Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Uri Geller Experience

Ozfactor

This is a fun experience I had 10 years ago . I had just finished reading a book about Uri Geller and at the start or at the ending of the book ( I can't recall ) it states after reading the book you will experience something involving a watch and or a key .

That very next morning after reading the book, a work friend came up to me asking to help him look for a key he had put down and could not find, it was to unlock a security door so he could go in and do his job, without the key, he could not get in and was panicked the key was lost . After we frantically searched every where and not finding the key , I told him he would have to report the key as lost and contact someone to come and open the door . We both knew it would not be good , losing a security key . He looked down at his watch and blue tacked onto his watch was the key , he had stuck it there so he wouldn't lose it .

It took me the whole day before I realized that I had just had a watch and a key experience .

I always believe in Uri Geller now , I can remember as a kid sitting in front of the television and telling my family to be quite so I could rub the broken watch and have it magically fixed by Uri Geller , and when I saw him melt spoons , I secretly fell in love with him .

But I did go through a few years of not believing . Having the watch and key experience, made me a believer again .

Did anyone else have a positive experience with Uri Geller ?

• Like 1

Okay, I am almost ashamed to admit this, given he has shown himself to be at the very least highly questionable if not outright fraudulent with some of his tricks and shannanigans but you asked and I do have a story to tell, so I won't deny him that.

It would have been at least 22 years ago. At the time, I had a border living with me - Danny, who was the fiance of a dear friend of mine. He was a very good person, mechanically practical and did a lot of work around the house and on my car without being asked just because he took care of those around him.

Anyway, I had bought the Thriller VHS - Michael Jackson and for some reason, it simply would not play. We were flummoxed, we tried several other VHS and they worked fine. Also, I had already watched this once at a friend's place and knew the VHS should be just fine.

Danny was determined to fix it, so he basically took it apart, rewound it, cleaned the VHS player, you name it, he did it and it just would not play.

At the same time, the currently Weekly magazine I was reading had an article on Uri Geller. Included was a "yellow" dot. The ink used and printed into the magazine had supposedly been worked with by Uri and if you placed your finger on the yellow dot and your other hand on whatever you wanted fixed, it would be fixed.

So, after much frustration and a few laughs at how ridiculous it was that the VHS would not play I jokingly said something along the lines of "oh well, extreme problems need extreme solutions" and grabbed the VHS and put my finger on the dot and concentrated. I was greeted with the usual "you idiot" type remarks and more laughter.

Nonetheless, I proceeded and put the VHS in the player and hit play. Suddenly, there was dead silence in the room. The bleeping VHS played just fine.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 3

Uri Gellar has admitted to not being psychic is and to being nothing but a magician.

As for the book, it's just a cool reading technique, like if I told you that you have a scar on your knee.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

Uri Gellar has admitted to not being psychic is and to being nothing but a magician.

As for the book, it's just a cool reading technique, like if I told you that you have a scar on your knee.

Which knee ?
  • Like 1

Upon further reading, several years after admithing that he is just a magician, gellar again claimed to have powers.

That's pretty sad considering that spoon/key bending was one of the first magic tricks I learned. When I was 8.

• Like 3

This is a fun experience I had 10 years ago . I had just finished reading a book about Uri Geller and at the start or at the ending of the book ( I can't recall ) it states after reading the book you will experience something involving a watch and or a key .

That very next morning after reading the book, a work friend came up to me asking to help him look for a key he had put down and could not find, it was to unlock a security door so he could go in and do his job, without the key, he could not get in and was panicked the key was lost . After we frantically searched every where and not finding the key , I told him he would have to report the key as lost and contact someone to come and open the door . We both knew it would not be good , losing a security key . He looked down at his watch and blue tacked onto his watch was the key , he had stuck it there so he wouldn't lose it .

It took me the whole day before I realized that I had just had a watch and a key experience .

I always believe in Uri Geller now , I can remember as a kid sitting in front of the television and telling my family to be quite so I could rub the broken watch and have it magically fixed by Uri Geller , and when I saw him melt spoons , I secretly fell in love with him .

But I did go through a few years of not believing . Having the watch and key experience, made me a believer again .

I just thought about that a few days ago.

I had a watch which I had since a few weeks (new), it was a present. To wind up the watch you just had to wear it. Additionally the normal thingy was there too. It stopped working and at the shop (of this brand)- they said I had to send it in.

(Since it was a present it was checked and known it didn't work anymore - everyone had a try if their skill or suggestion would work. ;) )

The show was on TV and I thought 'why not' and followed the instructions.

To my surprise it worked again - still does 20 years later. It was from my back then boyfriend and I kept it only bc of this experience.

I don't wear watches anymore - but from time to time I take it out and check if its still working :yes:

Makes me smile every time I think about it.

• Like 2

So basically he predicted that you would have an experience with two of the most common items on the planet. Wow, that's simply amazing.

I myself have multiple "experiences" with both items on a daily basis. In fact, I'm having "experiences" with both items as I type this.

Now, if he the book had said you were going to have an experience with a "short, one-legged, Asian man playing a flute" and you did, then I would be impressed.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

So basically he predicted that you would have an experience with two of the most common items on the planet. Wow, that's simply amazing.

I myself have multiple "experiences" with both items on a daily basis. In fact, I'm having "experiences" with both items as I type this.

Now, if he the book had said you were going to have an experience with a "short, one-legged, Asian man playing a flute" and you did, then I would be impressed.

Like he cares if you are impressed or not . It was an amazing experience for me , too bad you are not impressed, but like Uri , I just don't care ~ all out of give a ****s today

Like he cares if you are impressed or not . It was an amazing experience for me , too bad you are not impressed, but like Uri , I just don't care ~ all out of give a ****s today

Confirmation bias can do that to you.

You what I find to be an amazing Uri experience? When James Randi and Johnny Carson handed him his ass on national television 30 years ago. How he is even still a thing after that is beyond me.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote to Uri and requested an autographed postcard because on the radio he said he would answer all requests.

After a week or so I got a postcard with his pic on the front and his signature on the front to me saying, "To Douglas,

My best wishes to you from Uri Geller". The next day in the mailbox was another post card from Uri with the same best wishes message and signed Uri Geller and at the bottom said, "I can't remember if I sent you a pic, here is another one".

Okay so he doesn't have a great memory or cannot psychically recall~ too funny... I have both postcardson my bureau to show friends. These are dated NOV 5, 1999 and the cards have book recommendations, quotes, 6 new book listings and where they are available...

I also have to admit hearing of an astronaut getting a specific lost pin back when he was walking and talking with Uri... amazing (but not like Kreskin!)

Edited by rodman2005
  • Like 2

You what I find to be an amazing Uri experience? When James Randi and Johnny Carson handed him his ass on national television 30 years ago. How he is even still a thing after that is beyond me.

What happened 30 years ago with Uri and the other 2 men ?

I wrote to Uri and requested an autographed postcard because on the radio he said he would answer all requests.

After a week or so I got a postcard with his pic on the front and his signature on the front to me saying, "To Douglas,

My best wishes to you from Uri Geller". The next day in the mailbox was another post card from Uri with the same best wishes message and signed Uri Geller and at the bottom said, "I can't remember if I sent you a pic, here is another one".

Okay so he doesn't have a great memory or cannot psychically recall~ too funny... I have both postcardson my bureau to show friends. These are dated NOV 5, 1999 and the cards have book recommendations, quotes, 6 new book listings and where they are available...

I also have to admit hearing of an astronaut getting a specific lost pin back when he was walking and talking with Uri... amazing (but not like Kreskin!)

Great story , I had a similar experience too, but not with Uri , with an Australian author , wrote me a 4 page letter full of sexual exploits and even an outline of his c*** ! .. All I did was write and tell him we were studying him in high school ! .. I never responded , I still have the letter, when he dies I will put it on ebay .

What happened 30 years ago with Uri and the other 2 men ?

He was baisically debunked. The original footage on on youtube somewhere I think.

Randi's more or less a professional debunker

Great story , I had a similar experience too, but not with Uri , with an Australian author , wrote me a 4 page letter full of sexual exploits and even an outline of his c*** ! .. All I did was write and tell him we were studying him in high school ! .. I never responded , I still have the letter, when he dies I will put it on ebay .

...You should probably turn that in to the police.

• Like 2

He was baisically debunked. The original footage on on youtube somewhere I think.

I should clarify it was not High School , it was Tafe and I was in my early 20s studying my HSC .

• 1 year later...

Hal Puthoff Ph.D. laser patent owner with psychic Ingo Swann persuaded the CIA to spend $20 million to invent the term 'remote viewing'.

He told me that in an interview with the Less-Than-Amazing Randi (born Zwinge) that Randi admitted to 28 lies in his book 'Flim Flam'.

In subsequent pintings of the Flim Flam book he failed to make corrections.

My salesman told me he helped Randi from committing suicide in 1952 when he realized he was a homosexual. He also told me Randi worked as a carney in the circus and led the elephants in Peterborough, Ontario.

He told me that he got the idea of a reward for a number in his safe from having stolen the answer to a live radio quiz show broadcast in 1952 and didn't pay his 3 pals who he commandeered to help him win the prize. Randi managed to win the prize himself.

And so on!!

21 minutes ago, vpflet1 said:

Hal Puthoff Ph.D. laser patent owner with psychic Ingo Swann persuaded the CIA to spend $20 million to invent the term 'remote viewing'.

He told me that in an interview with the Less-Than-Amazing Randi (born Zwinge) that Randi admitted to 28 lies in his book 'Flim Flam'.

So.. rather than quote the lies so we can verify that and determine how serious they were, you'd rather tell several anecdotes and offer personal insults about someone who was really only mentioned in passing on this thread.  Was there something about Randi's interactions with Geller you'd like to raise?

Nice way to start your career at UM, vpflet1!  Welcome - can't wait to see your ongoing 'contributions'..  and so on..

Here, just for you:

• Like 6

On 1/7/2015 at 2:05 AM, Rafterman said:

It is a little amazing that anyone would still give him the time of day. The positive descriptions almost sound like a bit of adoration in there, which make me want to throw up in my mouth. 

On 1/7/2015 at 2:05 AM, Rafterman said:

Loved that, Uri's best work ;) 

Ohh, but ..... it wont work just right now

• Like 3

On 24/1/2015 at 0:37 PM, Skep B said:

OHHHHH, well then...still creepy.

I guess it depends what Ozfactor sent to him first?...

On 24/1/2015 at 11:43 AM, Ozfactor said:

Can you pretty please show us the letter you sent him, and the letter he sent back (The PG rated redacted versions would be preferable; gotta respect the forum rules!)?

Edited by Timonthy
Second quote addes.

13 hours ago, Timonthy said:

I guess it depends what Ozfactor sent to him first?...

Can you pretty please show us the letter you sent him, and the letter he sent back (The PG rated redacted versions would be preferable; gotta respect the forum rules!)?

I agree with Skep B, that should be with the Police now, who knows how many such a twisted creep might have approached in the meantime! Now is the perfect time what with Bill and Rolf destroying our youthful memories! If he really did that, he should be named and shamed. Men like that cretin give men as a whole a bad name, he should be brought to justice. 

But then again, I find this adulation for Uri Geller pretty creepy too. How people can find such disgraceful underhanded values attractive is bewildering but we are not exactly a logical species as Spock would attest. Even Manson still has idiots adoring his sickness. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2015 at 9:22 AM, Ozfactor said:
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2015 at 9:17 AM, Skep B said:

I should clarify it was not High School , it was Tafe and I was in my early 20s studying my HSC .

which tafe.. sounds like a old lecturer I used to work with lol

On 10/5/2016 at 4:23 AM, vpflet1 said:

I call BS on this.

• Like 2