Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why?

dreckeo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Jesus_Freak

• blazer2004

• __Kratos__

Wow... i didn't mean that christians were actual nazis, my meaning of christians - nazis is the way they try and force others to their religion. wacko.gif Where I am (America) we have freedom of religion. But these christian idiots think that means they can poster board a whole city with their religion. Then once someone takes them up and asks them to take it down they go nuts! I mean wtf? What would they say if i was a satanist devil.gif and i wanted to hang up my posters around town? Yep, they would go nuts and try to force me to take it down. disgust.gif To the person that rejected my claim that i said god was made up for ease of mind, i wasn't refering to you the person, i was refering to the ancients 2,000 years ago. You however are a slave to some crazy idea. grin2.gif

i know he is

365531[/snapback]

I know he's not

jeeze kratos... we freak out if someone tells us to take our sign down cuz we have the right to put our signs there... and I for one wouldn't freak out if there were satanist signs all over town... i accept that other people dont believe what i believe... i just think they believe in the wrong thing...

i call myself a christian because i try to be like Christ as much as i can..... now don't you think Christ would allow other people to have beliefs too? that's why i think everyone has their rights

I would like to ask a question regarding something said earlier, to sort of expand on it, sorry for the backtracking.

"Who says there was ever nothing?" -Stellar

If their was ever nothing, and something can not be created from nothing, then where did the something that created everything come from?

Just wondering

The simple answer... It is just so much more easy to people to explain everything with the acts of God. God is a lazy man's explanation to anything he doesn't understand. If something's too big to comprehend... it's got to be the makings of GOD. I'm personally sick of it.

I've had numerous conversations with my mother on the subject who by the way works in a local church and she just does not want think for herself, she absorbs what others tell her as long as it supports her own beliefs. I'm sad for her for not being able to see the world at least for a moment from a different enlightening view. sad.gif

BTW Jesus Freak, in hopes that I understood you correctly in my books you really can call yourself one of the few true christian who does not pass judgement on others.

The simple answer... It is just so much more easy to people to explain everything with the acts of God. God is a lazy man's explanation to anything he doesn't understand. If something's too big to comprehend... it's got to be the makings of GOD. I'm personally sick of it.

366768[/snapback]

Ancient Greeks were saying "Pan metron ariston", which roughly means that there should be a balance on everything. To explain everything we don't undrstand with the dogmatic approach of God or Divine Intervention of course is a false way towards understanding and comprehension. E.g. in ancient times people would think that solar eclipses were God's signs. If nobody would believe that there might be something more there, we would still live in the bonds of superstition.

BUT:

We also have to aknowledge that there are some things for which there is just no explanation, pure and simple. If you try to think for a moment what was before everything was created, your head will begin to spin. Or, my favorite one, who created God? When did all begin? All these are questions that are just not meant for our small mind. We don't have to explain the miracle of life; we just have to live the life, and find the wonders and the miracles in it..

God is the creator of all things, however God does not have his hand in acts of evil, most of those things are perpetrated by man.

I guess that sending a she-bear to kill and eat 40 young boys, who in their innocence laughed at a bald-headed man (so what if he was supposedly the prophet of God) is justified? If that isn't over-reaction and just plain evil, then nothing is!

Religion is the excuse not the cause for people to make war against each other.

You got that right in one try.....There should be a qualification to that - Revealed organized religion is the excuse not the cause for people to make war....

I for one wouldn't freak out if there were satanist signs all over town... i accept that other people dont believe what i believe... i just think they believe in the wrong thing...

I agree with Krator, you are one of the few that wouldn't. I live in the smack-dab middle of the "Bible Belt" and see "good God-fearing Church going Christians" denying other religions their rights all the time. I have seen Synagogues and Mosques fire bombed, the homes and lives of non-Christians put in danger, so you are one of the very few that are that liberal! wink2.gif

God is the creator of all things, however God does not have his hand in acts of evil, most of those things are perpetrated by man.

I guess that sending a she-bear to kill and eat 40 young boys, who in their innocence laughed at a bald-headed man (so what if he was supposedly the prophet of God) is justified? If that isn't over-reaction and just plain evil, then nothing is!

Interestingly, I've finished yesterday reading (for the, I dunno, 10th time) Paulo Coelho's book "The fifth mountain". Quite thought-provoking book and quite thought provoking line:

God is all-powerful. If He limited Himself to do only that which we call good, we would not call Him the Almighty; he would command only one part of the Universe, and there would exist  someone more powerful than He, watching and judging His acts."
Edited by Asterix

If their was ever nothing, and something can not be created from nothing, then where did the something that created everything come from?

Thats exactly what I'm saying. No where does anything in science state that something came out of nothing.

I know what you mean. A few months ago in an EvsC thread on this forum (Hell, doesnt matter what the thread was in this section, it always became EvsC)... When I told the guy theres no proof of god, he came back to show me something that hasnt been explained yet... and said its proof of god. No... something unexplained isnt proof of god... Lighting was unexplained for a long time... it wasnt proof of god...

BTW Jesus Freak, in hopes that I understood you correctly in my books you really can call yourself one of the few true christian who does not pass judgement on others.

I agree... I dont find Jesus Freak to be like the many (many many many many many many many many many many many many many many * 10) christians that come here and preach to us as if their belief has been proven true to the world, but the people who dont accept are just stupid and wont accept it.

We also have to aknowledge that there are some things for which there is just no explanation, pure and simple. If you try to think for a moment what was before everything was created, your head will begin to spin. Or, my favorite one, who created God? When did all begin? All these are questions that are just not meant for our small mind.

Ahh, but you see... there is an explenation for everything... we just dont have it yet.

I agree with you Drekeo.

The only explanation I can come up with on this subject is that maybe xtians need to reassure themselves for they always seem to be shouting it from the rooftops.

With Love and Light

Blessed Be

Nightshade

xxx.

Christians = REMOVED OFFENSIVE CONTENT original.gifph34r.gif

That is particularly offensive Kratos.

Why?, why does everything have to do with God?

simple question, simple answer

If you believe in god, (regardless of which faith) you believe that god is the creator of all. Therefore he is a part of everything.

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

before you guys say that i'm a "true christian" because i dont preach... think again... i do preach... i do try to get people to see things the right way, just like how you guys say that christians are wrong, and insinuating that they are too afraid or lazy to find out the "truth"... i dont go house to house preaching, but if i feel it is necessary to bring up christianity, then i will... and i could go for hours...

Ok here is the deal...first of all I am new...so hi! Second...my time is way too valuable to spend it reading your conversations that have been going on for really long LOL...just joking, but seriously, the truth is that science will never come up with a theory that might agnolege GOD. Truly I see the science of deciphering the origins of the universe a bunch of crap that does nothing but try and appose what most of this earth can see...that is that someone put us here. Something that science has not looked at is that maybe (for instance) aliens...we as humans can only imagine an alien as something we can touch and see but that leaves a lot of possibilities that maybe there is another civilization living alongside us that we can't see because we (humans) can only imagine something that our senses can tell us about. Now...how this relates to the topic! There is an infinite amount of possibilities that GOD is around us all the time and as the Bible so adequately tries to tell us GOD is almighty and therefor if a human (one of his creations) tries to fit Him into their heads they are therefor saying they are an equivalent to GOD. Now for all those "believers". I truly try and understand what theses reform churches are trying to tell you Jesus meant when He said "it is finished"...he didn't say "lets tag team" or "I'm beat...you take it from here"...NO! He said it is finished! that means he did it all for you. GOD does not say "your saved if you believe you are" he tells us that we are saved...believe us. GOD tells us in his word that all our good deeds are like dirty rags in His sight and that "no one is holy, not even one" Yet GOD asks us to be perfect...So the only way anyone will get to heaven is by going to GOD when you die and He will see whether you say "look at your son Jesus who died for me" or "look at all the great stuff I have done in my life"...in the later case GOD would say "well if you want to bring all those good things before me then also bring you sins before me " and if He sees one sin He will condemn you. Martin Luther said "I am glad that God did not say 'for God so loved martin luther...' because then I wouldn't know I was the martin luther he was talking about"... GOD says he saved everyone. Believe it! notworthy.gif

Kratos,

Christians = Modern Nazis

This comment was inappropriate and offensive. The statement is deliberately hateful and mean-spirited. You'd best employ a bit more tact when arguing your point of view in the future.

Everyone else is reminded to maintain a level of civility in their arguements, the religious threads are controversial enough without all the unnecessary bickering and insults.

MM

Thats exactly what I'm saying. No where does anything in science state that something came out of nothing.

What's this? A common ground between me and Stellar? I think I found something me and Stellar agree with...

I know what you mean. A few months ago in an EvsC thread on this forum (Hell, doesnt matter what the thread was in this section, it always became EvsC)... When I told the guy theres no proof of god, he came back to show me something that hasnt been explained yet... and said its proof of god. No... something unexplained isnt proof of god... Lighting was unexplained for a long time... it wasnt proof of god...

Wow, another one of Stellars posts I agree with. If something goes unexplained it would be fitting to call it an act of God... in the dark ages... ZING!

I agree... I dont find Jesus Freak to be like the many (many many many many many many many many many many many many many many * 10) christians that come here and preach to us as if their belief has been proven true to the world, but the people who dont accept are just stupid and wont accept it.

I hope I am not on this list of bad christians... but I bet I am. sad.gif

i do try to get people to see things the right way

Uh oh... You're on the list now, bud.

Jeez... sometimes I do wish atheism was a religion... then I could tell him "Well, we're forced to show you the light!" just like lots of religious people do when they preach to us...

I am not forced to "show you the light". I am not forced to do anything. I am simply told to go out and spread the Gosple. I can do it or I cannot. I am not forced to anything. But I would like to do it.

ever 1 can say what they wana say i know jesus is waiting for us

Counter-productive.... Saying things like that here is nothing but cannon fodder.

We have officially entered the "sandbox stage" of the thread. At this point any use of logic is to be abandoned; and is to be replaced by throwing mud and calling everyone various names that they picked up in preschool.

Agreed... sad.gif

Wow... i didn't mean that christians were actual nazis, my meaning of christians - nazis is the way they try and force others to their religion.

We are not supposed to force you into anything... I believe the religion you are looking for is Islam...

But these christian idiots think that means they can poster board a whole city with their religion

I KNOW!!! Can you believe this freedom of speach bull?!?!?!

What would they say if i was a satanist devil.gif and i wanted to hang up my posters around town? Yep, they would go nuts and try to force me to take it down.

Kinda like people take down their posters? LOL. Posters are put up and posters are taken down... it's gonna happen. But for the record if I were to put up a poster of christianity (which I wouldn't) and if someone took it down... I guess I would just put up another one... But I think christian bilboards and poster are not productive at all. I think ads for christian book stores and what not are ok though.

You however are a slave to some crazy idea. grin2.gif

Teehehe, everyone is a sheep. The only difference between you and I is our sheperd.

What's this? A common ground between me and Stellar? I think I found something me and Stellar agree with...

Well.. it is a forum of unexplained misteries...

I'm not religous myself. I do believe some form of 'higher-power' exists so I guess I'm Agnostic. I have Christian friends and non-christian friends and some of them do tend shove their POV's further than they ought to. But I deal with it since it's harmless for the most part.

The religous zealots that I can't understand for the life of me are the ones that worship Allah and will kill anybody (and themselves) just so they can get 67 virgins in the 'afterlife' and whatever other made up s**t they are told... blink.gif

*edit* (I myself wouldn't mind the 67 virgins but come ON!!! laugh.gif It's not real)

Edited by Art Vandelay

The religous zealots that I can't understand for the life of me are the ones that worship Allah and will kill anybody (and themselves) just so they can get 67 virgins in the 'afterlife' and whatever other made up s**t they are told... blink.gif

*edit*  (I myself wouldn't mind the 67 virgins but come ON!!!  laugh.gif  It's not real)

368274[/snapback]

I'd like to believe it's 67 Virginians. devil.gif

"Whaddaya ya doing here BOY? Get down on your knees BOY!"