Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Over The Statue Of Liberty

seeder

Balloon?

Black orb UFO frazzles Statue of Liberty visitors

A scary looking, black orb UFO, caught on video flying above the Statue of Liberty on Dec. 10, has most YouTubers claiming it's nothing more than a balloon. Until it stops dead in mid-air directly above the iconic landmark. Another explanation has the unidentified flying object as a surveillance drone. If so, it's of a type never seen before and one that could be extremely dangerous to aircraft flying in the busy skies over New York harbor.

http://www.examiner.com/article/black-orb-ufo-frazzles-tourists-to-the-statue-of-liberty-video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSJfKetSoQY

• Like 2

I agree with the above poster. The weather seems a little too nice to be the weather on the 10th. I live in New York and it was really really really crappy out.

• Like 1

Well the vids blurb states

My wife and sister filmed this UFO while visiting New York City this week. Sorry for the shaking. She said she was freezing from holding the camera for so long with no gloves. She said at first she thought it was a balloon but it stopped all of a sudden and stayed in one place for a while. She also ran out of disc space hence

And it was uploaded on the 10th, so maybe not actually filmed on the 10th

• Like 1

Its a Giant insect!

Call me skeptical, but that's a pretty blue sky given the weather on the 10th.

http://www.timeandda...w-york/historic

I didn't check the link. But considering I live in a state north of there, and it was cloudy and nasty, and I called someone in NC and it was the same, I think this is a very good point.

Frankly, so many things are filmed, and what I want to know, is that why can't anyone find out what was in the air, or the possible something being in the air at that time. I would think, that something like this, could be recognized by at least one person and they would know what it is. I always skeptical of something that hasn't landed and said, 'where here!' and yet let's itself be filmed. Ok, translation of my thoughts here, this has to be something earth wise, probably floating stuff. ------ yeah, that doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

And this was spotted by the governments defense team and NASA? No! didn`t think so.

• Like 1

And this was spotted by the governments defense team and NASA? No! didn`t think so.

Or air traffic control...

• Like 2

Hmm, reckon you could have just given some youtuber an idea. Could be seeing a UFO over the skies of England very shortly....

"WAS THIS THE ALIEN CRAFT WHICH HALTED AIR TRAVEL OVER UK ON 12/12/14?"

• Like 2

And what of the 10 bizillion other people in NYC that would have seen it.

No other vids or pics?

• Like 3

And what of the 10 bizillion other people in NYC that would have seen it.

No other vids or pics?

Agreed, it would be nice if someone else had been able to capture it from a different angle. Unfortunately, this footage doesn't offer very much to go on.

• Like 1

Babies black balloon makes her fly

I almost fell into the hole in your life- Goo Goo Dolls

AlienDan: I actually went back to the original video and noticed how black and white the statue was. Good point!

• Like 1

Another link from hell. Can't you find this stuff on Youtube? :innocent:

Completely fake, not even real video footage. It was created from a photo.

The biggest sign is the obvious black and white statue of liberty.

Second is that it apears blurier than the UFO.

The camera zooms in to fast.

There's a dark grey outiline around the statue that is not there in reality, evidence of it being copy/pasted.

And a simple google search revealed an image that matches it perfectly.

It's an animated photo with fake camera shake a soundrtrack and UFO added.

Well done :tu:

Could very well be a drone , the movement?not a balloon. Laws will be passed on drones in 015 and they ought to have to have brighter, than mandated presently, ID lights, maybe even a new color scheme for them to further identify. As the couple of near misses this year with com. aircraft, it's a matter of time to disaster.

Yeah, NYC isn't going to allow that thing to fly above the Statue of Liberty without fighter jets surrounding it. That's a promise.

• Like 1

Completely fake, not even real video footage. It was created from a photo.

(...)

It's an animated photo with fake camera shake a soundrtrack and UFO added.

Correct. Very rare that hoaxes are perfect. In this case, note the dark contour of the arm...