Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel attacks American assets: the proof

Guest Br Cornelius

Fresh evidence presented in an exclusive Al Jazeera investigation into the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty that killed 34 Americans proves the incident was not a mistake. Since 1967 the ‘official story‘ has been that Israel simply misidentified the American ship as Egyptian for several hours. Israel apologized to the United States and for several decades we’ve been led to believe that this could be the only explanation for why Israeli jets and torpedo boats would launch rockets, missiles and torpedoes at an American target for more than two hours. theday.jpgA new documentary called ‘The Day Israel Attacked America” airing on Al Jazeera was produced and directed by award winning British film maker Richard Belfield. Thanks to the audio evidence obtained by Belfield, it is finally possible to prove the survivors of the attack on the USS Liberty were right all along. The survivors have always been extremely confident that Israel’s intentions were to sink that ship and kill everyone on board so Egypt could be blamed for the tragedy. Why? To convince President Lyndon Johnson (and the American public) that we needed to declare war on Egypt. This is the definition of a ‘false flag‘.

http://theantimedia.org/new-evidence-proves-israel-attacked-uss-liberty-orders-sink-ship-kill-294-americans/

How much longer can the Zionist apologists continue to delude themselves that Israel is their friend. What excuses will they drum up to excuse the Israelis for performing an act of war against their nation ????

Br Cornelius

I've always wondered how the loyal, some might say fervent, supporters of Israel explain this little incident. It was just a mistake, by the most hardened and experienced military force in the Middle east, i expect.

:innocent:

This evidence clearly shows that they identified the ship as an American asset within 5mins and then proceeded to bomb and strafe it for another hour and a half, targeting men attempting to leave in life boats. What is even more disturbing is that the US government called off a rescue mission when the situation was discovered. Those who would say that the American government is not infiltrated with Zionists who call the shots will find it difficult to justify this position in the face of this fact.

Br Cornelius

On top of all that we give 3 billion in foreign aid every year to Israel. That needs to end.

I don't fully trust your sources BUT even if this is true it doesn't change my support of Israel. As to being "battle hardened"...this was '67. They were in the beginning of the multiple attacks they had to survive - or is that a fiction as well? In June of 67 Johnson had basically cut them loose and then sent the Liberty to watch the Egyptian use of Soviet weapons. Not much of an ally actually.

edit to add - GG 75% of that 3 billion MUST, by law, be spent on US goods. It's a military boon for Israel but it's probably even more important to our defense contractors. That's why it probably will be the last leg we kick from under the US/Israel partnership. But I suspect it will come in time. Articles like this piece by AJ would be devoured by the youth of this country and that demographic doesn't have any historical perspective. The US will distance itself from Israel - in fact is already doing so. That isn't going to be the positive outcome everyone here expects.

Edited by and then
  • Like 2

I don't fully trust your sources BUT even if this is true it doesn't change my support of Israel. As to being "battle hardened"...this was '67. They were in the beginning of the multiple attacks they had to survive - or is that a fiction as well? In June of 67 Johnson had basically cut them loose and then sent the Liberty to watch the Egyptian use of Soviet weapons. Not much of an ally actually.

Lets face it AND THEN I don't think if they nuked New York it would shake your support for Israel. I think condoning this act of war counts as treason doesn't it.

I suspect your indulgence would be somewhat different if we changed Israel to Iran in the above story. Bias not.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Mr. Richard has got perfect timing indeed.

Personally, i don't think that Israel could made such mistake. Best part of Israel's army was their tactical part, intelligence ( compared to their enemies ). In that time Israel knew their enemies much better then their enemies did knew themselves so i can't understand how could one American military ship be mistaken for being one of enemies.

conspiracy section material surely. and Br knows it, in quoting the article he conveniently copies and pastes but omits the ending (can you say 9/11?) the Anti Israel slant is clear for all to see. If the yanks had thought it was a targeted attack, you can be sure funding and diplomatic policies would have changed. Its not the first or last time a mistake in identification as resulted in deaths.

look into the back ground of the Author, it will tell you everything.

A new documentary called ‘The Day Israel Attacked America” airing on Al Jazeera was produced and directed by award winning British film maker Richard Belfield. Thanks to the audio evidence obtained by Belfield, it is finally possible to prove the survivors of the attack on the USS Liberty were right all along. The survivors have always been extremely confident that Israel’s intentions were to sink that ship and kill everyone on board so Egypt could be blamed for the tragedy. Why? To convince President Lyndon Johnson (and the American public) that we needed to declare war on Egypt. This is the definition of a ‘false flag‘. (can you say 9/11?)

It appears that once again, a conspiracy theory has turned out to be conspiracy fact. You can finally take off your tinfoil hats!

• Like 2

edit to add - GG 75% of that 3 billion MUST, by law, be spent on US goods. It's a military boon for Israel but it's probably even more important to our defense contractors. That's why it probably will be the last leg we kick from under the US/Israel partnership. But I suspect it will come in time. Articles like this piece by AJ would be devoured by the youth of this country and that demographic doesn't have any historical perspective. The US will distance itself from Israel - in fact is already doing so. That isn't going to be the positive outcome everyone here expects.

Don't fully trust your sources? Surely you know of the USS Liberty affair. That can't be dismissed as either anti-semitic fiction or conspiracy theory. The ultra professional Israel Defense forces not only made such a huge clunking error but continued to make such an enormous error even after they surely must have realised what they were attacking? Oh come now, surely your admiration of Israel has got to face some realities. Edited by Valdemar the Great
  • Like 2

conspiracy section material surely. and Br knows it, in quoting the article he conveniently copies and pastes but omits the ending (can you say 9/11?) the Anti Israel slant is clear for all to see. If the yanks had thought it was a targeted attack, you can be sure funding and diplomatic policies would have changed. Its not the first or last time a mistake in identification as resulted in deaths.

Oh come now.The "mistake" excuse as well? They could hardly use poor visibility or the confusion of battle or whatever as an excuse, there were no naval battles going on out at sea, it was broad daylight, the Liberty communicated by every possible means at their disposal/ And it wasn't as if it was one bomb or missile and then "oops", they attacked again and again with bombs and machine gun fire. They'd surely have got close enough to see exactly what it was they were attacking during the course of that.
  • Like 2

Oh come now.The "mistake" excuse as well? They could hardly use poor visibility or the confusion of battle or whatever as an excuse, there were no naval battles going on out at sea, it was broad daylight, the Liberty communicated by every possible means at their disposal/ And it wasn't as if it was one bomb or missile and then "oops", they attacked again and again with bombs and machine gun fire. They'd surely have got close enough to see exactly what it was they were attacking during the course of that.

Well it firmly remains as a conspiracy to date. What was the official findings by the US Military. forget what Israel says - what did the US investigation find?

Well it firmly remains as a conspiracy to date. What was the official findings by the US Military. forget what Israel says - what did the US investigation find?

What would you expect them to find? Anything that wouldn't harm relations with Israel, obviously.

Sorry, I can't believe that the Israeli AF and Navy were responsible for incompetence on a level with the Dogger Bank incident that the Russkies made in 1904. I'm afraid I find it hard tro credit the Israeli forces with that degree of incompetence.

Edited by Valdemar the Great

Please steve address the actual transcripts of the event and don't attempt to divert attention away from the central facts. Do you think Al-Jazeera has fabricated this story, do you think the Jerusalem Post similarly fabricated the story. Up your game a bit here.

Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Sorry, you're expecting me to believe that the Israeli AF and Navy were responsible for incompetence on a level with the Dogger Bank incident that the Russkies made in 1904. I'm afraid I find it ahrd toc redit the Israeli forces with that degree of incompetence.

Im not expecting you to believe anything. I only asked what the Official findings by the US Government into the USS Liberty incident was.

Just to test that theory, I'd like to know what Egyptian ship it was mistaken for. Just for comparison's sake, it would probably either partly confirm the account, or give more ammo to the side that thinks it was a blatant attack.

Since the Egyptian navy never had anything like any intelligence gathering ships, the only possible excuse for the "mistaken identity" might be if they thought it was a merchant ship that perhaps the Russians were using as a spy ship. They did that with trawlers, after all. But the point is that the Israelis could not possibly have been in any doubt of the Liberty's identity right after the first pass. It wasn't just a missile or one bombing pass, they made pass after pass and even attacked it with machine gun fire. It could not have been a mistake.

Oh geez. I have no doubt that Israel attacked the Liberty. It may have started out as mistaken identity but ended up as a test of resolve. This was ‘67 and Israel had no idea who her friends were. And on the other hand the US is very good at putting a ship or plane into harm’s way to see that resolve. Didn’t the French attack us in morocco in WWII? You want to stir up some issue with them? You have heard of the term “the fog of war”?

For good or bad, Israel is our little brother. They are a reflection of us. Yes, they don’t need the military aid we send them. We should just get out of the way and let them lay waste to their enemies.

• Like 2

Whatever happened in 1967 and whatever the motivations and political machinations of the time were .... it was 47 years ago, I am not sure why we are supposed to be getting all upset about it today, are we expected to bring Israel "to justice" for that event now?

• Like 3

Lets face it AND THEN I don't think if they nuked New York it would shake your support for Israel. I think condoning this act of war counts as treason doesn't it.

I suspect your indulgence would be somewhat different if we changed Israel to Iran in the above story. Bias not.

Br Cornelius

You also seem to conveniently forget what ELSE was going on geo strategically at the time. Johnson probably knew or was very suspicious of Israel having the bomb by then. Had we reacted by crushing them at that point in time it would have worsened an already bad situation. I fully support the right of the descendants of Jacob to live in that land and yes, if they nuked an American city I would still support them because it would only happen AFTER we had attacked them in some way. They - unlike the ilk you support - would not do such a thing without clear reason. When I heard of a group of Jews celebrating as the 9-11 attacks occurred, I understood immediately why they would. It was the same as Churchill after Pearl Harbor. They (the Brits) finally had an ally to help them in a long fight.

And while they were doing this - to an INTEL ship no less - they were trying to convince WHO, exactly, that it was Egypt? Aircraft and boats flying the Magen David and the ship easily able to send messages for most of that time? Whether it was an accident or the IDF was p***ed because the Arabs w]had Russia's backing and they saw themselves fighting alone I don't know. Clearly they did attack, they admitted it and they paid reparations. US servicemen rarely ever get such treatment during a conflict. Did it suck for them? Of course - they were military. They knew the odds and were there to do a job. And be honest none of you give two ****s about them you just want a club to be Israel with - as if you need one.

Just to test that theory, I'd like to know what Egyptian ship it was mistaken for. Just for comparison's sake, it would probably either partly confirm the account, or give more ammo to the side that thinks it was a blatant attack.

They were in a fight and were seeing what they expected to see: An Egyptian navy vessel. But after they came in close to strafe they had to know it was a US vessel. It remains a mystery to me why they would have done it since absolutely NO good could have been expected to flow from it. Maybe they were just p***ed at us. Anyway, it happened LONG ago and they have since been our best ally in the region. Having said that, if I had been aboard that ship I'd probably hate Israel the rest of my life. AND be happy to vent that hatred on AlJazeera to give Israel's leaders a continuing headache.
  • Like 1

With everything that is going on in the middle east and the world for that matter, you feel the necessity to harp on a single event that occurred 47 years ago. Different leaders, different mind sets, different military technologies. And as if the U.S. military has never "been in error". I completely fail to see any point to this topic other than a smoldering anti-semantic view. But hey Br, it's your right to feel anyway you want towards someone or someplace regardless if it's love or hate, and your right to express it anyway you want. The times I've been called a bigot or phobic, I'm like "ya...so what? Whats your point?"

As far as Zionists in our government, I'll take them over the Muslim sympathizer currently our "commander in chief" all day long. Whatever the future brings, personally I'm glad we have a strong, nuclear powered ally in that region.

• Like 2

What would you expect them to find? Anything that wouldn't harm relations with Israel, obviously.

Sorry, I can't believe that the Israeli AF and Navy were responsible for incompetence on a level with the Dogger Bank incident that the Russkies made in 1904. I'm afraid I find it hard tro credit the Israeli forces with that degree of incompetence.

You're right. It's either a conspiracy or gross incompetence. The auto-pilot apologists can't have it both ways. One thing is for certain; it was swept under the rug.

Oh geez. I have no doubt that Israel attacked the Liberty. It may have started out as mistaken identity but ended up as a test of resolve. This was '67 and Israel had no idea who her friends were. And on the other hand the US is very good at putting a ship or plane into harm's way to see that resolve. Didn't the French attack us in morocco in WWII? You want to stir up some issue with them? You have heard of the term "the fog of war"?

For good or bad, Israel is our little brother. They are a reflection of us. Yes, they don't need the military aid we send them. We should just get out of the way and let them lay waste to their enemies.

I disagree. They need to be held accountable for their attacks and mistakes, just like other countries. This is coming from someone who fully supports the Promised Land. You can support someone without having double standards.

anti-semantic

I am "anti-semantic" when folks play with words to deal the "anti-Semitic" card when any individual dares criticize Israelis for anything. They're human beings, who aren't above reproach. You can support a country and still demand that its leaders and military be held accountable for their actions. I don't see why, as a Zionist, I should feel the need to turn a blind eye to immoral/illegal/ungodly acts committed by Israelis. Yes, I think that Israel is the best state in the area by far. They *are* surrounded by enemies and terrorists. I think that we should help them thrive. However, it's wrong to not hold specific Israelis accountable when they do egregious things.

• Like 3