Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time runs backward in a mirror Universe

Ozfactor

The point was to describe how it would look if graphed. Or drawn.

The single point is the event that started the universe

Yes, the single point is the event that started both universes. It woldn't matter which universe we're in, time flows the same for both. It's the stupid title of the article that confuses.

• Like 1

Yes, the single point is the event that started both universes. It woldn't matter which universe we're in, time flows the same for both. It's the stupid title of the article that confuses.

Headlines while often misleading tend to get ones attention leading to more readers of the article.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Yes. And it's called the spirit world.

We die, we become a spirit. A spirit die, reincarnated as a baby. Spirit world is made of anti-matter, we can't see them.

Yes. And it's called the spirit world.

We die, we become a spirit. A spirit die, reincarnated as a baby. Spirit world is made of anti-matter, we can't see them.

Ummm... thats what you got from the article?

Reminds me of a line from the song "Made Concrete" by the Republic Tigers:

"Don't believe the scientists who tell you what to think."

Look, theories are all well and good, but as far as we know and can observe "time's arrow" only moves one direction, that being forward. And ignoring biological life running backwards for a second, try to imagine a supernova working in reverse, a black hole expelling matter from the event horizon. I understand in principle that is what you would observe, but seems a bit too fantastic.

Reminds me of a line from the song "Made Concrete" by the Republic Tigers:

"Don't believe the scientists who tell you what to think."

Look, theories are all well and good, but as far as we know and can observe "time's arrow" only moves one direction, that being forward. And ignoring biological life running backwards for a second, try to imagine a supernova working in reverse, a black hole expelling matter from the event horizon. I understand in principle that is what you would observe, but seems a bit too fantastic.

Your right time moves forward.

If two cars start driving back to back, one is going east and the other west but each driver sees themselves as going forward. They are both right, but their forward directions are opposite.

Edited by karmakazi
  • Like 1

If two cars start driving back to back, one is going east and the other west but each driver sees themselves as going forward. They are both right, but their forward directions are opposite.

Excellent visual!

• Like 1

The title's so misleading. Gosh.

Excellent visual!

Really? Only, imagining that the environment just decides on its own to form a corps, then an old man, and the man grows young into a baby, and the baby get forced to go inside his mom (for what?) is way beyond my understanding.

Looks like in that world, there is no freewill at all. You can't choose where you die, how you die, and 100% of everyone is forced to go inside his mommy for some reason.

Really? Only, imagining that the environment just decides on its own to form a corps, then an old man, and the man grows young into a baby, and the baby get forced to go inside his mom (for what?) is way beyond my understanding.

Looks like in that world, there is no freewill at all. You can't choose where you die, how you die, and 100% of everyone is forced to go inside his mommy for some reason.

What are you talking about?

Btw, your not allowed to propose visuals anymore.

• Like 1

There is an "immortal" jellyfish that returns to a juvenile state after maturity, and continues to cycle this bizarre behavior:

Turritopsis dohrnii, the immortal jellyfish, is a species of small jellyfish which is found in the Mediterranean Sea and in the waters of Japan.

It is unique in that it exhibits a certain form of "immortality": it is the only known case of an animal capable of reverting completely to a sexually immature, colonial stage after having reached sexual maturity as a solitary stage.[2][3]

-------------------------------------

Theoretically, this process can go on indefinitely, effectively rendering the jellyfish biologically immortal,[3][5] although, in nature, most Turritopsis are likely to succumb to predation or disease in the medusa stage, without reverting to the polyp form.[6]

The "immortal jellyfish" was formerly classified as T. nutricula.[7]

Source: http://en.wikipedia....itopsis_dohrnii

Thus this peculiar jellyfish, and the only known animal that can do this, develops into sexual maturity then a curious process causes it to revert back to an almost embryonic state. The cycle continues indefinitely unless killed or diseased. It is being heavily studied for obvious reasons.

Edited by pallidin

If proven as fact, the theory mentioned in this article would only serve as proof to the ideal that time is relevant to the entity experiencing it. If there could be life in a universe where the concept of time runs opposite to how it is perceived in this universe, it would still have to start young and progressively mature. Civilizations don't begin at an advanced stage and slowly digress, and organisms can not rise out of the ground from a fully evolved or cadaverous state, slowly become more durable and lively, and finish their life cycle by combining with other organisms of a similar cellular structure...

Edited by CocoOutsideCremeFilled

that is because time is linear, an infinite segment while our own universe is currently finite.

The article referenced in the first post has some misconceptions:

[edit]

“In other words, the model has one past but two futures.”

[/edit]

I think they are meaning to say, "..., the model has one beginning but two futures."

For that matter, the model also has one beginning and two pasts.

On another note, it is a model worth having around in case it explains something, but what is the problem(s) that it solves. I guess I am as thick as a brick!

And yet another thought is that, "what would then stop the Big Bang from having a multitude of arrows of time that form a two deminsional bicycle wheel-like shape or even a sphere-like shape of that same nature?

If you are wondering where I went... or NOT... My computer was the victim of a lightening storm and a poorly installed storm warning siren that attracts lightening toward my home. The static travelled along the ground and the power switched on four times. You can imagine the damage. But, I am finally back online now.

Yeah, I have that Red Dwarf in my collectioin--funny.

Here is the site that doesn't follow the sensational hype but gets it all correct, except referring to only one past (butit is obvious this time that they mean the same unique original beginning. (0% of the comments on this topic show a lack of understanding the experiments.http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/2-futures-can-explain-time-s-mysterious-past/

Edited by MyOtherAccount

if there was a mirror universe where time ran backwards. then both universes could not have started at the same point. since the mirror universe would be ending at that point. in other wards we start by from the death of the other universe.

if there was a mirror universe where time ran backwards. then both universes could not have started at the same point. since the mirror universe would be ending at that point. in other wards we start by from the death of the other universe.

Mirror is where you got confused. Poor title.

Mirror is where you got confused. Poor title.

if time is running backwards in another universe. said universe would be shrinking to a singularity at which point our universe would start to expand. it is known as the big crunch. one theory about our universe has it running out of steam and to start shrinking to the big crunch. at which time in our universe time would run backwards.

Maybe there are Mirror Universes...if there was The Universe and say, two other Mirror Universes....

...and they were lined up just right...

...there you go......an Infinite number of Universes....

You know, like if you held up two mirrors and you are seeing yourself in the mirror of the mirror of the mirror of the mirror of...nevermind