Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird times on clocks..

Ashley UwU

I remember a year ago, for a few months, everytime I looked at a digital clock, it always showed something like 13:33 or 3:33 or just any of those, I'm not joking, I found it really odd cause I didn't check very often but the few times I checked, it always had 13:33 or 23:33 or something with 333 in it.

Then after a few months it stopped completely and hasn't happened since.

• Like 3

Continue...

Was that the whole post?If so sounds like your clocks were broken...

• Like 1

Ease up CrimsonKing, no need to go on the offensive.

Corsicaiscute there's lots of similar reports with the time 11:11, I don't know what the general consensus is but you might want to try reading up on those a bit.

• Like 2

Ease up CrimsonKing, no need to go on the offensive.

Corsicaiscute there's lots of similar reports with the time 11:11, I don't know what the general consensus is but you might want to try reading up on those a bit.

:lol: wasnt trying to go on the offensive,just seemed like a short thought with a simple answer.

I dunno could be witchcraft maybe...I will shut up now :innocent:

Edited by CrimsonKing

As above, it could simply be our brain's incredible ability to find patterns, even if they are in your peripheral vision only, and you have a good internal clock so it knows about when to start looking.. Your brain loves patterns and coincidences so it will make sure you see as many of them as possible!

There's a great answer to a similar question here- check out the best answer..

• Like 8

I remember a year ago, for a few months, everytime I looked at a digital clock, it always showed something like 13:33 or 3:33 or just any of those, I'm not joking, I found it really odd cause I didn't check very often but the few times I checked, it always had 13:33 or 23:33 or something with 333 in it.

Ah, I can't find the thread but this was talked about about a year ago. But ChrLzs (Snoopy :) ) is right. There's a part of our brains that are hard wired to recognize patterns. When we see patterns, we then say coincidence. When we see a coincidence, then we're primed to maybe say that it was a mystery.

By the way, welcome Corsica. :)

• Like 3

Welcome to UM Corsicaiscute! With me the pattern I kept seeing (for years) was 1111.
  • Like 1

Ah, I can't find the thread but this was talked about about a year ago. But ChrLzs (Snoopy :) ) is right. There's a part of our brains that are hard wired to recognize patterns. When we see patterns, we then say coincidence. When we see a coincidence, then we're primed to maybe say that it was a mystery.

By the way, welcome Corsica. :)

This is true, i'm plagued by the number 153, pretty much see it everywhere these days o.O

This reminds me of the movie "The number 23" it's quite an obscure movie that didn't get that much media attention over here but it stars Jim Carrey. Not a comedy but one of the more darker indie films that he's been in, and he plays a character who starts to develop an overwhelming obsession with the number 23 which in turn makes him start seeing it everywhere. it's a great movie you should definitely check it out.

I've experienced this myself. I prefer to believe it is the brain seeing patterns which are not really there. If it is the universe trying to tell us something why must it disguise itself in symbol and not just say it clearly.

I do tend to notice the time at 12:34...don't know why, but I do. Unfortunately, I am sure it is a subconscious action, and not the universe trying to tell me something, although I would love it to be some paranormal reason.

Glad I'm not alone with this! :P and oooh, thanks for the welcomes! ^^

oh god.. EDIT: WTF, i didn't look at the clock when i wrote it, and it posts it at exactly 03:33 ... ok, there is something going on.

Edited by Corsicaiscute

Ive seen 3:33 for years....not only on clocks, but my change or my total or just anything. These are considered "angel numbers". Messages from the universe or your guardian angels. It symbolizes that you are raising your vibration and conciousness. More people are seeing 11:11 then ever before.

• Like 1

Ive seen 3:33 for years....not only on clocks, but my change or my total or just anything. These are considered "angel numbers". Messages from the universe or your guardian angels. It symbolizes that you are raising your vibration and conciousness. More people are seeing 11:11 then ever before.

Interesting I never heard of angel numbers before, where to do you find the meaning for the specific numbers if not on your own ?

11:11... for twenty years or so

I see 3 or 333 all the time for as long as remember. I'm so superstitious about it the number 3 forms the basis of my lottery numbers. I never thought too much about it until I came on here. I posted a story named Need Answers on here, that's why I joined this site, but up until now my connection with the number 3 has taken a new light. Very strange things seem to happen to me involving the number 3. Like Pixiedust's comment, in clocks, in my change. A very strange thing happened at work that revolved around the number 3, strange enough to freak me out, and in my opinion totally unexplainable. If you read my post ''Need Answers'' you might understand how these stories about certain numbers are getting my heart rate going.

Im only beginning to open my eyes.