Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese man eats 160 eggs to mark Christmas

Still Waters

A Chinese competitive eater who marked the Christmas season by consuming 160 eggs in one sitting said on Wednesday he was in good health and planned more extreme stunts.

Pan Yizhong, 46, sported a red and white Santa hat as he gobbled 150 quail eggs and 10 chicken eggs in less than 40 minutes on Tuesday to promote a restaurant in central China's Hunan province.

https://uk.news.yaho...62.html#03qslgs

• Like 1

Um - wrong western holiday, eggs are for Easter but whatever floats his boat I guess.

• Like 1

Um - wrong western holiday, eggs are for Easter but whatever floats his boat I guess.

Are you telling me Santa did not want all the pickled egg and pigs feet that I have been leaving out for him?

• Like 2

If it was 150-160 QUAIL eggs then it doesn't really seem like that big of a deal. Have you seen quail eggs? They are really tiny.

Though I loathe eggs I wonder if quail eggs taste any different from chicken eggs.

However I think these eating contests/stunts are the ultimate in wastefulness as well as arrogant gluttony. Stuffing your gob just to win some stupid prize while probably in the next little hamlet you have people who would give anything to have just one quail egg.

Edited by Ryu

Though I loathe eggs I wonder if quail eggs taste any different from chicken eggs.

They're a little stronger in flavour than hens' eggs and they have a higher yolk to white ratio.

Nice with fish.....My special favourite is with Salmon fillets and asparagus.

• Like 1

Tisk, risk, all those eggs and no nog. Some Christmas celebration...

• Like 1

well at least some people do learn some lessons even if its from the hard and unfortunate way round ~

Man dies in Custer hot dog eating contest

July 08, 2014 6:00 am

What should have been a fun way to kick off the Fourth of July weekend quickly turned tragic for a Custer man who choked to death while trying to speedily eat hot dogs during a competitive eating contest.

The crowd at Way Park in Custer, just across from the county courthouse, was stunned Thursday afternoon when one of six contestants — Walter Eagle Tail, 47 — began to choke while trying to win the contest.

Paramedics who swiftly were called to his side tried in vain to save him. Eagle Tail was transported by ambulance to Custer Regional Hospital, where he died, authorities said.

• rapidcity journal link

~