed. But they were not able to detect a nearly stationary object in the earth atmosphere while at a very low speed?

• Like 7

photo-thumb-149683.jpg?_r=1412791093 Posted by Growl on 19 October 2014 - 09:27 PM in Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon

The incident of 47 was a mistake of the aliens. Two flying machines have appeared probably in the same space-time instead of a few hundred meters from each other. then you are almost destroyed in the crash ... (extreme case but also the aliens are wrong).

Another alternative, a UFO appeared in the sky in a place where an object transiting terrestrial steering wheel but still, (not revealed by aliens before jumping in space-time) the famous balloon?

Perhaps the truth is in the middle, that day has fallen really an alien object, but also a true air balloon.

This is the most probable reconstruction of what happened to me.

The aliens were not very concerned, probably there was a lot to recover from the wreckage fell to the ground and the crew was made up of beings considered the same value of a good appliance.

is a theory about the incident that I think are very good, I talked already here a few weeks ago.

Perhaps the ship "alien" has materialized in jump-space at a point along which a terrestrial object in this case a balloon probe.

So if they were here, they were able to travel distances of lightyears across the galaxy/universe at a speed that is counted in % of the

speed of light, or above, so they must have the knowledge and the technology to avoid contact with asteroids/comets during the trip at

cruise speed. But they were not able to detect a nearly stationary object in the earth atmosphere while at a very low speed?

UFOs do not travel at the speed of light ... you can not.

They appear in a spot, simply. Then they can flutter if necessary, but always within the limits that the structure of machinery wheel.

I have to decide how to write well for the principle used by the UFO ...

BUT with a translator is impossible.

Tell me what you think.

I have to disagree because according to the records of Albert.Crary, balloon flights for June 3, and June 4, 1947 were cancelled due to clouds. There was a stipulation that no balloon flights were to be flown if the ceiling was below 20,000 feet and visibility less than 3 miles and I might add that those days were cloudy, so we can dismiss any Mogul balloon flights for June 3, and June 4, 1947.

Despite what was reported in the Air Force's 1994 and 1997 Roswell Reports, Project Mogul balloons were not classified and in fact, some Mogul balloons were recovered by civilians for rewards and in one case, a Mogul balloon was left lying next to a roadway where it was vandalized, which is a clear indication that Mogul balloons were not classified at all. According to the diary of Albert Crary, a Mogul balloon train was recovered by rancher, Sid West, and it wasn't until the next day that two men were sent to recover the balloon remains from the rancher, which once again, is proof that Project Mogul was not classified top secret. The question at this point is, why did the Air Force imply that Project Mogul balloons were highly classified when in fact they were not? Let's take a look at what the Mogul balloon teams were tracking over New Mexico.

Navy Officer Tells

HOW SCIENTISTS TRACKED A FLYING SAUCER

by Commander Robert B. McLaughlin, USN

In its January issue TRUE said that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. Its story was widely supported by the nation's press and radio. TRUE's findings are here confirmed by Commander McLaughlin, a rocket expert at White Sands Proving Ground, who worked independently of this magazine's investigation. He reveals how a troup of Navy men and scientists tracked a flying disk with a precision instrument and tells of flights he and others witnessed.

http://www.nicap.org/true-mc.htm

Why did the Air Force first report capturing a flying saucer and then, claim that what they recovered was a weather balloon and send in a small army to recover a single weather balloon and decades later claim that it was a classified Project Mogul train, which wasn't classified at all? It doesn't take an army to recover a single weather balloon nor a downed Project Mogul balloon train. In fact, in New Jersey, a lone policeman recovered a Mogul balloon that snagged itself on the roof of a tarvern as many people watched. To sum that up, the Air Force lied on two occasions. Both balloon stories were cover stories for what the military recovered.

Roughly about the same time the Air Force reported capturing a flying saucer in New Mexico, flying saucers were overflying Muroc AFB, California. You can read all about it here.

Flying Saucers Over Muroc AFB

Morning: Two spherical or disc-like UFOs joined by a third object. (XII)

Crew of technicians saw white-aluminum UFO with distinct oval outline descending,

moving against wind, (II).

Afternoon: Thin "metallic" UFO climbed, dove, oscillated over field, also seen by test pilot in vicinity.

(XII)

F-51 pilot watched a flat object "of light-reflecting nature" pass above his plane. No

known aircraft were in the area. (XII)

Section II: Technicians at Secret Test Base Observe Mechanical UFO

At Muroc AFB (now Edwards AFB) and adjacent Rogers Dry Lake, scientists and engineers test and develop the latest aircraft, including secret projects. Althoroughly familiar with anything that flies, the base technical personnel had no explanation for the UFOs which maneuvered over the area July 8, 1947. Twice that morning, disc-shaped objects were observed cavorting overhead. Then about 11:50 AM, a crew of technicians at Rogers saw a round white, apparently metallic object descending, moving west nortwest against the wind. They observed thick projections on top which crossed each other at intervals, suggesting either rotation or oscillation. In their official report they stated: "It was man-made, as evidenced by the outline and functional appearance."

http://www.nuforc.org/Muroc.html

In order to explain alien bodies the army recovered, the Air Force claimed that e anthropomorphic dummies were mistaken for aliens, which was a lie, so let's here it from the Air Force officer who was in charge.

Dummies weren't classified, says retired colonel

GRANTS — A retired Air Force officer says he worked with high techcrash test dummies in the 1950s, and that there's no way they'd be confused with aliens described in rumors arising from the Roswell Incident.

Lt. Col. (Ret.) Raymond A. Madson said he isn't buying the latest Air Force explanation of what occurred in Roswell in July 1947. The Pentagon issued a report this week saying the Air Force believes crash test dummies used in the 1950s were mistaken for the rumored 1947 aliens and suggesting that UFO buffs just got their dates mixed up.

Madson, 66, who now lives near Grants, said he was project officer for Project High Dive at Holloman Air Force Base for four years starting in the 1950s. He told the Grants newspaper, the Cibola County Beacon, that the Project High Dive dummies were used to test problems pilots might encounter with the ejection mechanisms for bailing out of new generation jet aircraft.

Madson said he sent photographs of Project High Dive dummies to the Pentagon for inclusion in the Air Force document issued this week, 'The Roswell Report: Case Closed.But he said the dummies do not match the descriptions of the very small, almost childlike beings purported to have been seen in 1947 near Roswell. 'They were testing these hings (dummies) to try to protect grown men. They would never have used (dummies of) children for such experiments,' he said.

Madson also served at Wright Patterson Air Force Base near Dayton, Ohio, before coming to Holloman. His wife worked at Wright Patterson as a secretary in the base medical laboratory, as well, he said. Both of them heard serious talk about little green men who had been brought onto the base and studied secretly, he said.

The subject of aliens never came up at Holloman, however, he said. 'I think it was a highly kept secret at that time,' he said. In contrast, there was nothing secret about his dummies, he said. 'The dummies were not covered up or hidden (when transported), and there was no security in the dummy drop phase of the experiments,' he said. And because the windblown dummies might end up falling just about anywhere, the Air Force even offered $25 rewards to local residents around Alamogordo to return the dummies to the base, he said. They were all stamped with labels identifying them as Air Force property, Madson said.

http://www.cufos.org/airforce.htm

Eventually, Lt. Col. Madson was assigned to Wright-Patterson AFB, and what he heard while based there had made him a believer. Speaking of Wright-Patterson AFB, let's here from this general officer.

General Arthur Exon

General Exon was also the Air Force officer who flew over the area after the crash and confirmed that there were two crash sites relating to the Roswell incident, not one. So that brings up this very important question: What crashed in 1947 that was so classified that the government feels compelled to continue on with its Roswell cover-up to this very day?

General Arthur Exon was a former USAF commander at Wright-Patterson AFB and he is on the record as stating that the Roswell incident involved extraterrestrial spacecraft and that his base had examined remains from extraterrestrial spacecraft.

http://roswellproof....d.com/exon.html

Amazing, the Air Force song is now playing in my headset. Now, that is what I call perfect timing!

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 2

Well the theory is a good one as far as theories go but I really like the original ones, more interesting as a story line than mundan explanations...and the occupants need not be extraterrestrial at all, they could be remnant forerunners, apex humanoid dino's even! why not?

Its just as valid as anything else.....

That the occupants of the incident were part human is likely.

A pilot flying machines, to perform the first part of the abductions, to make short missions on Earth's surface are used "EBE" the famous gray.

They are biological robots servants of aliens more important, they can not risk their lives flying flying objects directly.

these biological servants are built upon basic human probabilmenti are modified human embryos.

What grotesque but very likely.

Tell me what you think.

I want to add this little document that shows where the suggestion to use a weather balloon rawin device as a cover story for the two downed flying saucers came from before it filtered down to General Ramey's office, and then passed on to Roswell AAF.

WAR V WU A50 NL PD

KALAMAZOO MICH JUL 8

WAR DEPT

INTELLIGENCE DIV WASHDC

SUGGEST SAUCERS ARE RADAR TARGET FOR WEATHER OBSERVATION

PURPOSES CONTACT COL M DUFFY SPRING LAKE NEW JERSEY FOR INFORMATION

TONY GASTON NEWS EDITOR WKZO

WKZO.

I also want to add additional information that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Project Mogul balloon were not classified top secret balloons. Questionnaires and rewards and other tags were placed on Mogul balloons for anyone who recovered downed Mogul balloons.

Attached Questionnaire Attached To Mogul balloons

Please answer this and send to us so that we may pay you the

Reward.

1. On what date and at what hour was the balloon discovered?

2. Where was it discovered? (Approximate distance and direction

from nearest town on map?)

3. Was it observed descending? If so, at what time?

4. Did it float down slowly or fall rapidly?

5. How much kerosene was there in the tank?

C. S. Schneider

Research Division

New York University

University Heights

Bronx 53. New York

ATTACHED REWARD NOTICE

This is special weather equipment Sent aloft on research by New York Univetity.

It is important that the equipment be recovered. The finder L requested to protect

the equipment from damage or theft. and to telegraph collect to: Mr. C. 5. Schneider.

York University. 18lst St. & University Heights, Box 12. New York City.

L.S.A. Phone: LUdlow 3.6310. REFER TO FLIGHT #-__________

A dollar ($ ) reward and reasonable reimbursement for recovery expense will be

paid if the above instruction* are followed before September 1949.

KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE. THERE IS KEROSENE IN THE TANK.

****WARNING TAGS****

DANGER!

FIRE!

CUT THESE WIRES

BEFORE HANDLING

DANGER!

EMPTY THIS ON GROUND

BEFORE HANDLING

----------------------------------------------

Typical Mogul Balloon Equipment That Was NOT Found on the Foster Ranch

* Dribblers

* Parachutes

* Ballast tubes

* Radiosode

* Sono Buoy

* Equipment gauges

* 17.5 Mogul balloon payload.

* Braided lines

* 28 balloons of various sizes

None of that equipment that made up a typical Project Mogul balloon train was classified. I might also add that the Sovets first nuclear detonation in 1949 was detected by a modified B-29, not by a Mogul balloon train, which goes to show just how far the Air Force was willing to go in its Roswell cover-up campaign..

I have done a lot of research into the Roswell incident and even gathered information from two individuals who were once based at Roswell, I was told the Roswell balloon stories were cover stories and not true at all.

To sum that up, the Roswell incident involved extraterrestrials, which is what the Air Force reported here.

300px-RoswellDailyRecordJuly8%2C1947.jpg

Common sense dictates that you don't cover-up a downed top secret government project by telling the whole world that what crashed at a particular location was an extraterrestrial flying saucer.

I want to add Astronaut Ed Mitchell.

Roswell 1947 - Documents on the witnesses

Edgar Mitchell

"Make no mistake, Roswell happened. I've seen secret files which show the government knew about it, but decided not to tell the public."

http://www.ufologie....garmitchell.htm

IAstronaut Ed Mitchell was one of three astronauts on Apollo 14. I would like to add that my flying buddy was on the flight crew that flew the Apollo 14 astronauts from Pago Pago to Houston, Texas after their moon flight. The astronaut recovery flight began at Travis AFB, CA., which is where I spent much of my Air Force career.

The attachment depicts the newspaper article of my flying buddy as he boards his aircraft at Travis AFB, to recover the Apollo 14 astronauts in Pago Pago and fly them back to Texas. He is also an original Tuskegee Airman.

post-32948-0-96947700-1415182343_thumb.j

Edited by skyeagle409

Darn, I was so hoping not to see the letters UFO on this.......never mind, this can go on the virtual shelf, in the virtual back room with all the other virtual bog rolls.

Darn, I was so hoping not to see the letters UFO on this.......never mind, this can go on the virtual shelf, in the virtual back room with all the other virtual bog rolls.

Check this out by clicking on the links..

Balloon Scientist Tracked Flying Saucers

http://roswellproof....O_Aug_1947.html

http://roswellproof....es_4_12_52.html

Take a look at some declassified Top Secret documents at this link. Several years ago, the U.S. National Achieves reported that they were going to begin releasing declassified secret documents on UFOs.

http://www.project19...fig/1948air.htm

And, this letter details the tracking of a flying saucer by Project Mogul scientist

;

mclaugh1.jpg

mclaugh2.jpg

Edited by skyeagle409

UFOs do not travel at the speed of light ... you can not.

Yeah, the observed standard UFOs like misinterpreted airplanes, meteors, planets, satellites, ballons an others do not travel at LS

but we are talking here about hypothetical crafts of hypothetical extraterrestrial origin.

I have to decide how to write well for the principle used by the UFO ...BUT with a translator is impossible.

No, I don`t think its a translator issue. I think its more probable that its a general issue, because yr hypothesis will not match

to the laws of (known) physics and will not be in compliance to the knowledge in the fields of astronomy.

• Like 2

ABSOLUTELY,

Bit of an insult to even think that something that advanced could do all that, to then crash or get brought down by some flimsy balloon when reaching little ol Earth.......

But just incase this ridiculous theory is right, I have got this ready so we do not make the same mistake again next time, surely they will see this coming

pig-hot-air-balloon.jpg

• Like 3

ABSOLUTELY,

Bit of an insult to even think that something that advanced could do all that, to then crash or get brought down by some flimsy balloon when reaching little ol Earth.......

But just incase this ridiculous theory is right, I have got this ready so we do not make the same mistake again next time, surely they will see this coming

pig-hot-air-balloon.jpg

If the UFO reappeared and merges with that object is a significant problem ... Even if the balloon is shaped ass. :P

If it wasn't a mogul balloon it was very similar based on what Brazel and Marcel described .The talk of alien bodies started 30 years later when Glenn Dennis started spinning his yarns which have subsequently been shown to be very dubious

• Like 1

If it wasn't a mogul balloon it was very similar based on what Brazel and Marcel described .The talk of alien bodies started 30 years later when Glenn Dennis started spinning his yarns which have subsequently been shown to be very dubious

Actually, alien bodies were recovered and taken to Wright-Patterson AFB. The fact the Air Force added test dummies to the Roswell incident in order to explain away the bodies is what set off alarm bells. If no bodies were recovered, the Air Force could have easily deny that bodies were found, yet in its 1997 Roswell Report, the Air Force acknowledged that people did see bodies, but the Air Force said that the 4-foot bodies that people saw were 6-foot test dummies. Do these 6-foot test dummies look like large-head 4-foot alien beings?

220px-Test_dummies.jpg

"The test dummies which "The Roswell Report: Case Closed" says accounts for many of the alien bodies stories."

Let's review a a portion of the Air Force's 1997 Roswell Report.

1997 ROSWELL REPORT

Claims of "alien bodies" at the Roswell Army Air Field hospital (1947) were most likely a combination of two separate incidents:

) a 1956 KC-97 aircraft accident in which 11 Air Force members lost their lives; and,

) a 1959 manned balloon mishap in which two Air Force pilots were injured.

http://www.af.mil/library/roswell

In other words, the Air Force does not deny that people saw bodies at the hospital. However, it is reasonable that people would not have misidentified human beings as large head aliens. To sum it it up, the Air Force acknowledges that people saw bodes at the crash site and in the hospital, but common sense says that what the Air Force says the bodies were does not make any sense when compared to the descriptions of the eyewitnesses so thanks in part to the Air Force acknowledgement that bodies were seen in regard to the Roswell incident, we now have alien bodies to address because the Air Force does not deny that bodies were seen.

Now, let's hear from the Air Force officer who overflew the Roswell crash sites and confirmed that there were two crash sites.

General Arthur E. Exon

They were all found, apparently, outside the craft itself but were in fairly good condition. In other words, they weren't broken up a lot"

General Exon became commander at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH., which is where alien bodies and wreckage were flown, which also explains why General Curtiss E. LeMay went ballistic on Senator Barry Goldwater when the senator asked to take a look in a particular room at Wright-Patterson AFB.

Barry Goldwater

P.O. BOX 1 601

SCOTTSDALE. ARIZONA 85252

July 26, 1994

Mr. Kent Jeffrey

Porteous Ave. Fairfax, CA 94930

Dear Mr. Jeffrey:

You touch something very close to me, by your letter. Roswell

has long been a point of great interest to me, since the

first UFO's turned up. You see, I both believe in UFOs and I

don't believe in them. My argument is that God, m creating

the universes as he did, would not just have made one planet

with living things.

Butch Blanchard was a very close friend of mine. I worked

with him in the Air Force, and am almost certain that I knew

your father, the Colonel. There is not much we can do about

getting the things about Roswell that you would like.

I tried diligently to get them from General LeMay, and the only

cussing out he ever gave me, was when I very vociferously

asked him for information.

It was nice to hear from you. I guess we'l1 just keep on trying.

Sincerely

[signature]

Barry Goldwater

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

If it wasn't a mogul balloon it was very similar based on what Brazel and Marcel described .

The balloon stories were concocted to cover-up the Roswell incident. Let's read an affidavit from Col. Thomas Dubose. He was one of the officers who posed with the debris in General Roger Ramey's office.

AFFIDAVIT

(1) My name is Thomas Jefferson Dubose

(2) My address is: XXXXXXXXXX

(3) I retired from the U.S. Air force in 1959 with the rank of Brigadier General.

(4) In July 1947, I was stationed at Fort Worth Army Air Field [later Carswell Air Force Base] in Fort Worth, Texas. I served as Chief of Staff to Major General Roger Ramey, Commander, Eight Air Force. I had the rank of Colonel.

(5) In early July, I received a phone call from Maj. Gen. Clements McMullen, Deputy Commander, Strategic Air Command. He asked what we knew about the object which had been recovered outside Roswell, New Mexico, as reported in the press. I called Col. William Blanchard, Commander of the Roswell Army Air Field and directed him to send the material in a sealed container to me at Fort Worth. I so informed Maj. Gen. McMullen.

(6) After the plane from Roswell arrived with the material, I asked the Base Commander, Col. Al Clark, to take possession of the material and to personally transport it in a B-26 to Maj. Gen. McMullen in Washington, D.C. I notified Maj. Gen. McMullen, and he told me he would send the material by personal courier on his plane to Benjamin Chidlaw, Commanding General of the Air Material Command at Wright Field [later Wright Patterson AFB]. The entire operation was conducted under the strictest secrecy.

(7) The material shown in the photographs taken in Maj. Gen. Ramey's office was a weather balloon. The weather balloon explanation for the material was a cover story to divert the attention of the press.

(8) I have not been paid or given anything of value to make this statement, which is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: T. J. Dubose

Date: 9/16/91

Signature witnessed by:

Linda R. Split

Notary Public, State of Florida

Once again, Wright-Patterson AFB is mentioned. Let's take a look here at what has been coming down the pipeline and understand that the properties of these materials are what the Roswell witnesses described in 1947.

"Rubber Metal"

Popular Science, August 2004

"Smart skin" holds promise for morphing wings and wearable computers.

Terrible, horrible things can be done to this millimeters-thick patch of shimmering material crafted by chemists at NanoSonic in Blacksburg, Virginia. Twist it, stretch it double, fry it to 200°C, douse it with jet fuel the stuff survives. After the torment, it snaps like rubber back to its original shape, all the while conducting electricity like solid metal. "Any other material would lose its conductivity," says Jennifer Hoyt Lalli, NanoSonic's director of nanocomposites.

The abused substance is called Metal Rubber... The company's small office has been flooded with calls from Fortune 500 companies and government agencies eager to test Metal Rubber's use in everything from artificial muscles to smart clothes to shape-shifting airplane wings.

... its 12-inch-by-12-inch samples... take custom-built robots up to three days to create. ...Metal Rubber, a product of nanotechnology, must be fabricated molecule by molecule.

The manufacturing process, called electrostatic self-assembly, starts with two buckets of water-based solutions, one filled with positively charged metallic ions, the other with oppositely charged elastic polymers. The robot dips a charged substrate (glass, for example) alternately from one bucket to the next. The dipping slowly builds up tight, organized layers of molecules, bonded firmly by opposing charges. Afterward the substrate is removed, leaving a freestanding sheet of Metal Rubber....

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/debris9_nanotech.html#anchor_3733

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCOVER Magazine, Vol. 25 No. 04, April 2004

Glassy Metals

Harder, stronger, and better--the material of the future

The wispy metal strip in my hands is 8 inches long, 1 inch wide, and as thin as aluminum foil. "Try to tear it," says William Johnson, a materials science professor at Caltech in Pasadena. I pull first gently, but soon with all my might. No go.

"See if you can cut this," suggests Johnson's postgraduate assistant Jason Kang, handing me a mirror-bright piece of the same metal. It's an inch long, a quarter inch wide, and thinner than a dime. I bear down with a heavy-duty pair of wire cutters. The metal will not cut. I try again, squeezing with both hands until my fingers ache. Nothing.

A steel sphere dropped on a rigid plate of amorphous metal bounces like a rubber Super Ball. Conventional metals would dent as the crystals that compose them dislocate. But the plate--an alloy of zirconium, titanium, nickel, copper, and beryllium--has no crystals. Any atoms in the alloy that are displaced under impact quickly snap all the way back, enabling the sphere to continue bouncing with very little loss of energy.

It's all astounding, yet oddly familiar. In the typical science fiction film circa 1950, there's that scene in which scientists return from the just-landed flying saucer and tell the Army brass that no tool known to humankind can cut, burn, bend, or otherwise scar the hull. But the metal in front of me is decidedly terrestrial in origin

It is called metallic glass, or amorphous metal, and it appears to be nothing less than an entirely new class of material that can be used to build lighter, stronger versions of anything. ... it is two to three times the strength of conventional alloys...

... If upon solidifying the resulting metallic "button" is reflective like a mirror, he knows instantly that he has made a glass. The surface reflects for the same reason the surface of a liquid reflectsthe amorphous atoms form a smooth skin that bounces light uniformly.

.... Analysis of the thin ribbons hinted that a heavy hunk of material, thick enough to be formed into structural shapes, would be like nothing seen on Earth before. Conventional metals dent, tear, and rust because of defects known as grain boundaries and dislocations, in which the crystals are pushed out of alignment and provide entry points for oxidation. Amorphous metals have no crystals that could be affected by such imperfections and hence are springy, extremely strong, and corrosion-proof.

..."Amorphous metal is really more like a plastic than anything else," says... Johnson.... "What we really have here is a metal polymer."

...Strength is not its only virtue. It can also be formed like a plastic... Better yet, it can be readily made into a foam. The fact that amorphous metal is thick and like plastic when molten permits the formation of a foam panel that is 99 percent air but roughly 100 times stronger than polystyrene. A sandwich made of two thin sheets of amorphous metal flanking amorphous foam would be strong, light, insulating, fireproof... Such panels could form buildings, ship hulls, airplanes, and car bodies.

...On the military front, the Army is testing an armor-piercing bullet called a kinetic energy penetrator for use by ground-attack jets and armored vehicles, while the Navy evaluates lightweight amorphous-alloy fragmentation bombs.

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/debris9_nanotech.html#anchor_3779

• Like 1

If the UFO reappeared and merges with that object is a significant problem ... Even if the balloon is shaped ass. :P

I want to add these photos to show what a downed Mogul balloon train looks like. It is inconceivable to think that anyone could have confused these balloon trains as flying saucers.

Trenton_Evening_Times_7-14-47.jpg

princetn.jpg

Princeton_July_12_1947_NY_Times.jpg

Speaking of Mogul balloon experiments, look where the idea to use a weather balloon rawin device to cover-up the saucers came from.

wkzo.gif

Debris_marcel2.jpg

Roswell-debris-1947_sm.jpg

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Aren't you tired of repeating yourself? :)

navy-skyhook.jpgThese polyethylene balloons were something new and unknown by the public at large. Limp when launched, at altitude they expand to an oblate spheroid shape about thirty meters across. Introduced at about the same time the flying saucer craze took off, sightings of these balloons no doubt fed the public hysteria concerning U.F.O.s. Edited by Hammerclaw

navy-skyhook.jpgThese polyethylene balloons were something new and unknown by the public at large. Limp when launched, at altitude they expand to an oblate spheroid shape about thirty meters across. Introduced at about the same time the flying saucer craze took off, sightings of these balloons no doubt fed the public hysteria concerning U.F.O.s.

Balloons cannot fly at over 9000 mph within the atmosphere.