Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman develops cravings for toilet paper

UM-Bot

Jade Sylvester started consuming loo paper while pregnant and now eats a whole roll of it every day.

While some women have been known to develop unusual food cravings during pregnancy, a 25-year-old full time mother from Gainsborough took this to the extreme when she developed an insatiable desire to dine on toilet paper .

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/275633/woman-develops-cravings-for-toilet-paper

• Like 1

Well, that's pretty crappy.

• Like 6

she has a potty mouth!

• Like 3

Pica.

i learned that word when i heard a story awhile back about a woman that craved and ate crayons.

Yum, yum.

• Like 3

Sounds like a woman with sh**ty taste... :unsure2:

• Like 2

Well at least she wasn't craving the used variety ~

• Like 4

So now she is not pregnant, guess her addiction to things levels are pretty high. Can`t do her too much damage, not compared to what some people eat:

Pica is characterized by an appetite for substances that are largely non-nutritive, such as paper, clay, metal, chalk, soil, glass, or sand.

Pica is more commonly seen in women and children, and in areas of low socioeconomic status. Particularly it is seen in pregnant women,

http://en.wikipedia....Pica_(disorder)

Edited by freetoroam

Well it might suggest, that you have thoughts that are negative. Two different thoughts may be linked, so you may need to find out what thoughts are linked to it and block it out completely. You are being forced to struggle with something maby as a necessity to strengthen your mind and will power.

If you block out the thought of eating toilet paper and it comes back, or if you block out the thought of eating toilet paper and a different craving such as a food or soda comes in it's stead, then you are being attacked by a negative entity, what you must realize is that it is there for your testing.

This is to direct you to watching the thoughts that go in and out of your head. Don't accept them. Find something to do that is a positive influence on your life and or others lives. These thoughts will eventually go away.

I hope you find this encouraging.

Well, thats what I call hardcore vegetarianism.

If you eat a roll of toilet paper, do you still have to wipe your butt? I mean, wouldn't it be self wiping?

• Like 2

i think what we ought to be worried about is why she apparently named her son after a lavatory cleaner.

My other half had this craving too, she didn't swallow it though. Just hid in the bathroom chewed it up and spat it out, she only admitted years after the pregnancy. I was not overly surprised, her other cravings were chewing gum and fizzy drink, god knows how the little blighter came out well and healthy.

I also remember reading about ballerinas eating tissue paper to fill their stomach whilst starving themselves of real food due to the bodyshape pressures of their roles, again probably why my other halfs admition did not surprise me too much.

BTW please refrain from any swallowing jokes, she still doesn't. ;)Did I go to far?

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 3

I wonder why she's not asking for help to kick the habit.

Anyone who names their kid Jaxo probably wasn't all that well-adjusted to begin with.

• Like 1

At least she is getting plenty of (paper) fiber in her diet. :rolleyes:

I've heard of people eating egg rolls and lobster rolls, not toilet paper rolls.

Dang it, I was going to use something with fiber in it!!! Rats!

Pica.

i learned that word when i heard a story awhile back about a woman that craved and ate crayons.

Yum, yum.

I wonder if I had that, when I was pregnant with my second child, my son. I had an incredible craving for grass myself. The thing is, I never acted on my craving. There was one time, one of my wonderful neighbors at that time, brought over this sweet rice dessert dish, that had green food covering on the top. Let me assure you, she had no way of knowing I had the craving, she just did it out of the kindness of her heart. (actually, this was military housing, and we all did this to each other when someone was pregnant.) Well anyways, It was like, YES!

Visitor: May I use your bathroom?

Her: Sure, as long as you just have to pee.

• Like 1

Scenario: Date at a fine restaurant...

Her: Dang, I'm really hungry.

Him: OK, order anything you like off the menu

Her: Just order me a glass of wine. I need to go to the bathroom.

A while ago I used to smoke and drink alcohol but then I realize this isn't a healthy habit and I stopped ...

• Like 1

A while ago I used to smoke and drink alcohol but then I realize this isn't a healthy habit and I stopped ...

Nice. Best thing you could do for yourself. :yes: