Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bonnie and Clyde' crime couple spotted

pallidin

Quote:

The two teenage sweethearts who have blazed a trail of crime across the South, leaving in their path a string of stolen vehicles and pilfered checks, prompting references to the famed "Bonnie and Clyde," have been spotted in Florida, according to a published report on Friday.

Dalton Hayes, 18, and his 13-year-old girlfriend Cheyenne Phillips — who had apparently convinced the boy and his family that she was 19 — were last spotted somewhere in Florida, The Washington Post reported.

But Norman Chaffins, the sheriff of Grayson County in Kentucky, where the pair disappeared nearly two weeks ago, did not want to tip off the teens by disclosing the specific town.

They have so far eluded capture and are now believed to be cruising around in a stolen truck with two guns.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/16/kentucky-authorities-search-for-18-year-old-13-year-old-girlfriend-suspected/

she does look like she could be 17. i hope they get caught before someone gets hurt.

Yeah, she doesn't look 13 at all.

Like you said, hope they are caught before it escalates by virtue of the guns.

What kind of 18 y-o dates a 13 y-o?

the kind who thought she was 17. that is before he fell in love.

Considering the recent past crimes, and now in possession of 2 handguns, this appears to be a very serious situation for law enforcement.

• Like 1

I thought of Boni and Clyde when the shooters escaped the scene of the crime during the Paris attacks on the cartoon magazine.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

"You know them from the movies, but some are calling this couple the real Bonnie and Clyde." :huh:

Please. The real Bonnie and Clyde died in the last century. [Eye roll]

I hope these two are caught soon.

I am ashamed to say that, many years ago, I had an intimate encounter with a girl I could swear was 17.

But, as it turned-out she was just 14 going on 15. There was no way I could tell that she was that young given her looks.

When I found-out her true age, I had no further intimacy with her at all, not even a kiss, and I turned myself into the police.

By myself, no-one asked me to.

They refused prosecution given the circumstances I guess.

Still, to this day I am amazed at how some young females can look older.

Edited by pallidin

THAT girl, the subject in question on this thread IMHO definitely looks "of age" I would never guess she was 13 from the photos.

However, in my case I stopped IMMEDIATELY; the male subject in this case apparently has not.

• Like 1

What kind of 18 y-o dates a 13 y-o?

A statutory rapist?

Please. The real Bonnie and Clyde died in the last century. [Eye roll]

So? So I didn't really know John Adams until I saw that mini-series on HBO? Double eye roll

I guess they've been caught now....

Two teenagers who have blazed a trail of crime in the South were arrested Sunday morning in Panama City Beach, Florida, authorities said in a statement.

US Marshal's Service and local police discovered 18-year-old Dalton Hayes and 13-year-old Cheyenne Phillips asleep in a 2011 Toyota Tundra that was stolen in Henry County, Georgia, Grayson County Sheriff officials said.

Law enforcement surrounded the truck and apprehended the two individuals without incident.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/18/missing-kentucky-teenagers-arrested-in-florida/?intcmp=latestnews

• Like 1

"You know them from the movies, but some are calling this couple the real Bonnie and Clyde." :huh:

Yeah gotta love the media dramatization...I guess Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were fictional characters.

Anytime a man and a woman go on a crime spree all of a sudden they are bonnie and clyde,honestly most people who get compared to those two should be po'ed they were nothing more than two terrified bumbling idiots without a clue...Hollywood has made them out to be something far more than what they were just a dillinger gang wannabe who lost their lives after gaining almost nothing in their short lived bank robbing careers.

Edited by CrimsonKing

Things

Yeah gotta love the media dramatization...I guess Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were fictional characters.

Anytime a man and a woman go on a crime spree all of a sudden they are bonnie and clyde,honestly most people who get compared to those two should be po'ed they were nothing more than two terrified bumbling idiots without a clue...Hollywood has made them out to be something far more than what they were just a dillinger gang wannabe who lost their lives after gaining almost nothing in their short lived bank robbing careers.

No Bonnie and Clyde were real people, and things DID NOT end well for them. I suggest you listen to this podcast or read the transcript on their lives: http://www.missedinhistory.com/podcasts/the-story-of-bonnie-and-clyde/

• Like 1

The news reports I saw described them as "Modern day Bonnie and Clyde", a loose analogy to a male/female couple committing multi-state crimes while eluding police.

• Like 1

Things

No Bonnie and Clyde were real people, and things DID NOT end well for them. I suggest you listen to this podcast or read the transcript on their lives: http://www.missedinh...nnie-and-clyde/

Forget what I said, I didn't read everything everyone was posting. I can be so obtuse sometimes, sorry guys!

Things

No Bonnie and Clyde were real people, and things DID NOT end well for them.

I know they were real people (are people not getting sarcasm anymore)...

I have actually read quite a bit about them aswell as other deppression era gangs,One of my favorites is a book called Public Enemies by Bryan Burrough.It gives great insight on bonnie and clyde's life :tu:

• Like 2

I know they were real people (are people not getting sarcasm anymore)...

I have actually read quite a bit about them aswell as other deppression era gangs,One of my favorites is a book called Public Enemies by Bryan Burrough.It gives great insight on bonnie and clyde's life :tu:

No, I get sarcasm..just not reading comprehension. Sorry :blush:

• Like 1

No, I get sarcasm..just not reading comprehension. Sorry :blush:

Yeah just noticed your post above my previous one,no biggie it happens :tu:

when these two get caught, they will excuse the girl because she is only 13.

when these two get caught, they will excuse the girl because she is only 13.

They have been caught.

The 13-year old was remanded to Florida CPS. She will not be excused and there will be consequences, but her young age does offer mitigating circumstances, and the fact(I hope) that the 2 firearms were never used by them does count.

He, on the other hand, is in a bunch of trouble.

They have been caught.

The 13-year old was remanded to Florida CPS. She will not be excused and there will be consequences, but her young age does offer mitigating circumstances, and the fact(I hope) that the 2 firearms were never used by them does count.

He, on the other hand, is in a bunch of trouble.

Florida does have a law against claiming to be an adult and tricking people into having sex with you.

Florida does have a law against claiming to be an adult and tricking people into having sex with you.

I suppose that could be true, I don't know.

The offense of statutory rape did not occur in Florida, rather Kentucky. Unless they admitted having sex in Florida, of course.

The male has past felony un-resolved legal issues in Kentucky completely unrelated to her, until this situation unfolded and escalated.

It is my understanding that they will both be extradited back to Kentucky, and the other affected states are holding-off pursuit of prosecution at this time contingent on punishment from Kentucky.

Edited by pallidin

i see people yelling that she is just a child and didn't know any better. just like everyone is doing in the judge thread.