Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Robocops' start patrolling Silicon Valley

Still Waters

A robot secure guard has started patrolling Silicon Valley. The Knightscope K5 is a fully autonomous robot, that can predict crimes in schools,businesses, and neighbourhoods.

https://uk.news.yaho...-084503622.html

• Like 1

So police and guards armed with the latest killing machines, roaming schools and so forth isn't enough?

Now we "need" roaming piles of scrap monitoring and accusing people of "possibly" committing crimes?

So I suppose now not only are we supposed to submit to being screamed at by people armed with military gear but now we are to submit to garbage cans too.

Well..no one is objecting, apparently so this is why this is happening.

Then again maybe people will have finally gotten enough wontons together to say that enough is enough.

• Like 2

Great, another ridiculous invention by some over funded research team and this is what they come out with. Well here is my solution for this piece of metal:

tumblr_mjij32jWk11r6y37vo1_500.png

• Like 1

Great...

It can "predict" crime. How can that R2D2 rip-off possibly predict if we're about to commit a crime?

I think the predict part is a tad misunderstood or misleading. Its predictive analytics the machine using based off data gathering from its sensors. kind of akin to predicting the weather based off data collection. So for example, the sound of breaking glass, a light going on, and and alarm going off, predictive analytics best data answer would be a possible car theft. Other sensors gauging the timing or distance from the machine might predict where the possible stolen car will be driving away from. Then the machine contacts the LEO with it's prediction. It's not definate or deduction, but the best guess the machine can make based off data. I think it is a rather awkward machine.

• Like 1