Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
UM-Bot

Sleep paralysis can lead to ghost sightings

56 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2015 at 3:09 PM, ChaosRose said:

There is an in-between state where one can be essentially awake, but still dreaming...so they say. The mechanism which keeps us from acting out our dreams can glitch, and we can also be completely awake, and still unable to move.

I have to say that as someone who has had many paranormal experiences, imo what happened was real. My partner has also been able to vouch for the physical appearance of most of the entities that I have encountered, because he has seen them, too. It seems unlikely to me that we're having the same dreams. Something is here. What it is...well, that's another discussion. I'm open to the idea that these are thoughtforms, and they may be emanating from me. I'm also open to the idea that they are something else. What I don't believe is that it is just sleep paralysis or hypnogagic hallucination. People don't hallucinate the same things.

Well there is a really simple way to test this.  Set up a camera and record - if it appears to be visible to someone else then it will also appear on a camera.  If it does not then you are likely experiencing a shared illusion brought on by suggestion and if it does some serious money awaits you! 

2 hours ago, Spotted Pony said:

That’s it I’m sleeping on couch!

Welcome to UM,

Ever thought of setting up a cheap USB camera to catch your ‘somebody’? It would definitely help with the anxiety you’ve got going on.

11 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Well there is a really simple way to test this.  Set up a camera and record - if it appears to be visible to someone else then it will also appear on a camera.  If it does not then you are likely experiencing a shared illusion brought on by suggestion and if it does some serious money awaits you! 

They have plenty of lame arguments against ‘money’/‘fame’ things. 

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Except there was no suggestion because I didn't tell him anything about my experiences so I could see if he would verify them on his own. 

After we started getting sick and having unusually bad luck, I decided to find a way to kick all phenomena to the curb, and so I did. 

I believe it all stems from the psyche, but that sometimes people undergoing extreme trauma or grief can manifest woo. It's a sign things are out of balance.  

2 people like this

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Except there was no suggestion because I didn't tell him anything about my experiences so I could see if he would verify them on his own. 

After we started getting sick and having unusually bad luck, I decided to find a way to kick all phenomena to the curb, and so I did. 

I believe it all stems from the psyche, but that sometimes people undergoing extreme trauma or grief can manifest woo. It's a sign things are out of balance.  

Well then it is either a direct mind to mind transfer of some sort or these things really do manifest themselves in the physical world - get recording! 

1 minute ago, I'mConvinced said:

Well then it is either a direct mind to mind transfer of some sort or these things really do manifest themselves in the physical world - get recording! 

I don't think "they" are spirits or entities. I think it's just some kind of mechanism that sort of blows off emotional steam. It's unpredictable, so you'd have to catch someone who was still going through it.

The thing that's interesting is that even sleep paralysis type experiences stopped for both of us. So if it is sleep paralysis, it's brought on by stress and trauma. 

The best weapon is to forgive yourself for things you can't control, and to not get caught up in the phenomena. It's not "real" in the same sense as we are. It doesn't mean a person is "special." It means there's a problem. 

2 people like this