Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush Pulls Top Security Agent From Scuffle

DC09

SANTIAGO, Chile - President Bush stepped into the middle of a confrontation and pulled his lead Secret Service agent away from Chilean security officials who barred his bodyguards from entering an elegant dinner for 21 world leaders Saturday night.

Several Chilean and American agents got into a pushing and shoving match outside the cultural center where the dinner was held. The incident happened after Bush and his wife, Laura, had just posed for pictures on a red carpet with the host of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, Chilean President Ricardo Lagos and his wife, Luisa Duran.

As Bush stepped inside, Chilean agents closed ranks at the door, blocking the president's agents from following. Stopping for more pictures, Bush noticed the fracas and turned back. He reached through the dispute and pulled his agent from the scrum and into the building.

The president, looking irritated, straightened his shirt cuffs as he went into the dinner. The incident was shown on APEC television.

"Chilean security tried to stop the president's Secret Service from accompanying him," said White House deputy press secretary Claire Buchan. "He told them they were with him and the issue was resolved."

Article

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• DC09

• AztecInca

• Mad Manfred

Top Posters In This Topic

SANTIAGO, Chile - President Bush stepped into the middle of a confrontation and pulled his lead Secret Service agent away from Chilean security officials who barred his bodyguards from entering an elegant dinner for 21 world leaders Saturday night.

Several Chilean and American agents got into a pushing and shoving match outside the cultural center where the dinner was held. The incident happened after Bush and his wife, Laura, had just posed for pictures on a red carpet with the host of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, Chilean President Ricardo Lagos and his wife, Luisa Duran.

As Bush stepped inside, Chilean agents closed ranks at the door, blocking the president's agents from following. Stopping for more pictures, Bush noticed the fracas and turned back. He reached through the dispute and pulled his agent from the scrum and into the building.

The president, looking irritated, straightened his shirt cuffs as he went into the dinner. The incident was shown on APEC television.

"Chilean security tried to stop the president's Secret Service from accompanying him," said White House deputy press secretary Claire Buchan. "He told them they were with him and the issue was resolved."

Article

366602[/snapback]

Well, instead of b****ing and whining about it feel comfortable knowing that security is very tight.

Well isn`t it great seeing that different security agencies from different countries cant work together and be reasonable with one another!

Well, instead of b****ing and whining about it feel comfortable knowing that security is very tight.

i think the total lack of cooperation is a bigger worry

If a given country hasn't taken into consideration a visiting dignitaries's personal security force (to say nothing of the president of a major global superpower), then I would indeed worry about the security being offered.

I got to agree with aquatus on this. Very proud to see Bush take command.

Edited by Babs

This really bothers me...it made me winch when I read that they closed in and isolated Bush from our agents. I was worried about our president.

Not good, not good at all.

True but he showed how tough he was too just reached in there and pulled him back in lol

Kellalor...found more on CNN. I wrote to Wolf Blitzer about this subject after I saw you post it. original.gif

here

Makes me wonder if someone was up to no good. You think that they would let his bodyguards go with him without question. Seems fishy to me. disgust.gifph34r.gif

cool.gif lol. i saw this on the news this morning cool.gif