Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If I were Officer Wilson

stevemagegod

I can't believe they picked Brown to riot over. I can think of other times when a young black man was shot they should have took to the streets over. Peacefully of course.

Now the city of Ferguson will have to pay Browns parents millions because their son forced a cop to shoot him. I hope they don't get anything but you know its coming.

• Like 6

Which is why I said here or another thread last night that the race baiters always choose the worst people to become their martyrs.

If I was going to rally for anyone it would be for Eric Garner in New York.

Lisa Fithian has been spotted in the area in the last few weeks, as have other Communist groups.

They should bus the rioters to the communists' neighborhoods. Give them a taste of their own medicine. The anarchists and communists agitate and instigate the acts the we now see. They might not like it when their *own* grocery store is burned to the ground (sarcasm).

• Like 2

I heard on the radio that out of 52 cops in Ferguson (predominately black) that only 3 are black. Do you think that will change in the future?

I heard on the radio that out of 52 cops in Ferguson (predominately black) that only 3 are black. Do you think that will change in the future?

In Obama's speech last night he said that he has instructed AG Holder to work with law enforcement across the country in order to find steps they can take to see that law enforcement agencies reflect the makeup of the community within their ranks.

In other words: Amplified affirmative action.

• Like 1

....Obama needs to go, this country has had enough of his ****.

• Like 4

My city didn't have the required quota of minority cops for several years. There was a hiring freeze because there weren't enough minority applicants with the qualifications even though we were short handed. To solve the problem the standards were lowered. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't feel comfortable with this solution.

• Like 6

I don't know who he is but I trust your opinion.

:blush:

http://www.msnbc.com...led-eric-garner

Granted, that was a very biased source, but I still thing it was uncalled for to say the least.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

My city didn't have the required quota of minority cops for several years. There was a hiring freeze because there weren't enough minority applicants with the qualifications even though we were short handed. To solve the problem the standards were lowered. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't feel comfortable with this solution.

Yeah, but 3 out of 52 in a predominantly black jurisdicition? They're a majority in the minority. There's an inherent problem here somewhere.

I realize that I live far, far away in an unknown land. I only ask these questions to understand what's going on.

In Obama's speech last night he said that he has instructed AG Holder to work with law enforcement across the country in order to find steps they can take to see that law enforcement agencies reflect the makeup of the community within their ranks.

Is that like when they lowered the physical standards so that more women could, rightfuly so, become LEO's?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

....Obama needs to go, this country has had enough of his ****.

Yet the majority voted for him. Which are these types rioting and acting like rabid animals.

No, I'm not racist, I believe in love for individuals who deserve it. These fools don't.

I really wish for a true peace/truce without regard to race or color, but that is just like wishing for my own dragon.

This **** will continue to go on until we're extinct, unless ignorance becomes acceptance. Our blood is all red and our bones deep.

Edited by SpiritWalker7
  • Like 2

Yes, they justify their violence with the racism card like others who play political or religious cards.

I think the hard truth is that there is no justification for violence. Other than for sport, it should be avoided unless there is no other alternative. We seem to be a people who support our country using violence on others even when there is no need for it. That's a moral hazard for things to come, and the chickens are already roosting when here we are openly committing crimes in our streets like we have an entitlement to do so. Since there are so many unhappy people out there in about 75% of our states I think this case needs to be about more than just putting down vandals and protesters. I want it to answer profound questions for our society to live with like what we expect our police officers to do in this scenario? The answer would have ramifications for police training and tactics and the changes could be good ones.

We could save the life of another big dumb kid like Brown who obviously wasn't raised well. Or our dogs, some of whom love to charge at people who come to the door and jump or lick them to death. How things would only be today had Brown lived...

Yeah, but 3 out of 52 in a predominantly black jurisdicition? They're a majority in the minority. There's an inherent problem here somewhere.

I realize that I live far, far away in an unknown land. I only ask these questions to understand what's going on.

You have to take into the account the jurisdiction. If it's predominately a high crime area, where someone aspires to better the community and themselves, they are treated with suspicion. Being in a gang, dropping out of school, going to jail and having gunshot wounds are seen as a badge of honor. Very few would have the desire to be a police officer, much less have a clean record which would allow it.

• Like 3

You have to take into the account the jurisdiction. If it's predominately a high crime area, where someone aspires to better the community and themselves, they are treated with suspicion. Being in a gang, dropping out of school, going to jail and having gunshot wounds are seen as a badge of honor. Very few would have the desire to be a police officer, much less have a clean record which would allow it.

You describe a hapless situation, which I respectfully disbelieve.

What should police do in high crime areas to clean them up?

Pro-active support, community involvement, ride-alongs, fund raising for local initiatives, that sort of thing.

You describe a hapless situation, which I respectfully disbelieve.

That is certainly your prerogative. Having a business in one of these areas, for about 25 years, has brought us in contact with and made many friends in the neighborhood. The people of our generation in their 50's and 60's, who have lived through it, shake their heads at how violent and callous younger people have gotten. Mostly, they have a lot more to lose because it's their grandchildren's lives at stake. There is a lot to be said of peer pressure and it most definitely isn't positive reinforcement in this environment.

So far, none of us have been able to come up with a solution they will listen to.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

So far, none of us have been able to come up with a solution they will listen to.

I respectively suggest that you stop coming up with solutions that 'they' will listen to. Instead, 'you' and 'them' should work together and start having what's usually called a 'Truth and Reconciliation Commission'. It worked in South Africa, it's working in Canada.

• Like 1

I respectively suggest that you stop coming up with solutions that 'they' will listen to. Instead, 'you' and 'them' should work together and start having what's usually called a 'Truth and Reconciliation Commission'. It worked in South Africa, it's working in Canada.

Excuse me? I was talking about our friends, sitting around a bonfire behind our house or theirs, having a couple of beers. I apologize if I didn't make it clear we are so close we are practically family. If I need to spell it out, yup, they are black and we are white.

When I said "we" I was referring to the older generation....not distinguishing color.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5

Excuse me? I was talking about our friends, sitting around a bonfire behind our house or theirs, having a couple of beers. I apologize if I didn't make it clear we are so close we are practically talking family. If I need to spell it out, yup, they are black and we are white.

When I said "we" I was referring to the older generation....not distinguishing color.

Oh, okay. Thanks Michelle. :)

You weren't that clear, but now I am (as all we should be).

• Like 1

This is a prickly forest of discussion.

Ain't it though. :lol: It goes to show how easily the most innocent things can be misunderstood.

• Like 4

I was listening to one fellow(black) and he basically said, "This happens over and over again. We've tried peaceful protesting but nothing changes. Maybe if we start burning cities every time this happens the message will finally get through."

What was the message again? Under no circumstances can a white person, even unto their own death, attempt to injure or kill any person of color.

That is what I am hearing. That cops have to use kid gloves when dealing with blacks, because their feelings might get hurt. Meanwhile several black on black gang killings in the last year go unremarked.

• Like 3

I suspect this is like the one girl who was in my Mechanical Engineering classes in College. She was told she could write her own ticket. That basically regardless of her grades that companies would fight over her because she could fill a "minority" position. Black cops are probably in demand, and so they are not going to be working a hard district like Ferguson. They'll likely take a cushier job in a less dangerous part of town. I bet there are several sub-urban areas of Saint Louis where maybe 20% to 25% of the officers are black, though the population is 95% white.

• Like 2