Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jeff Meldrum is having some issues

KevinP

I found this while on facebook.

I have been challenged and badgered to respond to the criticisms aimed at Todd Standings images. So today I set things aside and wrote a quick and dirty response to Falconer and Poling report. I still have not drawn a conclusion myself, but I am certainly not convinced by their arguments that these are definitely hoaxed. I continue to be dismayed by the tenuous arguments and baseless certitude by so many on this. A lot more work needs to be done.

Let me reiterate -- neither my visit to Nordegg for a few days, nor my co-hosting, what I thought turned out to be a very interesting radio show, constitute an endorsement of everything else that Todd has done. I am still considering the evidence.

Here's a link to his Facebook webpage.

I'm a little confused since Standing has had a dubious reputation for some years now, it isn't like he suddenly came into question, and yet Meldrum is considering it? He's already jumped into bed with him, now he discovers he's got fleas, and is shocked and considering the evidence.

Damn. :unsure2:

After the lacklustre performance he put in when visiting here, it's hard to offer him any support.

• Like 1

There's a lot money riding on him not saying anything definitive. Pushed to that point and with his scientific reputation on the line he would have no chioice but to tell the truth. At this point in time his silence is golden. It's a lot like the hunt for the Russian wild man he lent his credentials to.

• Like 1

I must have missed all this. Fill me in or where to get this info, because it's not on this site.

Jeff seems like a great guy who like many of us is fascinated by the aforementioned subject matter ;while his relationship with Todd may be deemed controversial ,you can't blame the guy for giving a "fellow " researcher the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

And as it pertsins to Dr. MELDRUM HE IS A PROFESSOR AND ONE OF THE FOREMOST AUTHORITIES ON HUMAN AND GREAT APE ANTHROPOLOGY ,SO I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THST HE LOSES SLEEP AT NOGHT WORRYING ABOUT THE PERCEPTION OF HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH TODD

The old adage of laid down with dog and getting up with fleas comes to mind. You hang with known hoaxers, then it begins to stick to you. He may be or was a good professor, but now he's just another guy looking for the fame associated with the TV.

It's not possible that Meldrum didn't know about Standings past and connection to hoaxing, now I should point out that he's never been directly tied to a hoax, however my own opinion is he's just never been caught. Sorry Jeff, and a word of warning to Les Stroud, because he hooked up with him once too.

What is the list of hoaxes Standing has been caught pulling off? Like bigfoot, we should have definitive proof before we assume the "Standing-hoaxer" phenomenon is true.

After the lacklustre performance he put in when visiting here, it's hard to offer him any support.

I emailed him quite a bit to get him on that topic. He let me down also.

I am convinced he is out for attention, and wants in on the Bigfoot $$$$$.......The standing pics have been easily proven to be hoax,s, and Sylvanic, my God.

And he teaches at a University........Scary.

• Like 1

What is the list of hoaxes Standing has been caught pulling off? Like bigfoot, we should have definitive proof before we assume the "Standing-hoaxer" phenomenon is true.

Sylvanic

Numerous Videos and Pics of " Bigfoot "....They are all on this site.

Where should I start?

Please search for them, but I will try to help you.....

( it bothers me when people have been proven to be frauds, and after just a few years, people forgot about it, or do not research it first, and just trust what is said . Then, it has to be put out there all over again. This is how and why Dyer keeps making money )

• Like 2

http://bigfootresearch.blogspot.com/2014/04/todd-standing-bigfoot-hoax-busted.html

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2010/01/12/sylvanic-bigfoot-mystery-solved

http://cryptomundo.com/bigfoot/sylvanic-erased/

http://www.bigfootcrossroads.com/2014/03/why-i-dont-believe-todd-standing.html

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread889245/pg1

Does this look real to you? ( read the links )

todd-bigfoot_big.jpg

Personally, I think Meldrum is sincere in his beliefs and his work, however Sakari touched on something that can't be overlooked, the money factor. People are making money off Bigfoot, it's almost like an underground, cult like following of people taking "exploration/educational training trips", attending lectures and "seminars". In fact to be a "field investigator for the BFRO you have to have attended something like different levels of their seminar, then paid to go on an additional number of group field studies.......I don't know what the number is, so that you are completely and totally indoctrinated into their methodology and thinking, and in the process been separated from piles of your money.

And this doesn't even touch on the tons of tapes, DVD's, tee shirts, hats, semi-religious plaques and carvings, glass Bigfoot curios, and various other strange and somewhat disturbing things you can purchase with your hard earned money. Then if you'd like to get a speaker for a group to come out and talk to your respective group then there are those lecture fees and travel expenses things. For instance, you can have Cliff Barackman come and give you one of his super-duper, have you rolling in the aisles lectures on Bigfoot and when you leave you will be a true born again believer in all things Bigfoot. His exact fees are between the $5K and $10K, depending on audience size, and all travel, lodging and meals. There are specifics on the travel, lodging and meals, which will only be sent out to "serious inquiries only".

• Like 3

Personally, I think Meldrum is sincere in his beliefs and his work, however Sakari touched on something that can't be overlooked, the money factor. People are making money off Bigfoot, it's almost like an underground, cult like following of people taking "exploration/educational training trips", attending lectures and "seminars". In fact to be a "field investigator for the BFRO you have to have attended something like different levels of their seminar, then paid to go on an additional number of group field studies.......I don't know what the number is, so that you are completely and totally indoctrinated into their methodology and thinking, and in the process been separated from piles of your money.

And this doesn't even touch on the tons of tapes, DVD's, tee shirts, hats, semi-religious plaques and carvings, glass Bigfoot curios, and various other strange and somewhat disturbing things you can purchase with your hard earned money. Then if you'd like to get a speaker for a group to come out and talk to your respective group then there are those lecture fees and travel expenses things. For instance, you can have Cliff Barackman come and give you one of his super-duper, have you rolling in the aisles lectures on Bigfoot and when you leave you will be a true born again believer in all things Bigfoot. His exact fees are between the $5K and $10K, depending on audience size, and all travel, lodging and meals. There are specifics on the travel, lodging and meals, which will only be sent out to "serious inquiries only".

Wow. That is only one step away from forming the Church of Bigfootology in order to get tax exemptions...

mhqds2.jpg

• Like 4

I emailed him quite a bit to get him on that topic. He let me down also.

I am convinced he is out for attention, and wants in on the Bigfoot $$$$$.......The standing pics have been easily proven to be hoax,s, and Sylvanic, my God.

And he teaches at a University........Scary.

I like to try to support bigfoot being a possibility, but in the case of Todd Standing, Sakari is exactly correct, Todd has obviously falsified pictures, misrepresented many events and videos, and collected money for things he did not provide/show. He's unarguably a con artist. And I am very saddened that Meldrum got involved with him at all. Meldrum may just as well have thrown in with Biscardi and the frozen suit in a freezer boys.

• Like 1

I like to try to support bigfoot being a possibility, but in the case of Todd Standing, Sakari is exactly correct, Todd has obviously falsified pictures, misrepresented many events and videos, and collected money for things he did not provide/show. He's unarguably a con artist. And I am very saddened that Meldrum got involved with him at all. Meldrum may just as well have thrown in with Biscardi and the frozen suit in a freezer boys.

Actually, Meldrum came out in the beginning of the that hoax and endorsed it. Then he had to retract it after the truth came to light, naturally he took some heat for that, which is why when Dyer started his BS in 2012, Meldrum was notably silent. I can't explain why he'd hook up with Standing in the first place, when I first heard it I was ......not shocked but very surprised.

• Like 1

Actually, Meldrum came out in the beginning of the that hoax and endorsed it. Then he had to retract it after the truth came to light, naturally he took some heat for that, which is why when Dyer started his BS in 2012, Meldrum was notably silent. I can't explain why he'd hook up with Standing in the first place, when I first heard it I was ......not shocked but very surprised.

Yeah, Meldrum has worked hard to try to be taken seriously. But even a 30 second search of the internet would show Standing was not the real deal.

Yeah, Meldrum has worked hard to try to be taken seriously. But even a 30 second search of the internet would show Standing was not the real deal.

I have to agree with you. Sakari, I think it was, touched on Meldrum wanting to get money out of the Bigfoot community and someone like Standing seems to have figured out how to do that, and as I recall wasn't Meldrum trying to raise money for some balloon powered flying thingamabob? In order to do silent aerial observation and possibly get some sort of visual evidence. Project Windblown or something like that.

I know that very often people make bad decisions in order to secure funding for whatever. Could be that Meldrum was only looking at Standing as a means to get his funding for his project and he simply decided to overlook the obvious problems with jumping into bed with Standing.

Edited by KevinP
  • Like 1

I have to agree with you. Sakari, I think it was, touched on Meldrum wanting to get money out of the Bigfoot community and someone like Standing seems to have figured out how to do that, and as I recall wasn't Meldrum trying to raise money for some balloon powered flying thingamabob? In order to do silent aerial observation and possibly get some sort of visual evidence. Project Windblown or something like that.

I know that very often people make bad decisions in order to secure funding for whatever. Could be that Meldrum was only looking at Standing as a means to get his funding for his project and he simply decided to overlook the obvious problems with jumping into bed with Standing.

Yeah, Meldrum actually came onto UM and discussed that with us. Sakari got him to agree to come and field our questions. But, as far as I know, there was only one major monetary contribution, and the project fell far short of the cash it needed to even get started.

Regardless, I'd not say Standing is a financial success. At one point he took down his website and all there was, was a blank page with an email address centered on it. Which was not delivering. I know because I tried sending to that email address.

He probably makes less then I do as an Engineering Technician at Intel.

• Like 1

I believe Dr Meldrum to be the real deal. He is very upstanding and forthright in his persuit of the possible existance of the North American Sasquatch. I don't think money is a motivating factor at all.

I would say the same thing for Todd Standing. One can't deny his passion and his persuit, although some of what he is supposedly linked to looks a little sketchy and inconsistent. Even if that is true, what are his motivations? It cannot be money or fame. Is he really seeing and believing all of what he claims? Is any of it minutely true? Meldrum and Les Stroud must know something to be going down his path, so that makes me believe Standing is onto something.

Edited by Atuke

I believe Dr Meldrum to be the real deal. He is very upstanding and forthright in his persuit of the possible existance of the North American Sasquatch. I don't think money is a motivating factor at all.

I would say the same thing for Todd Standing. One can't deny his passion and his persuit, although some of what he is supposedly linked to looks a little sketchy and inconsistent. Even if that is true, what are his motivations? It cannot be money or fame. Is he really seeing and believing all of what he claims? Is any of it minutely true? Meldrum and Les Stroud must know something to be going down his path, so that makes me believe Standing is onto something.

Yeah, he onto something alright, it's commonly called fraud.

• Like 2

Jeff seems like a great guy who like many of us is fascinated by the aforementioned subject matter ;while his relationship with Todd may be deemed controversial ,you can't blame the guy for giving a "fellow " researcher the benefit of the doubt.

Did you see the thread where Sakari invited him to join us?

As Sakari said, it was tremendously disappointing. Smug and had no time for the people. And nothing at all to share. Nothing like the other greats we see visit us like Jim Oberg.

Sakari did an excellent job of getting him to participate, he just was not very impressive at all, I agree with Sakari, it is scary to think he works at a University.

I don't think he has done a great deal of work per say outside of what would be expected from a Uni Employee, he seems to just play in the "poor me" angle. I used to be rather a fan of his work, as the years have passed I find him very unimpressive.

Just another Roger Patterson but with a Degree in Anthropology, not Leatherwork. Poor me, I really saw it and nobody believes me!!

Bah, Humbug. Tis the season after all.

• Like 2

Did you see the thread where Sakari invited him to join us?

As Sakari said, it was tremendously disappointing. Smug and had no time for the people. And nothing at all to share. Nothing like the other greats we see visit us like Jim Oberg.

Sakari did an excellent job of getting him to participate, he just was not very impressive at all, I agree with Sakari, it is scary to think he works at a University.

Thank you for that......The thread is here, and starts with Meldrum about where I linked it. he answers a page or few later....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235757&st=90

• Like 1

I found this while on facebook.

Here's a link to his Facebook webpage.

I'm a little confused since Standing has had a dubious reputation for some years now, it isn't like he suddenly came into question, and yet Meldrum is considering it? He's already jumped into bed with him, now he discovers he's got fleas, and is shocked and considering the evidence.

Damn. :unsure2:

I think he has always had issues. A grown man with such a high degree of education...and he still believes in bigfoot...yep he has issues alright.

• Like 2