Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Eaten Alive' anaconda man speaks out

UM-Bot

Naturalist Paul Rosolie has spoken out about what possessed him to undertake the dangerous stunt.

Rosolie, who last month revealed that he was going to be eaten alive by a large anaconda while wearing a special protective suit, has stated that he wanted to do something 'truly shocking' in an effort to draw attention to conservation efforts in the Amazon.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-man-speaks-out

Well Afterall It will give his aires something to talk about at the DINNER TABLE !

I doubt being swallowed by a snake would stir up conservation efforts. It's more likely to make people say: "AHHHHH FREAKY MONSTER....KILL IT, KILL IT!".

Edited by Karasu
  • Like 3

It will prove that humans are on the menu

• Like 1

Isn't it bad thing to torture animals?

What is the value of this 'experiment' or is it just one stupid idea which eventually will provide some media coverage for our 'Archimedes'.

• Like 3

Yeah, agreeing with Karasu here. I think this guy is just using "conservation work" as an excuse just to do something really dangerous and stupid. Just for funsies. Which disgusts me.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of this stunt. I'm glad everything turned out ok for him and the snake but I just don't see the point in all of this.

• Like 2

Yes I agree that this would cause a backlash. Ignorant people are going to think this is a man killer and just will want to destroy more, like Jaws. This is dumb I'll never watch. I'm getting really SICK of Discovery and all its offshoots. I'm about done with them.

• Like 2

I agree that this is not going to help conservationists. The primary message that viewers will get is that the Amazon is full of man killers and therefore not worth saving, especially not the habitats of Anacondas.

• Like 2

Yes I agree that this would cause a backlash. Ignorant people are going to think this is a man killer and just will want to destroy more, like Jaws. This is dumb I'll never watch. I'm getting really SICK of Discovery and all its offshoots. I'm about done with them.

Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, The National Geographic Channel, and even The History Channel, have turned into trash TV. None more so, than TLC.

Edited by Karasu
  • Like 2

Discovery, TLC, Animal Planet, The National Geographic Channel, and even The History Channel, have turned into trash TV. None more so, than TLC.

Yes it peaked about ten years ago, now they're catering to the Jerry Springer crowd. Thankfully the BBC still has quality shows about the natural world.

• Like 1

Stopped watching discovery/history etc a long time ago.

Same. I don't watch documentaries anymore unless its the science channel with my dad.

• Like 1

Yes it peaked about ten years ago, now they're catering to the Jerry Springer crowd. Thankfully the BBC still has quality shows about the natural world.

Yes it does.

He quotes that he's trying to bring in a bunch of people who don't know what's going on in the Amazon, which actually means he is trying to make money for his tv special. I hope he uses it for conservation.

• Like 1

I hope the snake was given "real food" afterwards.

Same. I don't watch documentaries anymore unless its the science channel with my dad.

I hear ya, most "documentaries" now seem to be reality TV or almost mockumentaries!

Hype: promote or publicize intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits. synonyms: publicize, advertise, promote, push, boost, merchandise

He must have felt really 'pooped' out afterwards.

How did that even work anyway? He said the Snake was fine but I dunno. I can't imagine it would be comfortable to **** out a Human.

I'm not a fan of this stunt. I'm glad everything turned out ok for him and the snake but I just don't see the point in all of this.

Agreed. This was more of a publicity stunt than anything else IMO.

I propose the that he be skinned alive and all proceeds will go to PETA ~ I'll start with the first hundred bucks ~ who's in ?

Agreed. This was more of a publicity stunt than anything else IMO.

Exactly, it was a stunt. No big deal.