Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun attack on French magazine kills 12

George Ford

I would just like to point out, john kerry did not say it, it was a muslim imam who did, Kerry just brought it up and agreed with it.

We have many a friendly muslim in the western world, but a very large majority who did not want to live within the western laws and society. There are many young muslims born here in England, only a few are heading off to Syria or Afghanistan, but many here do not see themselves as westerners first, they see themselves as muslims and that comes first, all well and good in a muslim country!!! = ==but NOT in a Western country. Nothing against with people following their religious beliefs, but they have to respect that not everyone agree and you can not try and enforce it and ask people to accept things which are not acceptable in their general life, let alone religious. This is what many of the muslims are trying to do...yes, even your "good" muslim. They want US to change our views and accept theirs, this is always going to cause a problem.

We have twitter where people are taking people to court for something someone said, and here we have muslims shooting people because of what someone drew?? Our world is getting madder by the day!

I am a westerner, I believe in free speech and I will live beside anyone who does not ask me to change my lifestyle because their religious belief does not like it!!

Saying that I would not mock someones religion, but I would speak out against it if it involved barbaric and anti western laws. These journalists were murdered in their western country, not in a muslim country. There is no excuse for the islamic murderers to do what they have done, if they do not like the western lifestyle, then go to a muslim country...do not get your guns out and start shooting people FFS!!!

They could have taken the magazine to court if they had a grievance, but no! thats far too civilized for them!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 5

Brother, Charlie Hebdo is a satire magazine. You either get it and laugh about it, or you don't and ignore it. This magazine does not harm anyone, and satire is one of the basic principles of free speech.

I know , what I am saying is not everyone feels or felt or will feel the same way ~ and this is not the first instance with this confrontational clash of values ~ you say they have a right to express themselves in such a manner then these idiots will also claims such rights of 'expression' ~ you light a match next to the tinder often enough things tends to get where they goes ~

Don't make excuses for them. There is no way drawing a picture of anything deserves death. You can't expect everyone to share your beliefs and you can't murder people for insulting you. Remember the artist that put Jesus in a jar of feces and urine? That is 10 times more offensive than any cartoon drawn of Mohamed but no Christians ever tried to kill him.

I am not making excuses ~ neither do I claim the moral soap box of declaring how I act or behave should be the standard measuring stick of how I expect others to behave ~ what I am saying is they makes their stand along those lines challenging for something to cross the line then someone would definitely and will charge it ~ the lines here being vague as they are ~ abortionist clinics are bombed and doctors shot at ~ Presidents assassinated , its all part and parcel of the same mural ~

~ you say the express themselves, they say the express themselves ~ you say here is the freedom they say freedom is over there ~ it solves nothing and leads to no end

These maniacs just want an all-out religious war, and to be honest with the way things are going, it's likely they'll eventually get it.

The only way I see it being prevented is for Muslims around the world to get their house in order with regards to the extremist elements in their midst, and for Muslim communities in the West to start adopting the values and laws of the nations in which they live, and not expecting nations to change for them.

if only it could happen , but the bigger picture says otherwise.

@Thirdeye . do you really see it that way ? everyone is different but there is a golden rule that is in us all. it should be in us all.

• Like 1

Brother, Charlie Hebdo is a satire magazine. You either get it and laugh about it, or you don't and ignore it. This magazine does not harm anyone, and satire is one of the basic principles of free speech.

Hadn't you noticed before? This guy ALWAYS finds excuses for even the most vicious behavior of these scum. I pray for those killed here and I hope that magazines and news papers all over the continent - indeed, the free world - will publish all the cartoons and other pieces that these scum found so "offensive". As if killing another human being could ever be justified because a person was "offended" by them. They are like malignant, maladjusted children with weapons and they should be put down like the vicious animals they have shown themselves to be. I believe such attacks as these will become common in Europe and eventually even in the US as these jihadi wannabes come back from their adventures abroad in Syria and the wider region. As bad as this is it may have finally awakened the French to the fact that the west is at war - not just America. You stand and fight this plague or it WILL consume you.
  • Like 1

~snip

They could have taken the magazine to court if they had a grievance, but no! thats far too civilized for them!

THe courts will not entertain it as far as things goes ~ this Magazine has made it a Crusade of profit flying the flag of targeted ridicules against this specific segment of idiots ~

On the other side perhaps it would be entertaining if all these immigrants take on becoming the whole stereotyped quirky French who has been out in the sun a bit too long speaking perfection Voulez vous parlez Francais sucking on escargo over a nice glass of white wine but I think we already have too much of those at the movies ~

~

@Thirdeye . do you really see it that way ? everyone is different but there is a golden rule that is in us all. it should be in us all.

That's the point ~ everyone is different ~ its all the same shade of mental blindness ~ the riots over in the US with the Law Enforcement Departments

Here the lines are drawn a little differently but its essentially the same tunes ~

~ edit : double post by pass

Edited by third_eye

I know , what I am saying is not everyone feels or felt or will feel the same way ~ and this is not the first instance with this confrontational clash of values ~ you say they have a right to express themselves in such a manner then these idiots will also claims such rights of 'expression' ~ you light a match next to the tinder often enough things tends to get where they goes ~

On the one side you have a legal right, on the other hand you have a few psychotic vigilantes who claim to have a right. I'd rather express myself and be under a threat than giving up my rights to these inhuman freaks. They don't scare me. And they don't scare the cartoonists either.

• Like 2

On the one side you have a legal right, on the other hand you have a few psychotic vigilantes who claim to have a right. I'd rather express myself and be under a threat than giving up my rights to these inhuman freaks. They don't scare me. And they don't scare the cartoonists either.

This here is how we over this side of the East sees things differently ~ outside the fishbowl as it were ~

I am not saying who is right or wrong or who is at fault or who is evil or who scares who ~ that to us here is just ridiculous ~ they play it like they do because they moved the plate to where it is now ~ is there justification anywhere ? No ... those killed this day were caught in the causal related events that were decided long ago ~ these murderers didn't just woke up this morning and decided to go out and shoot up some people just because they woke up ... what I am saying is that many are as responsible for things ending up the way it tragically has today ~ and now the law has to clean up the mess ~ and the people has to bear with the burden of having this tragic event among the so so many lately burned into memories for as long as we live ~ we are the real victims here man ~ 'we' ... all of us , regardless of faith beliefs race culture nationality etc etc ~

My question is what did we do to deserve this ~ or more accurately , what did we not do right to have to be subjected to all this ?

~

I certainly hope you are correct. This event should galvanize the press in general to be unflinching in it's reporting of scum such as this. These people want to bring a great darkness to our world - a darkness where only THEY make the rules as they go along - kind of like their esteemed prophet did in his life. It will take many such events as these to finally bring the general population around to the fact that we are truly in a struggle for freedom and that the casualties will not be "over there" somewhere but right around the corner or even in one's own street. I would rather die than try to live with the boot of these pedophile murdering butchers on my neck. The Imam locally where this happened said all the right things and I was impressed by him - he seemed genuine. This need not turn into a general war against the religious aspect of Islam. But Islam isn't just a religion. It seeks to dominate every aspect of life for it's adherents and to dominate those who will not "submit" as well. I say to hell with them!
  • Like 2

Before he was burned, a priest asked him if he would accept Jesus and go to heaven. Las Casas recalled the reaction of the chief: [Hatuey], thinking a little, asked the religious man if Spaniards went to heaven. The religious man answered yes... The chief then said without further thought that he did not want to go there but to hell so as not to be where they were and where he would not see such cruel people. This is the name and honor that God and our faith have earned.[4]

... yawn ~

`

Absolutely sickening....

If seeder sees this post...I have been looking for that video you posted once about the percentages of muslims in different

countries and the increase in violence...if I remember right France had a percentage that upped the violence a notch higher than

in Britain....could you post that video again if you know the one I'm talking about...it started off saying that Islam is not a religion

but a social and political system glued together by religious obedience...?...something like that....

Ive replied to Bee directly, unfortunately folks I do not remember the vid mentioned, but now Im reading this thread something may spark a memory off

This here is how we over this side of the East sees things differently ~ outside the fishbowl as it were ~

I am not saying who is right or wrong or who is at fault or who is evil or who scares who ~ that to us here is just ridiculous ~ they play it like they do because they moved the plate to where it is now ~ is there justification anywhere ? No ... those killed this day were caught in the causal related events that were decided long ago ~ these murderers didn't just woke up this morning and decided to go out and shoot up some people just because they woke up ... what I am saying is that many are as responsible for things ending up the way it tragically has today ~ and now the law has to clean up the mess ~ and the people has to bear with the burden of having this tragic event among the so so many lately burned into memories for as long as we live ~ we are the real victims here man ~ 'we' ... all of us , regardless of faith beliefs race culture nationality etc etc ~

My question is what did we do to deserve this ~ or more accurately , what did we not do right to have to be subjected to all this ?

~

The thing is: We are not in the East. This has to be comprehended by these pricks. They have to accept how we live. There is no other way to see this.

What do you think about it? These people kill in the name of your religion. People like you should go for a change. Start the reformation your religions need so very much. These guys drag your religion down. Wake up, buddy - that cannot be good for you.

• Like 5

And they don't scare the cartoonists either.

I'll bet you're wrong. The magazine will go out of business and no publisher in France will risk the lives of their employees just for the sake of poking islam in the eye.

I'll bet you're wrong. The magazine will go out of business and no publisher in France will risk the lives of their employees just for the sake of poking islam in the eye.

There are more magazines than this one. That Charlie Hebdo may go out of business is understandable. And I wasn't only talking about France, as if these guys would care about countries anyway.

• Like 1

There are more magazines than this one. That Charlie Hebdo may go out of business is understandable. And I wasn't only talking about France, as if these guys would care about countries anyway.

I honestly can't think of one publication in the USA that mocks Islam in this way, is there any in Germany?

The thing is: We are not in the East. This has to be comprehended by these pricks. They have to accept how we live. There is no other way to see this.

What do you think about it? These people kill in the name of your religion. People like you should go for a change. Start the reformation your religions need so very much. These guys drag your religion down. Wake up, buddy - that cannot be good for you.

Not saying that it makes any difference East or West ~ we do things differently here ~ especially with all things culture, tradition and religion ~ not saying that the West copies what is done but 'tolerance' without acceptance means nothing ~ for them to accept how you live ( they do , they hardly have any say , so they have to) they must also have acceptance of how they live ~ and if not ~ then it will take time ~ you don't click a button and things will all change colors and themes ~ its not that kind of program ~

People kill in the name of all kinds of religion , and its not my religion ... I live and eat and drink with Muslims everyday ~ and Moderates will always be moderates ~ if moderates recommends killing to solve problems then I doubt they're moderates.

And Muslims are condemning all of it ~ extremism ~ to the E ~ but things have to change too to help make the connection ... extremist response will put moderates at peril as it is being seen so clearly with what is happening now over 'there' ~

its not good for anybody , not us ... not for the future ~ and that means the kiddy tots that is growing up today ~ if the world keeps this up its just going to drag on and mess up the world for the kids , our kids , everybody's ...

~ edit : I need sleeps ..

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

I honestly can't think of one publication in the USA that mocks Islam in this way, is there any in Germany?

What about this one? Biggest satire magazine in Germany. It says Religions in comparison.

Edit: Oh, and Charlie Hebdo uses this kind of humour for everything they do, and it's not that they'd pick on Islam in particular.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1

message to the anonymous hackers. Pls go hack all the extremists websites and place a mocking picture on their front pages. They can kill and scare one business into silence maybe, but we know what the web is like, I bet anti Muslim cartoonists are furiously creating some mocking images up.

They are getting out of hand. A chill went down my spine when the 'Muslim Patrol' started going round Londons streets at nights, lecturing those who were drinking, insulting white girls whose short skirts showed their legs off, attacking homosexuals... Boy, in my day Id have filled my car with a few mates as a hit squad and gone out looking for them..

Ive still got my strength too, but who do we fight? The few radicalized nutters or the whole damned religion which spawns them?

And they wonder why WE have groups like EDL?

http://www.englishdefenceleague.org/

ETA: On the EDL website is this

The French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo was no stranger to attacks from Muslim radicals. At the beginning of November 2011, it survived having its Paris offices destroyed by a petrol bomb, a day after it named the Prophet Mohammed as its “editor-in-chief” for that week’s edition.

How many signs saying ‘Behead those who insult Mohammed’ have to be paraded on our streets before our politicians take notice? How many lone wolf attacks have to take place before the authorities admit that wolves attack in packs?

In the words of French politician Philip Cordery: “Not only France, the whole of Europe is in shock today because by doing this horrendous act, the terrorists are once again attacking one of the important symbols of freedom, which is freedom of the press...”.

Like a join-the-dots puzzle, with attacks in Australia, Mumbai, Baghdad, London, New York, Boston and now Paris, how many more need to take place before someone calls attention to the drawing – not of a cartoon – but the hideous face of Islam? :tu:

http://www.englishde...reets-of-paris/

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

message to the anonymous hackers. Pls go hack all the extremists websites and place a mocking picture on their front pages. They can kill and scare one business into silence maybe, but we know what the web is like, I bet anti Muslim cartoonists are furiously creating some mocking images up.

They are getting out of hand. A chill went down my spine when the 'Muslim Patrol' started going round Londons streets at nights, lecturing those who were drinking, insulting white girls whose short skirts showed their legs off, attacking homosexuals... Boy, in my day Id have filled my car with a few mates as a hit squad and gone out looking for them..

Ive still got my strength too, but who do we fight? The few radicalized nutters or the whole damned religion which spawns them?

ETA: On the EDL website is this

The French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo was no stranger to attacks from Muslim radicals. At the beginning of November 2011, it survived having its Paris offices destroyed by a petrol bomb, a day after it named the Prophet Mohammed as its “editor-in-chief” for that week’s edition.

How many signs saying ‘Behead those who insult Mohammed’ have to be paraded on our streets before our politicians take notice? How many lone wolf attacks have to take place before the authorities admit that wolves attack in packs?

In the words of French politician Philip Cordery: “Not only France, the whole of Europe is in shock today because by doing this horrendous act, the terrorists are once again attacking one of the important symbols of freedom, which is freedom of the press...”.

Like a join-the-dots puzzle, with attacks in Australia, Mumbai, Baghdad, London, New York, Boston and now Paris, how many more need to take place before someone calls attention to the drawing – not of a cartoon – but the hideous face of Islam?

http://www.englishde...reets-of-paris/

You have to wonder what the effect will be in France. I'm not that familiar with French politics, but I know the National Front already have a significant share of the vote.

• Like 2

What are the chances once the identity of these terrorists is announced, they will have been known to the security service but deemed not a serious threat. Just like all the others who where on Radar, but due to some fear the security services don't act, even though all the warning signs where there, in the coming days no doubt things will unravel, But our biggest weakness which is the terrorists strength is this age of political correctness, multiculturalism etc. the pendulum as swung to far in the wrong direction, you can be an inclusive society without kowtowing.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 7

So does your belief that the pendulum has swung too far in one direction indicate that you believe that sooner or later it will swing too far in the other direction? It wouldn't surprise me in the least personally.

• Like 2

We do have a German division of the EDL here, its the GDL. But same setup as in England, means they are dedicated to the ultra right wing

and with its bald squallers. But from a neutral point of view and looking at the EDLs FAQs section on their HP i have to say that I agree with

all of the points listed there and these points clearly state what I`m missing here in my homecountry`s politics and I also blame the moderate

Muslims community here for their inactivities as well, what I call a kind of acceptance by omission.

• Like 6

You have to wonder what the effect will be in France. I'm not that familiar with French politics, but I know the National Front already have a significant share of the vote.

We will have to wait and see. Funny enough, there have been at least 4 terrorists incidents in France throughout December, which, while televised on the news, just seemed to slip by forum chat.

• Like 1

We do have a German division of the EDL here, its the GDL. But same setup as in England, means they are dedicated to the ultra right wing

and with its bald squallers. But from a neutral point of view and looking at the EDLs FAQs section on their HP i have to say that I agree with

all of the points listed there and these points clearly state what I`m missing here in my homecountry`s politics and I also blame the moderate

Muslims community here for their inactivities as well, what I call a kind of acceptance by omission.

I think it tosses around with a lot of shallow words like "extremism", which has a different meaning ofr a lot of people. I would say, for instance, that the EDL is extremism as well.

Also, I do not really know how a nation could "outline a convincing strategy for defeating Islamic extremism". How do you do that? And why not defeating any other kind of extremism?

These are people that found one enemy, Islam, who has to be defeated. That cannot be the right way.

Oh my God! that was so evil. I hate guns ! but I'm not saying that because I'm against good people owning them . I just hate them . To hear them go off in that link you provided is pierecing. I hate them.

Not France, but next door in Germany there is already a massive anti-islamist movement called 'Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West (PEGIDA). One of the most recent marches was around 18,000 people in the city of Dresden. This is a growth from only a few hundred back in October 2014. Ignorant brainwashed lefty hippies are calling this peaceful protest group Nazi's or 'Pinstipe Nazi's'. Some ultra liberal clowns even call them racist, even though Islam is not a race. I say call them what you want, but PEGIDA feel threatened and have every right to protest in a peaceful manner for their tradition and values etc.

I would imagine PEGIDA will now gain massive momentum across France and the rest of Europe.

UKIP in the UK, which most people thought was going to be a storm in a teacup, are now a very serious contender to run the country, a lot of their growth has come from a general anti-Islam sentiment from the general public. They are now so powerful that the Prime Minister David Cameron has twice refused to rule out a joint leadership deal in the future. Where only a few weeks ago the muppet was denouncing UKIP as a 'bunch of fruitcakes' and 'closet racists', now it seems that Davids policy on pretty much anything is to wait to see what UKIP have to say and then come up with his own partially plagiarized version of that.

All of this has also unfortunately added to the continued rise in numbers of the ever growing neo-Nazi movement across not just Germany but the entire of Europe.

Edited by George Ford
  • Like 6