Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Law of Attraction

dreamland

Hello Everybody. Not too long ago i posted a video on youtube about the law of attraction, on which i worked very hard to make. I will be very thankful if you could see it, like it and subscribe to my channel. Thank you again.... here is the link:

• Like 4

It was an interesting video, I've seen a lot of similar stuff before as I've watched quite a bit of L.O.A. type videos.

As for the law of attraction itself. I do feel that we indeed attract to us what we think about in our deep mind (subconscious). However it doesn't work like people want to portray it. We can not instantly gain all our heart desires through it. It's a two fold process. Implant the intent into your subconscious and then act on it. Without effort all your doing is wishful thinking. So my personal instructions for using L.O.A. is to do the following.

1)Write down what you desire.

2)Create a list of things that can be done to achieve it.

3)Select the easiest path first.

4)Act on it.

Results will follow if your consistent. Metaphysical practitioners use rituals, sigils, and the like to implant their desire into the deep mind. But no matter how hard one wishes, it's your own efforts that get you their.

• Like 1

I question the whole idea of a law of attraction, or that we can or should or are entitled to manifest our desires, especially when those desires are egocentric, as many of them are. I am more persuaded that we get what we have earned or deserved, both in the negative and positive, and if there's some thing I really want, then I need to formulate a plan to achieve it, and work that plan.

• Like 2

How to 'attract' $65,000,000 .

from new age marketing scam from new age suckers !

"Although “The Secret” is an overnight phenomenon, its message of think-and-grow-rich is but the latest version of a self-help formula dating back more than a century, with roots both secular and religious, and branches that have included Napoleon Hill’s best-selling “Think and Grow Rich” in 1937 and Norman Vincent Peale’s “Power of Positive Thinking” in 1952.

"J. Gordon Melton, the director of the Institute for the Study of American Religion in Santa Barbara, Calif., traces the origins of “prosperity consciousness” to 19th-century Christian Science. “It’s always waiting for slightly different forms of expression, the same old message,” he said.

"Last Sunday evening the Hickses relaxed in their $1.4 million luxury bus parked outside the Rancho Cordova Marriott near Sacramento, where they had just finished a six-hour workshop on the law of attraction in the hotel ballroom. Three hundred people had paid $195 each to hear Ms. Hicks, a former secretary, summon otherworldly spirits she says speak through her. The spirits, who collectively use the name Abraham, answered participants’ questions.

"The Hickses spend most of the year traveling the country, leading workshops based on the teachings they say Abraham has given them. They record the workshops and have 10,000 subscribers, who pay up to $50 a month for CDs and DVDs of Abraham’s wisdom.

"When Ms. Byrne asked Ms. Hicks to appear in “The Secret,” as the most prominent interpreter of the law ofattraction, she agreed to give the Hickses approval over much of the movie, according to a contract. But when the couple saw the first cut, they were livid. Ms. Hicks’s voice, chaneling Abraham, was used as narration throughout the film, but her face was never shown.

"After negotiation, Ms. Hicks’s image was edited into the film and it was released, ultimately netting the Hickses $500,000 from sales, Ms. Hicks said. But the couple were unhappy with the distribution. They said they understood it would be shown first on Australian television, but instead it was being sold as an Internet download and later as a DVD.

"Cynthia Black, the president of Beyond Words Publishing, a New Age imprint, who is both a longtime friend of the Hickses and the publisher of Ms. Byrne’s book version of “The Secret,” tried to broker a peace. She enlisted the help of Jack Canfield, the author of “Chicken Soup for the Soul,” one of the “transformational experts” who appears in “The Secret” (and whose nephew Zach Canfield says he used the law of attraction to score a date with the hip-hop singer Lady Sovereign). But Mr. Canfield was also unable to bring the parties together.

"The Hickses consulted their lawyer, and Ms. Byrne in turn demanded changes to the contract, both sides said. No agreement could be reached. Ms. Byrne moved forward with a second version of “The Secret” without the Hickses. Advised by their lawyer to sue, the Hickses said they declined because litigation would take energy from their own pursuit of the law of attraction. “We don’t sue,” said Mr. Hicks, a former circus acrobat and Amway distributor.

"Ms. Byrne does not seem overly troubled by the rupture. “I’m grateful to have had the journey with them for the time that we had,” she said, sitting on a plush chair next to a honeysuckle candle in her apartment in Santa Monica, Calif. With a glittering silver circle affixed with false-eyelash glue to the center of her forehead, she related how she had mortgaged her home in Melbourne, where she worked as a television producer, to finance “The Secret” and also received an investment from a former Internet executive in Chicago, Bob Rainone. The cost of the films was about $3 million, Ms. Byrne said.

"Ms. Byrne, 55, seems possessed by the energy of her success, jumping from side to side as she speaks. Her gray eyes shine with the fervor of the true believer as she talks about setting the goal of taking her vision to the world and watching it come true. “It’s incredible to actually experience an intention that is so big, to experience it is ... ” She paused as her voice crested and swooped as if on the edge of breaking. “It’s like I can feel the lives, every life changing, the joy,” she said.

"Without the Hickses’ 10 percent cut, Ms. Byrne and her Chicago investor will reap millions in additional profits. None of the film’s other self-help gurus were paid. But “even though money was involved,” Ms. Byrne insisted, “it was never about that.”

"And the Hickses agreed. “We earn millions of dollars a year” already, Mr. Hicks said.

"No, the clash seems mainly over who deserves credit, and the wave of mainstream publicity, for this latest version of prosperity consciousness. The Hickses have preached the law of attraction while traveling with Abraham for 21 years. Ms. Byrne’s exposure to the notion is more recent: she was going through a rough patch in her life in 2004, when her daughter gave her a copy of “The Science of Getting Rich,” first published in 1910.

"The book discussed how focusing on gratitude can help a person take control of life. Ms. Byrne delved into the works of other self-help gurus, like Charles Haanel’s “Master Key System” from 1912; Prentice Mulford’s 19th-century “Thoughts Are Things”; and Robert Collier’s “Secret of the Ages” from 1926.

"For the second version of “The Secret,” Ms. Byrne used Lisa Nichols, an author of “Chicken Soup for the African-American Soul,” and Marci Shimoff, an author of “Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul,” to fill gaps left by Ms. Hicks’s removal. (The DVD of the Hicks version of “The Secret” is going for $104 on Amazon.com.)

"What the Hickses say bothers them most about the second version of “The Secret” is that those who watch it are not receiving enough explanation of the law or being told that its discovery was made by “vibrationally accessing broader intelligence,” Ms. Hicks said.

http://www.nytimes.c....0Pictures&_r=0

"But a big question to many was (as this IS a little 'old hat' ) ; " So what makes “The Secret” – which traffics in the kind of harmless power-of-positive-thinking jargon that’s been packaged and re-packaged since the late 19th century, when the spiritualist movement in America began – so polarizing?"

So, a bit of 'history' about the marketing project that made tyhis happen.

" There is, of course, its dubious origins: The book and DVD were written and produced by an out-of-work Australian named Rhonda Byrne, who claims to have stumbled on “The Secret” to life in a 100-year-old book that remains unnamed. ... She enlisted the help of self-help gurus – two of whom, Esther and Jerry Hicks, later claimed Byrne swindled them out of their share of profits. "

http://nypost.com/20...-little-secret/

" The Secret, a New-Age marketing phenomenon the like of which has not been seen for decades. It’s a bunfight of cosmic proportions that has drawn into its orbit some of the best-known figures and most fundamental tenets of the global self-help industry.

" Byrne now lives in a Californian celebrity enclave just up the road from Oprah Winfrey’s 17-hectare, neo-Georgian estate, and the creator of the New-Age blockbuster The Secret.

"Her lawyers had just sued two of the very people who were instrumental in launching her book and film The Secret to phenomenal success. Drew Heriot, the Australian director of the movie, and Dan Hollings, an Arizona internet consultant whose “viral marketing” helped propel Byrne to global fame via Oprah, had both been demanding that Byrne pay them a share of the estimated $US300 million ($340 million) revenue they claim she’d promised them. In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, Byrne’s lawyers had counter-attacked by launching legal actions against both men in jurisdictions far from their homes, a tactic one judge has since described as vexatious and harassing.

" But now the “most powerful law in the universe” seems to have gone awry, with Byrne’s own former associates accusing her of fraud and hiring platoons of lawyers to pick apart the business machinations behind The Secret.

" If there’s a karmic backlash brewing, it’s one that even some alternative spiritual thinkers welcome. “If it is, that won’t be a bad thing,” says Paul Wilson, the Australian meditation teacher whose Calm books have become an international phenomenon. “Because the field you are talking about is New Age self-help, and there’s a lot of nonsense involved in it. A lot of it.”

"Not that Wilson doesn’t admire Byrne’s marketing genius. “I just wouldn’t want people to stake too much of their mental health on the idea that there’s an ancient secret that will save them or make them happier.”

" The full story of how Byrne turned that realisation into “the greatest success story in the annals of viral marketing” – to quote The American Spectator – is only now emerging in court papers filed in the US and Australia, and from interviews with the participants. To Byrne it’s the story of a small group of people bringing “joy to the world”; to some of those involved it’s a story of hypocrisy and ruthless double-dealing.

" The Secret had no conventional advertising, and Hollings says he devised viral marketing techniques involving Google adverts and blogs, and also helped Byrne set up her online ordering and customer-support systems. In March 2006 the movie was launched as a teaser-download linked to a $US34.95 DVD, and within weeks it had taken off. Although no verifiable figures have been published, the film was reported to have grossed nearly $20 million in its first eight months.

" The disputes about money began almost immediately. When Heriot emailed a request for payment to Byrne the day after the film’s release, she responded that he was being “unappreciative” and that they had “some serious thinking to do” – an exchange she has acknowledged in court filings.

" Bob Rainone, a Chicago-based executive from the computer and internet industry. Rainone helped Byrne create a new corporate structure around her film and on April 11 they transferred the copyright to a Hungarian company which operated out of a lawyer’s office in Budapest.

" IT WAS SHORTLY AFTER this that another dispute opened up between Byrne and Esther Hicks, a 59-year-old spiritual-medium from Utah who had been central to the film. Hicks, who tours the US speaking in the disembodied voice of a spirit entity called Abraham, publishes a range of best-selling New Age books based around the law of attraction. She narrated the film, and in an open letter on the internet has claimed that Byrne contractually agreed to pay her and her husband, Jerry, a percentage of both net profit and video sales, but then asked them to rescind the contract.

" “We received an email from the producer of The Secret lovingly explaining (we never have received correspondence from her that was anything other than extremely loving) that the contract that we had all agreed upon and signed was no longer sufficient for their further distribution of the project,” Hicks wrote in the email.

" Lawyers were called in, and the dispute threatened to derail publication of a tie-in book Byrne had contracted to write. Hicks, who had earned $500,000 from the film in just a few months, agreed to be edited out of the film after consulting her spirit entity, and in October 2006 Byrne released The Secret – Extended Edition, with the Esther Hicks segments replaced in part by similarly worded passages from other teachers.

" By February last year Byrne’s book was number one on The New York Times’ bestseller list and she had appeared before the 23 million viewers of Oprah Winfrey, whose personal endorsement launched The Secret into the sales stratosphere. “I stand in awe at the magnificent intelligence that is this universe,” Byrne told one interviewer, “as I watch it fulfil the intention of joy for billions that I held deep within my heart.”

http://www.theaustra....6b1c2376720fb9

Edited by back to earth

I question the whole idea of a law of attraction, or that we can or should or are entitled to manifest our desires, especially when those desires are egocentric, as many of them are. I am more persuaded that we get what we have earned or deserved, both in the negative and positive, and if there's some thing I really want, then I need to formulate a plan to achieve it, and work that plan.

The 'earned and deserved' part is so true. I believe that self-esteem and confidence play a huge role in who we are attracted to. If you have 0 self worth than chances are you are going to be hanging out with people who reflect how you feel about yourself(same goes for relationships). And vice versa...

Haven't watched the video yet, but I plan to.

• Like 1

I simple manipulate things to my will.

I am able to get things to go my way and get what I want.

for this I have been called a warlock and people have tried to burn me at the stake.

Stuff like life hacks, secret knowledge will always seem magical.

There's a lot people don't understand about the mind, or even how words we say,

notes we sing affect the world around us and ourselves.

It's when you tap into those powers you can influence everything around ..

and in essence.. bend the universe to your will

Positive thinking often bring about negative results.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-positive-thinking-be-negative/

I like to consider what I do more Objective thinking. Simply setting my mind to task and grinding through it with determination. I found that keeping a positive mindset made me lazy though optimistic, while a negative mindset lead to a complete lack of motivation. Where as if I have a goal that I want to achieve and strive for it with pure determination (willpower) I get the job done. Typically this is done with a neutral mindset. Neither optimistic nor pessimistic.

I think people want an easy way out and there is none. You get nothing without effort. When it comes to this type of stuff your either changing your perception of reality (tuning awareness into the intent) or altering your actions on a deeper level.

Positive thinking often bring about negative results.

http://www.scientifi...ng-be-negative/

I like to consider what I do more Objective thinking. Simply setting my mind to task and grinding through it with determination. I found that keeping a positive mindset made me lazy though optimistic, while a negative mindset lead to a complete lack of motivation. Where as if I have a goal that I want to achieve and strive for it with pure determination (willpower) I get the job done. Typically this is done with a neutral mindset. Neither optimistic nor pessimistic.

I think people want an easy way out and there is none. You get nothing without effort. When it comes to this type of stuff your either changing your perception of reality (tuning awareness into the intent) or altering your actions on a deeper level.

Quite right about this..

Whenever life is picking up by 5% , 50 to 70% comes crashing down.

Whenever i think positive with actions of course failure comes..

for this I have been called a warlock and people have tried to burn me at the stake.

" There's a lot people don't understand about the mind, or even how words we say ... "

Yes ... there certainly is !

Has anyone watched this video and succeeded in attracting what he/she wanted?

..... ?

... anyone ????

Edited by back to earth

I don't mind using custom symbolism (sigil) to implant a strong desire into my subconscious. It's just mental programming and marketing groups have done this for years. I just can't expect reality to deliver me a bag of cash that just magically appears on my kitchen table. That's just delusional. Now if I saw myself earning a lot of money over a year, I might find my thoughts and actions shift in that direction. Which would bring about that intent. I would dare to even say that through the use of proper techniques your setting a subconscious goal. You can even change core beliefs if your smart about it. Thing is that these new beliefs must be reinforced. Any intention set much be acted upon. It all start with two things intent and willpower. Because you can intend to do the dishes all day long and never do them. Unless you engage your will to act. Nothing mystical about it at all. It can seem that why sometimes.

Willpower is just a firm resolve needed to make a goal happen. Even something a doing just 10 pushups a day for 4 weeks. There's no real benefit, but to do them because you set yourself a goal. This is what strengthens willpower. This is why so many people fail at new years resolutions as well. There don't have their "heart" into it. To truly manifest you must absolutely want what you desire. To the point were it's a motive force within you.

Okay I watched the video,nice bunch of cute sayings.If you want to succeed you need to research ,modify and adapt,it doesn't happen without hard work and moderate living.Yes one needs to put their mind in a determined state,but you need to arm yourself with the tools that you need to attain your goal or your just feeding a fantasy and find failure.

jmccr8

I believe I do understand all of the above.I also believe the universe is not ours to bend to our will. Even if we could, should we? There are greater forces working much larger than one individual, and if we can affect the universe it should be for some higher or greater purpose than self-gratification or enriching one's self. If one does have such great power, it would be squandered by focusing on one's own wants instead of helping achieve a greater good for a larger number of people.

My objection to "The Secret" is that is focuses on human greed, as if the universe were some kind of eternal Santa Clause. There was little of "we" in it, just the notion that we can manifest whatever we want, without exploring the responsibility that goes along with that.

Edited by Beany

Just my own two cents from my small dabble with this from when I was younger.

So when I was like 16 I read some book that was about this and it was like make a list of the things you want concentrate on it in some weird meditative way and then the list will start appearing in your life in random ways. Written from most likely to least likely to happen. And it was suppose to happen in that order

So I remembered that at a younger age then I was at the time my mom use to buy this delicious butter top cake bread and then one day randomly stopped. So that was the first on my list. And I made the point to never mention the cake.just think. So then one day a month or so after the cake showed up. I asked her why she bought it and she was just like it looked good.

Then I got bored with the whole thing and it wasn't until years later at like 19 that I randomly started thinking about it again. And I was like I wonder if it was some random fluke. So lo and behold I decided to try it again and acouple weeks later when I was visiting home my mom randomly bought that butter top cake again for the first time since I was 16.

So idk how accurate this law of attraction thing is but there is my 2 cents story

Edit: edit to add that iv never seen that specific cake again since that time at 19

Edited by spartan max2

Just my own two cents from my small dabble with this from when I was younger.

So when I was like 16 I read some book that was about this and it was like make a list of the things you want concentrate on it in some weird meditative way and then the list will start appearing in your life in random ways. Written from most likely to least likely to happen. And it was suppose to happen in that order

So I remembered that at a younger age then I was at the time my mom use to buy this delicious butter top cake bread and then one day randomly stopped. So that was the first on my list. And I made the point to never mention the cake.just think. So then one day a month or so after the cake showed up. I asked her why she bought it and she was just like it looked good.

Then I got bored with the whole thing and it wasn't until years later at like 19 that I randomly started thinking about it again. And I was like I wonder if it was some random fluke. So lo and behold I decided to try it again and acouple weeks later when I was visiting home my mom randomly bought that butter top cake again for the first time since I was 16.

So idk how accurate this law of attraction thing is but there is my 2 cents story

Edit: edit to add that iv never seen that specific cake again since that time at 19

The cake thingy happened before..

I also had a craving for some snow cake one night..

The next day my dad bought it.

After that he never bought..

But how about more major wishes?

The cake thingy happened before..

I also had a craving for some snow cake one night..

The next day my dad bought it.

After that he never bought..

But how about more major wishes?

Unfortunately after the cake I just stopped with the whole thing. Laziness I lost interest in the expierment.

Edited by spartan max2

Unfortunately after the cake I just stopped with the whole thing. Laziness I lost interest in the expierment.

Experiment with the major one and get back to us. :D

I might. Could be fun to give it another whirl lol

Here is the funny thing about thought based intention-manifestation, if you believe in a collective unconscious then it's a type of mental suggestion. I've had times when I'd think about something and it would occur. The problem I had was I wanted consistence. So I'd do it over and over again. Having similar results each time. I don't think it's the universe we influence, I think it's ourselves and those who would assist our intent. External influence seems to be exceedingly hard. If it wasn't I'd think we all would be telekinetically moving objects with our minds. But having those random moments were your thinking about something, and someone near you asked you what you said, makes you wonder.

Perhaps if you've ever noticed that if your in a bad mood first thing in the morning your day goes that way. Change your thoughts, change Your world.