Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"News" Networks in America

BrooklynGuy

I just caught a few minutes of the Today Show who had a piece that was claiming that the Oscars are racist toward blacks. I long for the days of Walter Cronkite and the actual unbiased news. This agenda oriented reporting promoting their Network's ideology is a joke. :td:

• Like 7

I just caught a few minutes of the Today Show who had a piece that was claiming that the Oscars are racist toward blacks. I long for the days of Walter Cronkite and the actual unbiased news. This agenda oriented reporting promoting their Network's ideology is a joke. :td:

That's based on Al "I ain't gotta pay no taxes" Sharpton's comments the other day...

• Like 4

A black person didn't get a Oscar for the second time in 15 years. Ohhh the racism is just outrageous...

• Like 3

Isn't Fox News racist?

Since you don't like their politics then clearly they must be

• Like 3

My favorite thing is every damn day they are like "Coming up: eating this rare type of fruit can reduce your chance of cancer by 20%" orrrr "Up next, what food found in most Americans fridges kills more people than any other?!?" And then they will have a clip of a doctor saying something cryptic.

• Like 5

This is pretty typical clickbait style that has seeped into the major news networks. I stopped watching anything news related on television just because of this crap. They took a kew from Gawker Media, theGuardian, DailyMail etc. If you want to generate copius amounts of addbucks, post the most outrageous headline possible and people will flock in like vultures to digest the rotting carcass. The major sites I frequent I use addblock and scriptblock so I don't give them add revenue, and if I want to share an article from one, I use archive.today or pastebin so my fellow interneters don't give them money either. Let them burn and fade away, networks with journalistic integrity will take their place.

Isn't Fox News racist?

No more so than msnbc.

• Like 3

My favorite thing is every damn day they are like "Coming up: eating this rare type of fruit can reduce your chance of cancer by 20%" orrrr "Up next, what food found in most Americans fridges kills more people than any other?!?" And then they will have a clip of a doctor saying something cryptic.

I'm with you woodsbooger, advertising and agenda's are what these networks are all about, they stopped reporting the actual news long ago.

• Like 2

The morning "news" shows are horrible. Today is bad, but Good Morning America has simply become unwatchable. They literally sit around and talk about what's trending on Twitter and Facebook.

I don't watch much TV news especially in the morning, but when I do, I stick with CBS news with Charlie Rose. Although they could lose Gail King and I'd be perfectly happy.

• Like 1

I am not really disgusted by news just as I'm not disgusted by reality television. It is what it is. We are living in a media age where someone can fart in Japan and me, sitting in New York can hear about it in ten seconds. What do we expect? With a world so connected we get a ton of worthwhile information and a ton of crap as well. All we have to do is change the channel. Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

I love watching Fox News. It's hilarious!

Isn't Fox News racist?

Where did Fox news come into this? Every liberal, race baiting news network is running this story. All they seem to be able to do is try to stir up trouble.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5

the only solution is to follow every single news outlet in the world at once, and thus avoid/experience all biases

and then you go mad.

also, there was never an era of unbiased news.

• Like 4

I don't pay attention to most tv news programs, probably for the very reasons listed here. I spend my mornings on the net, and when I come by a link with an article and video that to me seems biased, I would google for a related news source of the same subject. Just so I get all sides of the story. I slightly minored in communication, and studied a couple news courses, so I wonder what happened to reporting unbiased news, and reporting without buffing it up with filler? Is it because there are too many news networks?

If you want a try at unbiased news, as has been said above you really ought to watch a couple or more news providers. That way you get a chance at seeing opposing reporting on the day's events. Personally, I'll watch the BBC and Sky, read some of the US news sites, and then come to the basic conclusion:

They don't half report some real crap!! :no:

• Like 3

Russia today or RT is best if you want to see the other side of the story.

Ah, yes, that one too! Must admit, keep forgetting it's on. But that's the thing, don't just rely on one news provider, watch and read multiple. That way you can get news that you might not trust, but at least see from every side of a story.

• Like 3

Ah, yes, that one too! Must admit, keep forgetting it's on. But that's the thing, don't just rely on one news provider, watch and read multiple. That way you can get news that you might not trust, but at least see from every side of a story.

You can tell when a person doesn't read and compare. It's funny the people who instantly write off anything reported by FOX, but if you read all of the sources a lot of times they are quoting the Associated Press verbatim.

• Like 4

This is just the race baiters stirring it up. I try to mix up the news sources I watch. The local tends to filter out the political agendas. National wise, I split between Fox News and Headline News. I stay away from MSN.

• Like 1

Isn't Fox News racist?

Really, everyone is a little prejudice against a lot of things. No one is perfect.

• Like 1

This latest round of the "academy awards are racist" is because ophra's movie selma did not receive "enough" nominations. Claiming they were snubbed.

I got news for you ophra, awards are given not for the subject matter but how it's presented. The fact is according to many independent critics the movie sucks.

And would someone please arrest Rev. Al for tax evasion.

As far as Fox goes, it just leans to the right instead of the left like the rest of the alphabet network new shows. News shows today are just like our government, different names, same s#&t.

And how about the "NBA is Racist" because there's not enough white players. That's one headline we'll never see.

• Like 4

Since you don't like their politics then clearly they must be

An objective news network should be objective, not slanted towards one political side. Fox News claims to be 'fair and balanced' but they quite obviously have a conservative political slant to their news. This in my opinion is what is wrong with the big cable news networks, they are all slanted one way or the other. Pushing a political agenda rather than being an objective source of news.

The only major station TV news I trust is E! news, lmao. I'm joking, but in a way, they are a bit more dependable with getting the gossip right, probably because they will get their butts sued off if they don't. The real news networks seem to gossip just as much, just about other stuff, and don't get it right as often, heh.

A bit more seriously.. I watch a couple of different local news networks to get TV news about local stuff. Otherwise it's all internet. If I see a story or headline, I tend to look up a few more articles about it to get more information, because one site never really covers it. I try to get a local version, a national version or two, and if it's gone international, their take on it as well. I also have a tendency to hit "the source" if I can. Like if there is a study out, I look up the study, or if there is a report on statistics X, I try to find the actual statistics.