Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bonnie and Clyde' crime couple spotted

pallidin

awwww I hope they get through this, pay their pennence, grow up get maried and have one hell of of a dumbass kid story to tell their grand kids.

• Like 1

i see people yelling that she is just a child and didn't know any better. just like everyone is doing in the judge thread.

Generally, a 13-year old is not deemed mature enough to make fully rational decisions of consequence.

Hence they are often held in juvenile custody(in this case Florida) and eventually remanded to juvenile court(in this case Kentucky)

For the male, he is in "hot water"

From what I read he already had warrants of arrest unrelated to this incidence.

Then he compounds the problem through multiple vehicle theft, and unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

On top of all that, having then knowing that she was 13, taking her with him across state lines could be considered kidnapping.

"Custodial interference" as opposed to kidnapping will likely be that specific charge, given the consensual relationship and partial evidence that he was not holding her against her will and did not initially know she was only 13.

He was scared, I would suppose, when he found-out her true age.

Though multiple felony vehicle thefts are on his plate, thank God that neither one decided to use the guns.

For the male, he is in "hot water"

From what I read he already had warrants of arrest unrelated to this incidence.

Then he compounds the problem through multiple vehicle theft, and unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

On top of all that, having then knowing that she was 13, taking her with him across state lines could be considered kidnapping.

"Custodial interference" as opposed to kidnapping will likely be that specific charge, given the consensual relationship and partial evidence that he was not holding her against her will and did not initially know she was only 13.

He was scared, I would suppose, when he found-out her true age.

Though multiple felony vehicle thefts are on his plate, thank God that neither one decided to use the guns.

2 things

He is from Kentucky ( sorry just Makeing a joke)

And this

" I done fall in love with her ma"

I feel for them and wish them luck. I hope he gets his act together. They didn't hurt anyone as far as I know. I hope those that know the real circumstances act justly. I'm not a fan of older guys messing with young girls like that, but despite the age difference something tells me the maturity gap probably isn't very big between the two.

Just to add. He does know how to steal a new truck... He is not a complete idiot. I certainly couldn't do that. hopefully after some jail time he can put his mind to better use.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

Just to add. He does know how to steal a new truck...

Maybe, maybe not. I wonder if the authorities tracked them through the standard/optional LoJack tracking system...

http://www.lojack.com/

Edited by pallidin

I'm pleased that the Police didn't open fire and kill them, at last there are sensible Poilcemen about.

• Like 3

i don't think they should charge him with statuary rape at all.

Yeah, he'll already do time. No need to add child molester to the list.

Yeah, he'll already do time. No need to add child molester to the list.

You can not be convicted of statutory rape if, and only if, all of the 3 following conditions are met...

1) There is a abundance of evidence that he believed she was "of age"... PRIMARILY other testimony from other people and her rather obvious physical looks of being "of age"

2) It was consensual.

3) MOST importantly, after he found-out she was 13, he MUST COMPLETELY STOP the sexual contact. 100%, no exceptions.

The facts, in my case, were 100% conclusive, and the girls family and the D.A. declined to charge me with anything at all.

I also have no "record" at all, excepting DUI.

His case is more problematic. I did not leave the State, I did not commit previous or additional potential felonies, I had zero further intimate contact with her, and I turned myself into the police.

Now, if he did in fact have additional intimate contact with her after learning that she was only 13, that's a clear statutory rape.

Before that, it simply is not.

In his case, 1 and 2 are met. We do not know if 3 was, and may never know unless BOTH confessed to it. It can not just be from one of them.

Edited by pallidin