Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual opening triggered by trauma

UM-Bot

Kathleen Meadows: I was speaking with a dear friend the other day who suffered a profound loss recently. It was the death of a loved one; not entirely unexpected, it still felt shocking and harsh. She described going through a bounty of spiritual experiences since her friend’s death. Always difficult to describe; she said through a series of synchronistic events, she receives messages that are, as far as she’s able to determine, about being present, loving and protective.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That is how it all began for me. The one day in your life you remember like it was today. Astral traveling like there's no tomorrow but I fight it. Unfortunately each time I separate it reminds me of dying on that near fatal day. As aria7 said, it certainly has a powerful factor!

I suffered some pretty severe emotional trauma (my mother was murdered), and I feel that it triggered some sort of altered perception. I have had frequent paranormal encounters ever since. I call what I experienced being touched by death. When people ask how they might become more sensitive to the paranormal, I tell them I only know one way, and I don't think they want to wish for that.

• Like 1

I suffered some pretty severe emotional trauma (my mother was murdered), and I feel that it triggered some sort of altered perception. I have had frequent paranormal encounters ever since. I call what I experienced being touched by death. When people ask how they might become more sensitive to the paranormal, I tell them I only know one way, and I don't think they want to wish for that.

Those who embody compassion, patience, kindness and possess rare wisdom and keen insight are often those who have endured the greatest hardships. The path it takes to arrive there is not an enviable one in most cases. Your statement reminds me of the old adage... "be careful what you wish for..."

• Like 1