Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious booms rattle homes in Oklahoma

UM-Bot

Scientists have been attempting to determine what has been causing the spate of unexplained explosions.

Residents of central Oklahoma reported hearing loud noises on Thursday and Friday as the region was rocked by a series of booming sounds that rattled homes and startled livestock.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/276727/mysterious-booms-rattle-homes-in-oklahoma

• Like 1

Maybe it's the military building more underground bases....if it were true...they still would try to keep it a secret...

• Like 2

Fracking maybe? That has been causing a lot of problems, are they fracking in the area?

Fracking maybe? That has been causing a lot of problems, are they fracking in the area?

The header states that it was unlikely to have been caused by drilling or fracking.

From the article...

No earthquakes have been recorded in the area, Holland said, noting that "we would have seen them on our seismic stations in the area." And it's unlikely that it's due to a drilling process known as fracking, he said, because the booms were heard and felt over a wide area including Norman, Edmond and Shawnee.

Holland's best guess: It must have been something just above the surface of the earth or in the atmosphere.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-01-mysterious-booms-rattle-homes-livestock.html#jCp

Curious as to cause. Sonic booms? Jeeze, who knows.

How close to any mine workings are the areas effected? Where I live, a few years back now, we had something similar that was attributed to collapsing mineshafts/ workings due to the fact that good chunk of the Lothian district is riddled with mines.

I hope its not the North Koreans and their new Nuclear Ambition Moratorium ~

1. Underground nuke testing.

2. Dynamite.

3. Mole people.

i think it's pretty obvious that the first two aren't likely.

Therefore, by process of elimination, we have the answer.

All hail The Mole People!

• Like 1

Maybe it was cannons. I'm only half joking with this. We have a couple neighbors that fire off cannons sometimes and first time I heard them it was freaky- and on occasion they rattle our windows, even though they aren't terribly close. Or maybe someone is practicing anvil launching.

Err its Caber throwing by mad Jock McTavish, practising for the world championship . Och Aye the Noo

• Like 1

They were beat dustin' the kilts 'en ?

As the seismic instruments did not record ground activity consistent with the reports, then, like the article suggests, this was an above-ground event of some type, it seems. Sonic boom or something atmospherically similar.

Not sure though, of course.

To investigate occurrences such as this, You have to know what type of questions to ask the witness's: OK, Did Robots start busting out of the ground and start killing people?

Strange and unexplained booms in Oklahoma?

Sounds like the Ghost Dance finally is taking effect. A 125 years late, but still, it is just starting to work.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ghost_Dance

Aw, man, that's not cool.

:)

• Like 2

Have we ruled out sonic booms?

Yes, but only until all of the less plausible ideas are exhausted.

• Like 1

Every now and then, these incidents will pop up as speedbump news in DFW, TX. Here's one that happened almost 5 years ago not too far from the epicenter of all the earthquakes happening now in Irving, TX by the old Texas Stadium site:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/dallas/headlines/20100603-West-Dallas-residents-seek-answers-about-1311.ece

Yes, but only until all of the less plausible ideas are exhausted.

Ah...good good. Carry on.

• Like 1

there is something wrong with the earths core ! she ll explain it all !

Linda Moulton Howe

I am on the east coast of the US and have heard that loud noise. I felt the floor rattle. I went outside to investigate and I saw nothing. Could it be a sinkhole developing underground? :unsure2:

The sounds I believe are the cracking of the ice of the artic poles. Sounds of ice rubbing against land that travels under water.