Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why a Young Boy is Claimed To Be Reincarnated

Still Waters

A four-year-old Virginia boy is claimed to have had a past life as a Marine killed in 1983, prompted by his parents and a new reality TV show called "Ghost Inside My Child." The boy, Andrew Lucas, made comments to his mother suggesting to her that he's lived in a past life and died in a fire many years earlier.

http://news.discover...rine-141118.htm

• Like 1

Wow, are you sure the parents didn't drill that into the kids head or something?

Or he's just quoting something he saw in a movie?

• Like 3

There should be some firm investigation into claims like these..Maybe pertaining to parents or others putting these things into their head?

If these parents had nothing to do with it and this child has always been this way, I really hope that the parents will find him help.

Edited to add: I hope the parents will find him discover himself in those past lives..

Edited by SpiritWalker7
  • Like 1

Sounds like an episode from BBCA's "Invaders". The kid got "activated" too soon.

So if it really is reincarnation, is this heaven or hell or purgatory?

4 Year olds; believe everything that they say.

My 4 y-o nephews built traps to ensure dinosaur ninjas from France. Granted my home was dinosaur ninjas from France for the entire duration of their stay.....but.......

I'm reminded of an interesting story I saw a few years ago where a child of about 5 or thereabouts was able to accurately draw the interior of the cockpit of a Junkers 88 entirely without prompting (and never possibly having had the opportunity to ever see one, or a photograph or drawing of one), leading some to wonder whether he might have remembered it from a previous life.

• Like 2

Heaven hell or purgatory? You act like those are the only options.... See what prganized religion does? Limits the possibilities. Sad and outdated rubbish

I had similar stories like this when i was little, and it wasn't from what i saw on TV or anything instilled in my head from anyone. News flash. We don't have all the answers, so how dare you easily dismiss

• Like 1

I don't really believe in reincarnation. What if you are reincarnated and keep making the same mistakes you made before. There was a case mentioned in Ripley's Believe it or Not about a case in India.It invovled a young boy .In this case his family took him to meet the family of the dead man. Details the boy told the family they were able to verify. Could there be something to it yes in certain cases. BUT these would be cases where the child in question actually met the family and told them things which only the dead man or woman's family would know. And it could be backed up by records.

I like to draw and paint .Some of my father's ancestors in Germany were artisans.Does that mean I am reincarnated no. It's just a talent that runs in the family just as some of my relatives on both sides could play musical instruments.

Sounds to me like the boy doesn't have enough to do during the day so he wastes it on making up stories (he probably doesn't know he is making them up by mis-recalling stuff he has seen and heard.)

Give him some extra chores to do and that will all fall by the wayside.

The article doesn't mention if the family had some sort of tie to the soldier which could have caused his parents to talk about him and maybe give the boy the idea for his story. If he just out of the blue says I was this guy and the parents looked him up and there he was, well, this is quite an interesting and pretty good evidence of reincarnation or at least something we don't yet understand anyway. .. this is all assuming his parents didnt make up the story to begin with just to get on tv which I think is a very real possibility. I'd love to find out the truth although we probably won't.

There should be some sort of objective tests that could be given. There are probably psychologists or other professionals that have experience and training in this area. I'd start by asking the boy his SS number. I remember reading about a case years ago where a young girl, about the same age as this boy, began talking about a former life. She was able to direct people to the town she claimed to live in and knew her way around in a place where the girl had never been. She knew names of townspeople and other details. We should always allow for the possibility that there's more to life than we know. After all, we're all on a site called Unexplained Mysteries for a reason.

I believe this to be a demon that is inhabiting the boy, and the boy's memories are really the demons memories of the marine.

Woah there cowboy - we have no idea if this real or imagined just for starters.

Secondly, you have not physically been in the company of the boy or his parents.

Ergo thirdly, you have jumped t a conclusion born of your personal beliefs and judged someone else with those beliefs without botherting to take the step of having actual evidence.

This is how mob lynchings during witch trials and inquisitions get started which then lead to a heap of innocents to suffer and die - so maybe you should be looking for "negative" influences closer to home, cos the "demon" likely to do the real damage is not in the kid. (proviso: I don't believe in demons as much as I just made out, just using the mindset of believers to illustrate a point).

Edited by libstaK

im going with a demon/spirit inhabiting the boy...if it was reincarnation he would of been reborn 1 min-24 hours after his death October 23 1983

really? You have that detailed information on how reincarnation works? I think those faiths that include it as a principle of their beliefs say that it could be immediate or it could be several years.

• Like 1

I believe this to be a demon that is inhabiting the boy, and the boy's memories are really the demons memories of the marine.

Hoo-boy. I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone brought up the whole,worn out "it's a demon" remark.

What I find unconscionable is that the parents are exploiting the boys claims by having this tv show which, in my view, only proves it is all a fabrication where the parents simply egg the kid on with his fantasies so they have new material for the show.

• Like 1

There are confounds that need to be considered when interpreting this reading. It's important to recognize that a child's mind undergoing a great deal of development and is far more likely to be impacted by suggestibility than that of an adult. A fair body of research indicates that preschool children are particularly susceptible to misleading suggestions to include participatory end emotional events. Further, even subtle changes, such as changing interviewers will impact the correctness of responses given the same recall event.

I'm reminded of an interesting story I saw a few years ago where a child of about 5 or thereabouts was able to accurately draw the interior of the cockpit of a Junkers 88 entirely without prompting (and never possibly having had the opportunity to ever see one, or a photograph or drawing of one), leading some to wonder whether he might have remembered it from a previous life.

This is the sort of thing that makes me think there may be something when it comes to past lives that is real. In this case though it looks like his parents may well have had something to do with this. If the boy could somehow conjure up images of battles say as has been shown in the past, or even a name that can be verified (as has happened in similar circumstances also) then i would be a little more inclined to believe what is being claimed.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like the boy doesn't have enough to do during the day so he wastes it on making up stories (he probably doesn't know he is making them up by mis-recalling stuff he has seen and heard.)

Give him some extra chores to do and that will all fall by the wayside.

This child is 4 yrs old. What extra chores were you thinking of giving him. ??

These cases absolutely fascinate me. It reminds of of another case I saw years ago about a boy who remembered being a WWII pilot. The level of detail was amazing. Interestingly by the time he was 10 or so the memories had almost completely faded.

• Like 1

This child is 4 yrs old. What extra chores were you thinking of giving him. ??

Cleaning, of course. The kid can handle a rag, can't he? He can wipe down furniture and steps, even dusting. He can help rake leaves or even sweep small areas of the garage floor.

If they have pets like a cat he can clean the cat box or if they have a dog he can go check for dog piles. There is lots of work a kid can do.

Sounds to me like the boy doesn't have enough to do during the day so he wastes it on .... internet forums , perhaps !

:unsure2: