Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Luminous UFO in Scotland.

UM-Bot

Story submission by: Stephen Location: Black Loch, Limerigg, Scotland

In late summer of 1998 myself and my girlfriend at the time were parked up in my car at the edge of the Black Loch in Limerigg Scotland. We had been out just cruising around as it was a lovely evening and decided to have a break and rest for a little while. Anyway I have to say that what I'm going ...

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ufo-in-scotland

• Like 3

Can you give more detail of where you were?

1 July A MK.51 BAE Hawk HW-324 of the Finnish Air Force crashes into the forest near Luopioinen due to Engine failure. Both pilots ejected. One of the pilots sustained minor injuries.[165]

Story submission by: Stephen Location: Black Loch, Limerigg, Scotland

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ufo-in-scotland

Thanks for the story Stephen. There's only one theory which fits all the facts imv. What you saw wasn't from outer space.. it was from something that has evolved here on earth. There's only one possibility of how an enitity could travel at the speeds you and others descsribe without a sonic boom - these creatures absorb the air through their insect-like trachea tubes and then expel the air in the same direction but at a higher speed.. simple

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your story. You are right until it doesn't happen to you, you don't actually believe it. Myself i do believe there is something else out there and wouldn't doubt for a minute your story , i just haven't had any prove in front of my eyes, it would be nice. Very nice read.

• Like 1

Really appreciate your story Stephen and a good read, you are very good at keepng your wits about you and recording details. I myself am open minded on extraterrestrial ufo's / beings. I tend towards something from here on Earth, possibly things that have been hidden from us or we haven't the ability to detect yet.

Once again thanks for sharing, I hope this encourages others who might not have felt comfortable previously to come forward.

Andy.

I have also seen green luminous objects - in the sky and in my bedmroom

I am a Christian and spent some time in the deliverance ministry. These are occult manifestations,

they appear when you have come in contact with the occult - either deliberately or by accident.

It is the same with appearrances of 'ghosts'. Not everyone see these, it is only those that are in

contact with the occult through family. If a young child sees a ghost it could be a parent or family

member that are practising - or have been involved in these practices. Or it could even be someone

that lived there previously practising this in that bedroom the child sleeps in

A lot of people do not know what things are occult and 'dangerous'. One innocent 'game'

can lead to another and get worse. It could ge ouiji boards, palmistry, tarot cards, spiritism,

perverted acts etc etc

( all are listed in the bible)

A Happy New Year and God Bless you All

Edited by malvina

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing your story. I believe you. Especially when you said 'pale green' in colour as I've seen two pale green 'flying ellipses' at the same time.

• Like 1

How many testimonials relate the same thing about the appearance of military aircraft after a sighting?

The resultant conclusion can be summed up in one word, "Incursion".

It's understandable that the government does not want to admit to these incursions, and that they can't defend against them. Something else is making our skies their domain.

• Like 1

I have also seen green luminous objects - in the sky and in my bedmroom

I am a Christian and spent some time in the deliverance ministry. These are occult manifestations,

they appear when you have come in contact with the occult - either deliberately or by accident.

It is the same with appearrances of 'ghosts'. Not everyone see these, it is only those that are in

contact with the occult through family. If a young child sees a ghost it could be a parent or family

member that are practising - or have been involved in these practices. Or it could even be someone

that lived there previously practising this in that bedroom the child sleeps in

A lot of people do not know what things are occult and 'dangerous'. One innocent 'game'

can lead to another and get worse. It could ge ouiji boards, palmistry, tarot cards, spiritism,

perverted acts etc etc

( all are listed in the bible)

A Happy New Year and God Bless you All

Your explanation, while interesting, is just one of many. I sometimes see luminous objects, have seen "ghosts", and I have never ascribed anything negative to them nor have I ever feared them. In my opinion, there are many things created by God that can't be seen with normal vision, i.e. bacteria, virus, cells, atoms, galaxies, and this is just another one of those. But in the bad old days, people used to think illness was caused by demons or was God's will. so I suppose there's historic context for this.

So I happen to have just started this book, Dreamland, that says the Lockheed SR-71 used to fly from Groom Lake, California to an airbase, Machrihanish, a Scottish special forces base.Is that anywhere near Limerigg? So I'm wondering if it's likely there's another secret, experimental aircraft that's making the same circuit, and if, in fact, many of the UFO sightings are actually experimental aircraft. I haven't gotten very far into the book, but experimental aircraft seems more likely than alien aircraft. Surely the SR-71 would have been replaced, and it's replacement would be classified as top secret?

40 years ago a friend & I used to go out to a meadow in Yosemite to star gaze, and we often saw colored lights moving from one end of the sky to the other in a matter of second, both horizontally & vertically. We always thought it was some sort of aircraft flying out of the AFB that's near there, not sure which one Travis, I think, although Nellis & Groom Lake wouldn't be very far in terms of Mach 3 aircraft.

Edited by Beany

Thanks for the story Stephen. There's only one theory which fits all the facts imv. What you saw wasn't from outer space.. it was from something that has evolved here on earth. There's only one possibility of how an enitity could travel at the speeds you and others descsribe without a sonic boom - these creatures absorb the air through their insect-like trachea tubes and then expel the air in the same direction but at a higher speed.. simple

Hmmm, sounds like something for a Vonnegut short story, Venus on the Halfshell is the the name of the book, I think. Can't be sure, its been years.

The resultant conclusion can be summed up in one word, "Codswallop".

There, I fixed your post. No need to thank me.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for all the comments and questions as it was myself that posted the report a while back,and especially to all that believe what I said and witnessed as it is appreciated. On a comment I noticed it said until it actually happens to you that you don't believe it and I'd agree totally with you,as I had that same outlook until this happened to myself and was blown away and believe me when I say that it is a genuinely life changing event when you do!! If you are lucky enough to witness something of the simile of myself you will have the difficulty of wanting to tell all and sundry,though is difficult as it is and I totally agree simply no one tends to believe it when it is told genuinely and exactly how it happened. When I reported my sighting a long time and few years had went past,and to be truthful I'd never written it anywhere before so I have nothing to gain/attain or aspire to by putting my sighting in words out they're for anyone to read,I mulled over it numerous times before I did so and had nothing to gain by writing it. In my view I thought and still think that something like that should be shared if genuine and it boiled down to if two people out one hundred believe it then it is worthwhile sharing. Being blunt but I have took my eldest son to this location and told him what happened in my report though not for my benefit but his,as my personal opinion is he should know for his future as we all should. To clear some questions up in my honest opinion this was no Chinese lantern-rod-demon-apparition-Venus-satellite-meteor-weather balloon-bird-secret aircraft-mistaken aircraft and I know because I seen and tracked it all the way and it was totally and undeniably under control. I for one minute aren't saying aliens were piloting it as I never seen any,but in my view this craft/ufo whatever you prefer isn't made on earth,and to witness this basically flying right past and close,so close and fast It was Basically a fly past of our location and I feel witnessing that with my own eyes albeit many years and a long time later I had to put it out they're so if folk are believing of me I'm fine with it,if not fine with it too.. But the colour/shape/setup/speed lack of noise/engine/ wings/tail etc screamed ufo at a crescendo at the top of its lungs to me and my understanding of aircraft/physics etc. As I stated before it was and is the only time I have seen this in my lifetime. I know many people say they would like to see them and a lot of folk try too,but from someone that has in the long term it does kind of change your outlook a bit due to the fact of just knowing,not in a smug way but actually knowing and having the privilege to witness this with my own eyes so close,so low,so fast from one horizon on my right to the other on my left literally right under our noses and directly in front of us when it passed I'd say was definetely a privilege to witness,but burdensome sometimes as you've seen and know it's true and happening,and can only be for a few reasons,it's either scouting-mapping-overseeing-testing defences/conditions because to travel anywhere you are doing it for a reason?! Personally I've viewed a few programs on TV etc about ufos etc out of curiosity incase someone witnessed the same as myself,and I've never seen this shape/glow in any of them. This probably sounds wild but I could just tell it was a solid object the same way you know if a truck goes past close-a jet flys low in a valley etc your body/senses just know it! All those years ago from day one I'd've said it was a ufo and today many years later I'd still say it was a ufo,as I couldn't possibly deny it so good/fantastic/mind blowing was my sighting. Genuinely a one in a lifetime event to me thus far but glad of it,as it was and still is at the top of my wow(wtf) chart and changed my view from who knows-it could be possible-probably not then in 35/40 seconds totally shifted and upended literally slapped across the face! Turnaround to at least the belief that ufos do exist in my view. Wheyre they go or come from I've no idea,but myself I know that they're is genuine bonafide reports of them in other places. Back when I witnessed this it was truly an amazing sight to see,and since then I've only the one regret that we didn't have a camera/video to get some pictures or video of it,but I can assure you if you viewed a video of it your first words would be to replay it. It would be a lot easier if I did because then I wouldn't have to try and describe my sighting in words and in my opinion even photos would be like Wow!!!! It was so damn blatant!!! We were sitting in the car afterward as you'd imagine quite overawed/excited talking about it and that is when this chopper came and started searching around,this was obvious and blatant also. Basically I appreciate this does seem unusual/coincidental to some but Iam just telling it like it is and how and what happened. Thanks again for any of the previous/new readers on my report,and apologies if it is a bit blunt but Iam only trying to point out some answers to comments before and also trying to put across that it isn't beneficial in any way to myself to report it due to the obvious. Hope this clears a couple of questions up and insight to why I put up my original report. Hope you enjoyed the read nonetheless and if so be good to hear comments from anyone who has genuinely seen something similar to myself.