Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama hits back

OverSword

President Obama has hit back at Michael Jordan's claims he's a 's***ty golfer' - and suggested he pays more attention to his struggling basketball team.

The NBA legend made the quip about the president in an interview with former NFL star Ahmad Rashad last month, adding that he wouldn't play a round of golf with Obama because he's a 'hack'.

But the commander-in-chief appeared to laugh off the criticisms as he spoke to Wisconsin radio station WJMR, saying he once played on a team with Rashad and won.

'Michael wasn't very well informed about this,' he said. 'I think he just might have been trying to give Ahmad an extra ratings boost on his show.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3IErfqKcN

Edited by OverSword

Ahhhh the pit falls of basking in glories long past ~

I thought I read that President Obama golfs more then any other president in recent history? Shouldn't he be pretty good by now? Or manybe everyone he plays with just lets him win so he thinks he is pretty good?

I hear he is up to over 200 rounds of golf in 6 years.

Edited by DieChecker

He's too busy with vacations to play more than 200 rounds.

Edited by Sweetpumper

He doesn't get upset that he cost his party the senate but does if someone calls him a ****ty golfer. That should tell people something about where this nutjob's head is at.

• Like 5

LoL...

You can neuter me and make the Dem party paralyzed...but you better not crack on my golf game!

• Like 1

I think its more of a case to do with Michael than Golf ~ :lol: ~

I thought I read that President Obama golfs more then any other president in recent history? Shouldn't he be pretty good by now? Or manybe everyone he plays with just lets him win so he thinks he is pretty good?

I hear he is up to over 200 rounds of golf in 6 years.

According to Damien Lewis on "Have I got News For You" he spends more time on the Golf Course then Tiger Woods.

• Like 3

and he stinks....that is what I have heard...a hack....a barely less than 100 player.

I AM a hack...I generally shoot somewhere around 108 on a par 72 course....that's basically straight up bogey golf....but I don't play to be a pro, I just love the game and love the courses...when you hit that perfect drive...it is sweet!....then of course you follow it up with a jacked approach shot and then three putt.... :td:

I don't play often enough to improve...it's just too expensive...but there was a time I took lessons, had a swing coach and played a couple times a week...I still sucked....so....Pres don't have a chance to get better...no wonder the "good players" don't want to play with him....my wife's cousin could have gone pro....he tolerates play with me, but he doesn't hide his irritation...'damn dude, why don't you just pick it up and throw it"...has came out of his mouth a couple of times

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

He doesn't get upset that he cost his party the senate but does if someone calls him a ****ty golfer. That should tell people something about where this nutjob's head is at.

Obama cares about one thing: Obama.

I heard Obama could not hit a brick with a wrecking ball...( no cyrus jokes please)

What is it with American presidents and golf?

• Like 1

I heard Obama could not hit a brick with a wrecking ball...( no cyrus jokes please)

What is it with American presidents and golf?

Golf is fun....I love it but I suck at it...and it is expensive to play....

It is an elitist game....seriously...if you want to be good at golf, you need to play a tleast 3 times a week....considering that my average round of golf costs about 100 bucks....(factor in green fees, food, lost balls, tees, beer...etc)...then you can quickly see it is an elitist sport.

If I could afford that, I wouldn't have to work...if I didn't have to work...I could spend tons of my time improving my game.....I could then becme a pro and make mad cash even if I didn't win....

If you are winning on the PGA tour...you are getting a sh!tload more than your winnings...you are getting endorsements....which I am totally against....

I don't need Tiger Woods teling me which driver to use and I don't need Michael Jordan telling me which underwear to use....but we seem totally cool with them getting freaking millions to sell us sh!t....I am not ok with that....take out the "super spokespeople"...and the price drops.....I am tired of paying these guys to tell me what to buy...I will buy whatever I want for whatever reason I want....instead of titleist golf balls....maybe I'll switch to slazenger cause I like the logo....my choice and damn you for jacking up prices to get this guy to tell me to buy something else

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

Golf is fun....I love it but I suck at it...and it is expensive to play....

It is an elitist game....seriously...if you want to be good at golf, you need to play a tleast 3 times a week....considering that my average round of golf costs about 100 bucks....(factor in green fees, food, lost balls, tees, beer...etc)...then you can quickly see it is an elitist sport.

If I could afford that, I wouldn't have to work...if I didn't have to work...I could spend tons of my time improving my game.....I could then becme a pro and make mad cash even if I didn't win....

If you are winning on the PGA tour...you are getting a sh!tload more than your winnings...you are getting endorsements....which I am totally against....

I don't need Tiger Woods teling me which driver to use and I don't need Michael Jordan telling me which underwear to use....but we seem totally cool with them getting freaking millions to sell us sh!t....I am not ok with that....take out the "super spokespeople"...and the price drops.....I am tired of paying these guys to tell me what to buy...I will buy whatever I want for whatever reason I want....instead of titleist golf balls....maybe I'll switch to slazenger cause I like the logo....my choice and damn you for jacking up prices to get this guy to tell me to buy something else

Wow, am I posting to the next president of the US of A?

That was awesome.

lea.gif

• Like 1

Wow, am I posting to the next president of the US of A?

That was awesome.

lea.gif

yes...yes...I will be the next POTUS....my platform is purely freedom based...

Mary Jane...legal...

Lower taxes on businesses...check

Lower income taxes....check

No social security....fund your own retirement....

Gay marriage...legal

Marriage to inanimate objects...legal

Increased sales tax on items $30,000.00 or more...yep

Increased sales tax on non essential items...yep

Increased "sin"tax (taxes on tobacco, alcohol and now weed) ...yep

Stop invasive moitoring of cell phone calls and text messages....yep

Border lockdown...yep...no one in or out without proper identification...

Tariffs...yep....15% across the board...I do not care who you are or what it is....

Now look at that list and tell me what is wrong with that picture....sounds good...but...there is a problem...I know what it is...do you?

eta....

It's nefariously well hidden....it will burn you and most everyone else...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

Mary Jane...legal...

Gay marriage...legal

Tariffs...yep....15% across the board...I do not care who you are or what it is....

Now look at that list and tell me what is wrong with that picture....sounds good...but...there is a problem...I know what it is...do you?

eta....

Erm .... is she not an inanimate gay object, so may not vote for you? thats just a wild guess.

• Like 1

Erm .... is she not an inanimate gay object, so may not vote for you? thats just a wild guess.

Nope...that is not it....

I am happy for the gay folks that get married...they seem so tickeled and happy....that does not bother me....look deeper and far more simple.....

Nope...that is not it....

I am happy for the gay folks that get married...they seem so tickeled and happy....that does not bother me....look deeper and far more simple.....

Is it the red dress?

Maybe she is on weed and has not paid taxes.

Please give me a clue, I got to take the dogs out soon.

Edited by freetoroam

Social security...the hope for millions....is dead....broken...violated and mutilated....your retirement we promised is laced with lies and humiliation....how does that make you feel....and that is just the beginning of making you a slave.......

How ya like me now?

Ugly isn't it?....this is what we have to look at.....

They took a promise...an agreement...and pervertedd it....they ****ed all of us and no one is crying....are you so dumbed down....drugged up and distracted that you do not get it?....

if so...**** you...hope you die in the first wave of soylent green kill offs....idiots.....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

Soylent Green kill offs, I love it.

Ya we got burned alright. I remember Bush 43 warning us that there was not enough people paying in to it for their own future never mind enough to pay for the people already receiving it. On top of that the feds divert funds allocated for SS for other "projects". I wish someone in the gov would give me a kiss because I know I got ****ed. One question: Can I become Soylent Blue? (only served on fridays)

Mary Jane...legal...

Gay marriage...legal

eta....

I find all these additional taxes fairly repugnant. Simply punishing the achievers and gutting the luxury market that employs millions. Democrats did this to the luxury yacht industry and you know what happened, the rich bough their yachts overseas putting thousands out of work. The Fair Tax works much better and doesn't punish people for gaining wealth and buying nice things. It also gets rid of the rapacious and evil IRS.

Social Security is NOT an entitlement but it has been changed into one. I have been paying into that since I was 16 and might have a say about you taking stealing MY money. It needs to be changed, certainly but people approaching retirement should get some kind of pennies on teh dollars they have invested.

I find all these additional taxes fairly repugnant. Simply punishing the achievers and gutting the luxury market that employs millions. Democrats did this to the luxury yacht industry and you know what happened, the rich bough their yachts overseas putting thousands out of work. The Fair Tax works much better and doesn't punish people for gaining wealth and buying nice things. It also gets rid of the rapacious and evil IRS.

Social Security is NOT an entitlement but it has been changed into one. I have been paying into that since I was 16 and might have a say about you taking stealing MY money. It needs to be changed, certainly but people approaching retirement should get some kind of pennies on teh dollars they have invested.

Social security benefits are inflation-adjusted. It was an entitlement the minute it passed into law. It's not an investment, you didn't invest your money, it's a tax that comes out in services like any other tax.

Social security benefits are inflation-adjusted. It was an entitlement the minute it passed into law. It's not an investment, you didn't invest your money, it's a tax that comes out in services like any other tax.

Ah, but they blow you a kiss when they promise to someday, maybe, pay you back.

They send me this nifty paper with promises on it every couple years. But, then they promised the Native Americans a bunch of stuff too.

Edited by DieChecker

Ah, but they blow you a kiss when they promise to someday, maybe, pay you back.

They send me this nifty paper with promises on it every couple years. But, then they promised the Native Americans a bunch of stuff too.

People are cashing their checks every month. It is working, the projections aren't a nightmare like Medicare/Medicaid and ballooning health care costs are.

The Social Security curve is healthy enough. Don't buy the doomsayers' soap just because you think it smells nice to your political sensibilities.

Can Social Security be improved? Of course. All government programs can be improved, many of them substantially. Handing Social Security off to the stock market? If I'm giving the government money on the promise they'll give it back, I want it back.

I'm not going to throw my hands up in the rhetorical air like a surrender monkey and vote Republican. I might as well pray and do a rain dance instead.

People are cashing their checks every month. It is working, the projections aren't a nightmare like Medicare/Medicaid and ballooning health care costs are.

The Social Security curve is healthy enough. Don't buy the doomsayers' soap just because you think it smells nice to your political sensibilities.

Can Social Security be improved? Of course. All government programs can be improved, many of them substantially. Handing Social Security off to the stock market? If I'm giving the government money on the promise they'll give it back, I want it back.

I'm not going to throw my hands up in the rhetorical air like a surrender monkey and vote Republican. I might as well pray and do a rain dance instead.

I didn't say it was a failure, just not to buy that they're saving away your money somewhere. It is gone as soon as they collect it.

I'd agree that it could be improved. And I agree it is not doomed. At worst projections are that eventually it will go to 75% of the promised amount.

Since I plan on paying for my lifestyle with my 401k, and other retirement stuff, I'll not sweat that 25% lost that I was not counting on anyway.

And like has been said, a simple increase in the tax would do a lot to fix that problem.

Edited by DieChecker