Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Someone sitting on edge of bed

mystic_mind

I've heard of this phenomenom before but never experienced until recently. You're lying in bed at night not yet asleep and you feel the corner of the bed near your feet press down...like someone just gently sat down. I know I wasn't that close to sleep for hypnogogic effects and my cat was next to my pillow asleep. I don't think a spring in the mattress just gave out or anything. It really felt like some kind of weight was there even though I could see nothing. Any rational explanation?

• Like 1

Have you ever had any paranormal experiences in this house before?

• Thanks 1

I had that experience for 3 nights after my mom died, as did my two sisters. We're all pretty sure it was Mom coming to say goodbye. Even so, it kind of freaked us out, because it was totally unexpected and nothing we'd ever experienced before. Or since. For which I'm grateful.

• Like 1

I've heard of this phenomenom before but never experienced until recently. You're lying in bed at night not yet asleep and you feel the corner of the bed near your feet press down...like someone just gently sat down. I know I wasn't that close to sleep for hypnogogic effects and my cat was next to my pillow asleep. I don't think a spring in the mattress just gave out or anything. It really felt like some kind of weight was there even though I could see nothing. Any rational explanation?

In my experience, it's easy to think you weren't asleep when in fact you were.

• Like 1

My dad passed about 6 months ago. Didn't experience anything back then. Thought I might of saw a small orb a couple weeks ago or so. It was weird. I dropped a blood pressure pill and wondered where it rolled. I was a bit concerned the cat would find it and eat it...you know how cats are. When I bent over to look for it, not having a clue where it might be, a small dull white circle went across my field of vision towards the wall. I watched it a bit bemused and looked at the area it was moving in and lo and behold there was the pill. Was it just a lucky floater in my eyeball at that second? I see lots of floaters but they are darkish, squiggly thread-looking things. I've never seen a small perfectly round, solid one before that looked to have some distance between it and me. Also, I've felt the floor of my bedroom vibrate very fast, but only once. It was at night when I was going to sleep. Again, I'm sure I was awake at the time. It could have been just a small tremor. But didn't hear of any in the area the next day. Happened about a couple years ago.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

This has happened to me like someone sits right next to me and I'm awake and not just at my own hone but others home as well its a spirit I have a lot of this that has happened to me in the last year its a bad spirit

• The title was changed to Someone sitting on edge of bed

It happens. There's an altered state between sleep and wakefulness and lots of experiences happen at that time.

Then again, they can happen when people are awake.

My Significant Other was lying in bed watching TV with me and both of us were awake when something like that happened. 

It can be as if a person sat on the bed, or as if a small animal like a cat or small dog jumped up and curled up on the bed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jennifer Parnell said:

This has happened to me like someone sits right next to me and I'm awake and not just at my own hone but others home as well its a spirit I have a lot of this that has happened to me in the last year its a bad spirit

It all responds to banishment. The LBRP works and you can find it on youtube if you don't have something from your own belief system.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2015 at 8:23 PM, mystic_mind said:

The rational explanation would be sleep paralysis or hypnagogic hallucination. 

There's that whole it happened to me and my significant other while we were both awake watching TV thing, though. 

Just because it tends to happen during that altered state between sleep and wakefulness doesn't mean that's the only time it happens, or that people don't have similar experiences.

It also doesn't mean that banishment won't work on it. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

This happens to me all the time. The reason I found this site is bc it just happened and I finally thought to Google it. It happened while I was wide awake, lights on, sitting in bed and snacking. There was a significant weight sensation on the corner of the bed. Like I said it’s happened before - I feel what feels like one of my cats walking on the bed, but there’s no cat there. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This has happened to me before but last night the most.  I'm wide awake, just getting comfy and I feel pressure at the foot of the bed just like my cat is moving around but he was sitting in window so I know it wasn't him.  I could even hear the mattress move a bit.  I finally sat up and told it to please stop because I needed to get to sleep....and it did.  I'm not sure if it's one of our beloved animal or a family member.  Wish I knew.  

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2015 at 4:23 AM, mystic_mind said:

You have a watcher.

Do it. Dont pretend to be asleep, have a look to see who it is. Dont be freaked out if its a shadow person and if it is try to establish contact by asking why its watching you.

Dont react negatively to what it says, it might be after the reaction.

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

You have a watcher.

Do it. Dont pretend to be asleep, have a look to see who it is. Dont be freaked out if its a shadow person and if it is try to establish contact by asking why its watching you.

Dont react negatively to what it says, it might be after the reaction.

I have a watcher too, perhaps more than one. They sit at my bed while I think of some stories to tell them. The watcher I see watching me more is one that looks llike a white rabbit. But perhaps I see things that are not real, and are just a product of my imagination, induced by a state of musical exiliration, since I often listen to the song, white rabbit, as I lay on the surrealistic pillow on my bed.

• Like 1

The only time something like this happened to me I woke up and it felt like the cat was lying next to my back.  I didn't have a cat any more, it had died years ago.  I moved and I felt it jump off the bed.  The dogs were sleeping next to the bed and one of them would have gone crazy if a cat was really in the room.

My grandson kept seeing a teenage girl sitting on his bed when he was about 6.  He told his mom and she didn't believe him until she went in one day to put some clothes away and saw the girl sitting on the bed.  Every time she was seen she would look up like she saw something weird, then disappear.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 4:12 PM, Desertrat56 said:

My grandson kept seeing a teenage girl sitting on his bed when he was about 6.  He told his mom and she didn't believe him until she went in one day to put some clothes away and saw the girl sitting on the bed.  Every time she was seen she would look up like she saw something weird, then disappear.

Hi,

These things do happen. Could it be we are dearly loved and never alone?

John

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 1:41 AM, Pettytalk said:

I have a watcher too, perhaps more than one. They sit at my bed while I think of some stories to tell them. The watcher I see watching me more is one that looks llike a white rabbit. But perhaps I see things that are not real, and are just a product of my imagination, induced by a state of musical exiliration, since I often listen to the song, white rabbit, as I lay on the surrealistic pillow on my bed.

Do you also ingest Window Pane?

On 1/12/2015 at 1:23 PM, mystic_mind said:

The best thing to do is stay calm and speak to it. Ask who or what it is and hope for an answer. If nothing answers get up very very slowly and try to touch it, if you can touch it ask it to go away and not to return. 

I must say I don't really beleive in Ghosts or entities, I have never seen anything or felt anything but what I said above is what I would do if it happened to me.

Peace

5 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

These things do happen. Could it be we are dearly loved and never alone?

John

Yes.  However the girl on my grandson's bed was a stranger.  I have had my mom tell me things after she died, and I still talk to her sometimes.  Also, years ago when I had  moved to Dallas alone I was sitting at the computer and felt someone put their arm around my shoulder.  It was like a hug from someone not there.

Edited by Desertrat56
I didn't sit 'on' the computer
  • Like 3

Hi,

Those are nice experiences. My best friend lives in Dallas. I live in Lowell not far from Boston. She is what many would call a precognative psychic.

When it comes to soul bonds, there are no strangers. Our intellect in a given life time may not remember some one however my experiences are that these bonds are quite deep.

John

• 3 months later...
41 minutes ago, Anneka Ellis said:

I have been feeling like someone is sitting on my bed @ night what does it mean 

It could mean a lot of different things.  I assume you don't have a pet.  You most likely are dreaming but I have had similar feelings, though not a person, a cat.  It would help if you described your situation, do you live alone?  Do you have pets?  Do you have unresolved feelings about a loved one who has past?

1 hour ago, Anneka Ellis said:

I have been feeling like someone is sitting on my bed @ night what does it mean 

Are you awake, falling to sleep, drifting in and out of sleep? Could be hypnogogic or hypnapompic experiences.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, yes, yes!!! I have been in bed, not asleep yet, when I have felt something at the foot of my bed move, as if they are getting up. I can feel the mattress give and the covers at that spot move.. it is ALWAYS at the left corner( when you sit ) to the middle.. It  happened at least 6 -8 times... there were No pets in my room. 

• Like 1