Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

America's first horned dinosaur discovered

UM-Bot

Palaeontologists have identified a rabbit-sized horned dinosaur that was a relative of Triceratops.

The new species, which was discovered during an expedition to Montana in 1997, has now been named Aquilops americanus after being officially recognized as the earliest known example of a ceratopsian ever found in North America.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/275759/americas-first-horned-dinosaur-discovered

Rabbit-sized with horns... sounds like it might be a relative of the elusive Jackalope.

• Like 1

makes me think of a baby that gets that tooth to break out of the egg then looses it but I do wish we could bring some of these amazing creatures back with science

• Like 1

makes me think of a baby that gets that tooth to break out of the egg then looses it but I do wish we could bring some of these amazing creatures back with science

Amen to that brother!

I share similar views!

I believe humanity will take the next big leap when they clone/rebreed the first dinosaur!

It will change everything we thought we knew about Paleontology! As of now it's all hugely guess work, but once we break the morality issue and start swinging aimlessly then we will answer life's true questions

Wonder why it took so long to find

• Like 1

Wonder why it took so long to find

Because they are extinct?