Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Having Psychic Powers

bbygirl559

I Think My Girlfriend has psychic Abilities .She can see things before it happens .Like my grandmother was really sick and my girlfriend kept telling me to spend more time with her,take photos with her and i was like no she is going to be ok and a week later she past away,She told me ,i saw your grandmother was so tired and i wanted you to spend time with her ,take photos and ask her questions causes she was getting ready to leave .And i so hate myself for not listening to her..She even told her best friend to stop doing the things he is doing .She kept telling him your going to get hurt and be on the news.And he didn't Listen and sure enough he ended up on the news and he got shot 3 times .its strange but very interesting ...Little by little her powers are getting stronger.. :unsure2:

I don't beleive in psychic powers. I believe people can have psychic abilities but no one can call upon any powers at will. All psychics have been proven to be frauds, mostly just cold readers or outright liars. I'm not saying your lying, I'm just saying you're mistaken.

Now, I have this power that works only when it wants to and is completely useless. Check it out...

Sometimes, I'll find myself suddenly thinking about a scene or a line from a movie, it will play over and over in my mind. Then, from that moment, up to about 3 days later, that movie will be playing on some channel somewhere on my satellite TV service. I know because I go searching for it. This happens with movies that can be from the 70s and haven't literally been broadcast for years, or it can happen with more recent stuff. It's not 100%, but seems to be accurate to about 85% of the time, or so, that I will find the movie playing somewhere within the 3-day time frame. As I said, completely usless, and I cant call upon this "power" I can only experience it when it does happen.

The point.. like I said, I think people can experience things but can't ever call upon such things at will.

I don't beleive in psychic powers. I believe people can have psychic abilities but no one can call upon any powers at will. All psychics have been proven to be frauds, mostly just cold readers or outright liars. I'm not saying your lying, I'm just saying you're mistaken.

Now, I have this power that works only when it wants to and is completely useless. Check it out...

Sometimes, I'll find myself suddenly thinking about a scene or a line from a movie, it will play over and over in my mind. Then, from that moment, up to about 3 days later, that movie will be playing on some channel somewhere on my satellite TV service. I know because I go searching for it. This happens with movies that can be from the 70s and haven't literally been broadcast for years, or it can happen with more recent stuff. It's not 100%, but seems to be accurate to about 85% of the time, or so, that I will find the movie playing somewhere within the 3-day time frame. As I said, completely usless, and I cant call upon this "power" I can only experience it when it does happen.

The point.. like I said, I think people can experience things but can't ever call upon such things at will.

With all due respect, just because you yourself cannot call upon something at will, doesn't mean that there aren't people out there in the world who can. It seems a bit questionable to say that something is incapable of occurring simply because an individual lacks such a quality; one might even call it hubristic. Additionally, making a distinction between "powers" and "abilities" in this context seems a bit odd; these words are almost wholly synonymous when used in this context (that being a discussion on paranormal phenomena). Also, to say that you don't believe in powers, yet in the same breath state you have an almost ephemeral ability, is a bit contradictory.

Now, I will say that the examples as were given by the OP do not really seem all that psychic to me. They seem to have been made (perhaps subconsciously) using information that was easily gathered; their grandmother was, I am assuming, at an age where death becomes more and more likely, and/or had an illness, both things that were probably wholly known. The girlfriend may have subconsciously registered that, given the grandmother's age and/or condition, her life might be ending soon.

As for their friend, it was obvious that they were making poor choices, and one could easily deduce, and thus "sense", that something ominous was about to occur.

Had their girlfriend provided more specifics (the only specificity being the mention of the friend ending up on television, though whether that was said in all precognitive seriousness or as a form of biting sardonism, I do not know), it would have given more credence to the possibility of an actual psychic event. Just my two cents.

• Like 2

Everyone has psychic abilities. Just mostly hidden and often do not know about them. But could be arouse using, for example a yoga meditations.

http://simonarich.com/meditation-dangers

Meditation Danger #2: Developing supernatural powers

If you meditate for some years (or if you meditated in past lives,

then this can happen very fast), you’re likely to develop some

supernatural powers............................... :yes:

• Like 2

I laugh when people say ALL psychics are proven frauds. On the contrary. There are many police departments who use them to find missing people and/or suspects. There is no way they could "cold read" that stuff. Not saying there aren't a lot of fakes out there. Just not all of them. Just like saying all orbs are dust, bugs, lens flares. Ridiculous.

I would be wary of one who says they are never wrong. Two of the best local ones I have been to even say they are totally right just over half the time.

I had a guy speed past me and cut me off once. I said to myself "he's gonna get into an accident". 1/4 mile later he was T-boned right in front of me. I drove cab for 2 years and always wondered why nobody used mini vans. I had an Aerostar back then as a personal vehicle. 5 years later, after I quit, they started to become the norm. Just yesterday I was watching a hockey game where my team was terribly beaten through 57 minutes. Said to myself "maybe they'll score 2 goals within 30 seconds and win". A minute later they scored 2 goals in 12 seconds! My problem is I don't know when a thought or feeling is a legitimate "sensing" of something.

Your girlfriend....maybe it's psychic ability, maybe she has a good sense of intuition which some say is the same thing. I'm sure she's not right all the time but would bear listening to just the same.

• Like 3

Women have instincts. We call it intuition. I give readings all day on this forum and professionally. I have a pretty descent success rate. I would also say about 85% are correct, or at least I am told I am correct by my clients. I will be the first to admit that I can and have been wrong with some readings. But no one's perfect. I also do not call my self psychic. How ever, to the poster of this thread;

In all do respects, I am not at all saying your GF doesn't have a gift. The occurrences you noted are definitely eerie, but also are not that particularly astounding. . . Sometimes when a loved one is sick or dying, we shut our selves out to it and don't perceive it in the same way that others on the out side do. You may simply have been in denial that your G'Ma was moving on. Your GF may have seen what was not so obvious to you. Dealing with the death of a loved one is painful and awful and I am deeply sorry for your loss. Also, it is only common sense that if some one knowingly engages in nefarious behavior, they put themselves at risk. It doesn't surprise me in the least that some one who put them selves at risk of getting shot would there in turn actually get shot. . . She should certainly nurture her gifts, but I think she is just calling it as she sees it.

Edited by Stygean Hugh

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm able to see the dead and the dead talk to me as well as I can see things happen before they actually happen I have this gift and I don't know what to do with it. I also get uncomfortable feelings in certain parts of every house I've ever lived in like I sense a presence. A few days ago I saw this purplish color behind my fiance and I told her she said that was her great grandma's favorite color and I never knew that before she told me. Can someone on this site please help me understand my gift and explain to me what I should do with this gift?

• 2 weeks later...

iAfter that Had happened ..my stepson came to live with us and one night he said he was asleep and a bright light woke him up and he saw a light come from the window and shine on the wall and he said it was weird cause it was just coming out the side of the window and he said it wasnt like a flash light it was bright and the sun didnt come out yet .so he grab his phone and took a photo of it and it was gone ..and when he looked at the photo he took the light was shinning on my cross ..only the cross and thats crazy .the next day he was on the internet and he said he saw something and clicked on it .it was on youtube some video taped the clouds and it was shaped like a cross ..and things are still happening here at home and we are trying to get things on video ,sounds somethings , :blush: i belive everyone has a gift you just need to learn how to use it..

iAfter that Had happened ..my stepson came to live with us and one night he said he was asleep and a bright light woke him up and he saw a light come from the window and shine on the wall and he said it was weird cause it was just coming out the side of the window and he said it wasnt like a flash light it was bright and the sun didnt come out yet .so he grab his phone and took a photo of it and it was gone ..and when he looked at the photo he took the light was shinning on my cross ..only the cross and thats crazy .the next day he was on the internet and he said he saw something and clicked on it .it was on youtube some video taped the clouds and it was shaped like a cross ..and things are still happening here at home and we are trying to get things on video ,sounds somethings , :blush: i belive everyone has a gift you just need to learn how to use it..

Is there a road near your stepson's window? Could be a bright headlight momentarily shining in. So do you think being psychic is like an innate talent? Like playing a piano? It was always inside you but you had to bring it out with practice. If you practice guessing things that might happen in the future wouid that be a good exercise? Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help to bring out my lottery psychic muscle haha.

Women have instincts. We call it intuition.

Men, also, have instincts. We call it intuition.

Animals have instincts. It is part of the genetic realm of life.

Wait...I think I know. Ringo is the only one still alive hahaha. Paul may have died back in 1966...if you believe in those "paul is dead" conspiracy theories.

I work with a psychic organization of detectives. We are considered psychic crime fighters. From a very early age I could look at pictures and tell if a person was dead or still alive. I would have dreams and visions that I would later see on the news or that I knew would be significant for a victim I would need to help in the future. I grew up Christian so I neglected my gift for some time as I was worried it was evil. I discovered however that typically my ability gives others a sense of closure which is a rewarding feeling for me. I focus mainly these days on trying to help locate missing persons as well as profiling criminals. I would not say that i always am in a transcendental state when channeling a victim or suspect ... Typically I'll just be doing my dishes or another random task and something will pop into my head that makes perfect sense and I have no clue where it comes from other than some energy or thing I cannot yet understand. I don't charge money to help people. People who charge money most of the time are hacks and crooks.

Edited by WildFlower30

I work with a psychic organization of detectives. We are considered psychic crime fighters. From a very early age I could look at pictures and tell if a person was dead or still alive. I would have dreams and visions that I would later see on the news or that I knew would be significant for a victim I would need to help in the future. I grew up Christian so I neglected my gift for some time as I was worried it was evil. I discovered however that typically my ability gives others a sense of closure which is a rewarding feeling for me. I focus mainly these days on trying to help locate missing persons as well as profiling criminals. I would not say that i always am in a transcendental state when channeling a victim or suspect ... Typically I'll just be doing my dishes or another random task and something will pop into my head that makes perfect sense and I have no clue where it comes from other than some energy or thing I cannot yet understand. I don't charge money to help people. People who charge money most of the time are hacks and crooks.

Really? That sounds fascinating. Sorta reminds me of the tv series "ghost whisperer". You must have a good dayjob if you don't charge for your services. Do you and these other psychic detectives get together and discuss things? What happens when you don't agree with your fellow mates? Kinda like a psychic jury examing the evidence haha. I was wondering about these psychic visions that you get randomly about things while doing the dishes. Maybe it's just your mind working on a case subconsciously and bingo! an answer surfaces to the top catching you unaware. It's a typical "eureka moment" that we all get by chance sometimes.

And lastly, is paul still alive? XD

• Like 1

^its actually strange. The people I work with - we all typically get similar insights so there is not much misconstrued. Many times we all just look at a map and separately list an area of interest. You would not believe how many times those areas of interest are the same and that something of evidentiary value is found there. I don't deal with people that speak about a victim or a missing person's personal life. What we concern ourselves with is the location of the person or evidence. We also do a lot of profiling of suspects based of our insights, for example me and some other intuitives will draw up sketches of what we sense the suspect looks like. Anyways, in fear of making myself look like a freak I'm gonna shush up now. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bbygrl59.

I'd like to understand if apart from these 2 instances, has ur gf been able to c random things before they could happen?

Hey wildflower30, I'd b glad if you could share a few cases with us. I've known that police departments do consult psychics to help them solve cases. Thanks

P.S. - This isn't an attempt to ridicule your ability or powers. I'm just curious to know more.