Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

witchcraft of athens, texas

yenster81

I love a good ghost story. But what's even better than hearing about a good ghost story is being able to investigate one.

My wife, Ghost in the Darkness, raises and sells mini-rex rabbits. Two of her friends who also raise rabbits live in the town of Athens, TX. Several months ago she was doing some research on the 'net about Athens and she came across this forum discussion.

So of course, when I learned that we were going to be spending the day in Athens on July 4th I just had to go see the legendary haunted Fuller Park! Oh Yeah!

We had gone to Athens to pick up some rabbits and once that meeting was over we drove over to Gibson Road and quickly located the entrance to Fuller Park. The park is surrounded by an ancient crumbling stone fence. Upon arrival we found the entrance and stopped just outside the open gate. Ghost was on the phone at the time talking to one of her friends so I jumped out and headed on in.

The driveway into the park is not paved and the narrow dirt two-track continues on into the property, slowly meandering through the undergrowth. Being July in East Texas, not only was it damn hot, but it was muggy as hell to boot. I walked down the path for several yards just observing the woods around me and listening to the singing of inumerable birds and insects. After traveling several yards (Sorry, I'm not very good at judging distance, but it really didn't seem all that far.) I came to the cemetary on the right side of the path.

The cemetary contains only two graves, those of the late Mister and Misses Fuller. The undergrowth was heavy and poison ivy was abundant, so I didn't venture far enough off the main path to walk all the way around the small graveyard. I did however, pay close attention to the massive chain surrounding the graves and barring entry to the outside world. Oddly enough, there's no gate, the chain continues all the way around the cemetary. Remembering the claim by a previous visitor, I grabbed the chain to see if it was indeed, ice cold. Not surprising, though disappointing, it wasn't. Oh well. Not being one to forgo an opportunity when ghostly graveyards are involved, I stepped under the heavy chain and into the graveyard itelf. After getting a closer look at the graves, I stepped back under the chain and walked back to the car.

When I arrived back at the car I told Ghost (who was still on the phone :rolleyes: ) that I had found the cemetary. She asked if I had taken any pictures. "No" I replied, "I didn't take the camera with me."

"Well get the camera and go back and take some pictures" she said.

Yes! So I grabbed the camera and headed back down to the cemetary. You can see the pictures if you like, they're located in the my pictures section on my 360 page. Which, if this works, can be found here: http://360.yahoo.com/profile-s57XL4o9dKgkyXX.eqPk87STDzwU

Since I had the camera I decided to walk on in a little further and see if I could locate the dreaded monkey cage. After walking down the track a little further I noticed a narrow, heavily overgrown trail leading off into the woods to the right. Looking off into the trees, I noticed a large, rust colored structure. I headed down the small trail and soon discovored that the rusty structure was in fact the ancient tin roof of the monkey cage.

As if the undergrowth wasn't bad enough, sometime in the past a large tree had fallen down in front of the monkey cage, barring the path. The remains of the tree looked as if this event had happened a few years ago. Undaunted, I worked my way around and over the fallen tree.

The door of the monkey was open, so of course I walked in. The interior has a high ceiling and a dirt floor. There is one central pillar holding up the roof structure and I noticed that the top of this pillar is sculpted in a neat, antique jungle pattern.

As I walked around the inside of the structure I found a lot of grafitti, an old burnt log with a broken beer bottle on top, a piece of rusty tin, a few other bits of litter here and there, and various words and symbols scratched in the dirt floor. Some of these latter appeared to have been done fairly recently. I didn't really care about what the scratchings had to say, and being short on time I didn't bother to take the time to read them. I did notice however, that the one symbol I saw clearly was a Star of David. Curious. I would have expected a pentagram, considering the stories of would be Satanists.

I took a few pictures of both the outside and inside of the monkey cage. They are located in the same file as the cemetary pics mentioned earlier.

I walked out of the monkey cage and made my way back down the trail and out to the main drive way. From there I followed the path further into the property until it came to an end where it intersected another narrow drive, this one being well grassed over.

Since Ghost and the kids were waiting for me back at the car, I decided that I had seen enough for this trip and made my way back up the drive way and out the main gate.

Admittedly, I was a little disappointed at not having any spooky encounters or finding anything weird, unexplainable, or down right creepy. But, in the end, I'm glad to have had the opportunity to explore this local urban legend and I hope to return one day for a longer, unhurried investigation. Preferably at night.

Another UM classic thread, great stuff, i'm hooked.

Sounds like a really spooky place, full credit to all who visit.

Strange how Mr Fuller is not mentioned in many documents being a man of the church and all, thought he would have been a prominent figure in the community.

Cheers Jester

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry have to bump this, would love to hear more on it

Cheers Jester

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have been living in athens for 19 years now. I have been to fullers park probably 10-20 times. I have been at night and been in the day. I don't know what kind of drugs you guys are on. Probably LSD or Ecstasy. I have never seen anything. I try to but it just doesn't happen. The only thing that might be there is devil worshippers and I could believe that. It also may have been haunted in the past but it is fairly cleared out now and nothing ever happens. I've took video and pictures and they all turned out fine. I've heard all the stories, even from good friends, but I don't believe them. I honestly think that everyone who ever sees things is just really really messed up and trying too hard to see things. It's fun the first time for the scare, but after you do it once it's nothing. Sorry to be so negative, but I just think it's all a bunch of bs. Later

• 2 weeks later...

Let me just start by saying I in no way believe in ghosts, spirits of dead people that haunt the earth or just hang around and do not believe in aliens or anything of the sort.

I went to fuller park 13 years or so ago and let me tell you, something is wrong with that place. I do believe that satanism is very real and it is the one thing that truely scares me. That may have influenced my feelings when I was at fuller park. We went out there one night with my friends cousins (who we went to athens to visit) and they told us the story of the graves that we came up on for mr and mrs fuller. Just so you know those graves are much more ominous in person when its pitch black out and you come up on them all of a sudden. I did not believe the story about mr fuller breaking the concrete slab over his grave but you can tell by the layers on concrete it had been fixed a few times. Then we went further down the path and let me tell you you couldnt see your hand in front of your face without a flashlight. We came up on the monkey cage and that thing looked like something straight out of a horror movie. It was a big square cage like the size of a small house with branches and stuff all stuck in it and it is surrounded by trees. There is an opening in the front of the cage where a door probably was. My friends walked inside. I did not want to go in because I was scared to death. The reason I was scared is that I could feel evil around me. Again, I do not believe in ghosts but I firmly believe demons were all around me. I went into the cage so i wasnt by myself and it was worse inside. There were upside down crosses hanging from the top of the cage made of sticks and there was blood everywhere and 666 and pentagrams painted on everything. I was so scared I was cold and this was in the middle of a texas summer. I dont know what but something is wrong in fuller park and if you people decide to go do not go at night. Trust me.

Let me just start by saying I in no way believe in ghosts, spirits of dead people that haunt the earth or just hang around and do not believe in aliens or anything of the sort.

I went to fuller park 13 years or so ago and let me tell you, something is wrong with that place. I do believe that satanism is very real and it is the one thing that truely scares me. That may have influenced my feelings when I was at fuller park. We went out there one night with my friends cousins (who we went to athens to visit) and they told us the story of the graves that we came up on for mr and mrs fuller. Just so you know those graves are much more ominous in person when its pitch black out and you come up on them all of a sudden. I did not believe the story about mr fuller breaking the concrete slab over his grave but you can tell by the layers on concrete it had been fixed a few times. Then we went further down the path and let me tell you you couldnt see your hand in front of your face without a flashlight. We came up on the monkey cage and that thing looked like something straight out of a horror movie. It was a big square cage like the size of a small house with branches and stuff all stuck in it and it is surrounded by trees. There is an opening in the front of the cage where a door probably was. My friends walked inside. I did not want to go in because I was scared to death. The reason I was scared is that I could feel evil around me. Again, I do not believe in ghosts but I firmly believe demons were all around me. I went into the cage so i wasnt by myself and it was worse inside. There were upside down crosses hanging from the top of the cage made of sticks and there was blood everywhere and 666 and pentagrams painted on everything. I was so scared I was cold and this was in the middle of a texas summer. I dont know what but something is wrong in fuller park and if you people decide to go do not go at night. Trust me.

why during these visits, does no one bring a camera, for goodness sake?!!

why during these visits, does no one bring a camera, for goodness sake?!!

I didnt know i was going. I would like to have pics though. Since joining I have thought about going back but during the day only. Then again I dont ever want to have that feeling again so I doubt I will. I only live like an hour and a half away. I didnt see any orbs, lights or anything like that. Mine was just a feeling that evil was all around me. Not good.

• 1 month later...

Time For An Athens, Texas/Fuller Park Update:

I can't believe some of the things you people either do or don't believe in. Let me tell you all some things right now. As a former student of the Old Henderson County Junior College (It will always be that too me), and also a relative of someone that lives in Athens (Anybody Know The Mills Family?) I can tell you about some of the truly weird & unusual things in and around Athens, Texas

FULLER PARK:

Fuller Park was originally built by The Now Deceased Reverend & Mrs. Fuller as an Animal Refuge Center & Zoo. it did in fact have a Monkey Cage filled with all sorts of Monkey's & other animals were there as well. From what I understand, the Fullers did in fact live on the property as well.

The Reverend & Mrs. Fuller are in fact buried there on the grounds, just inside the Front Gate. Funny thing about that though, the Monster Bar Fence around The Graves is new, The Evil Looking Posts have always been there with the Giant Chains, but not those cross bars in the pictures.

Anyway, back in the Early 80's, I went to school over at the college & I was a frequent visitor of Fuller Park. I liked the place. I Felt comfortable there. Guess that's why I laugh so much when ever a new Horror Flick comes out.

One night in October, ironically on a Friday The 13th, a bunch of us College Kids had gone to one of the Early Friday 13th/Jason Voorhees Movies & afterwards we all decided to go to Fuller Park for a Fright Fest.

Myself & about 3 other guys were the first to arrive & just as we entered the park & were walking past The Fuller's Graves, Mrs. Fullers Head Stone just fell over all by itself.

Needless to say, we all just about either sh** or p***ed in our pants.

I personally walked over and picked her headstone back up and put it back in its rightful place where it belongs.

I can't help but notice now in all the pictures that I see, that her headstone is now laying on its side again.

Strange, Very Strange.

One time we went out there in the daytime, and we found Completely Full, Unopened Coors Beer Cans buried in the dirt in the Monkey Cages from like 1974.

I personally have in fact heard the Monkey Cages Rattle & The Monkey's Screaming on a Clear Quiet Night when the Moon has been full.

I have been back there a few times and fully intend on returning in the near future.

A Local Radio Station here in Dallas is thinking about making a trip out there this Friday, October 27th, 2006 just to see what all the hub-bub is about.

Either that (or) they are going to stay in Dallas & visit the Old Haunted Parkland Hospital where it used to be beside the Scottish Rite Hospital.

My Vote is for Fuller Park.

The "Brick" Fence surrounding Fuller Park is not made of Bricks. The Fence was built using Virgin Rock.

ATHENS, TEXAS:

(1) Anybody ever visit Blood Bridge just past & up the road from Fuller Park? It's just an Old Wooden Bridge that was purportedly known to Drip with Blood after something was killed there (Probably The Escaped Monkeys) many years ago.

(2) Just past Blood Bridge & to the Left of it in an Empty Field there is this Old Broken Down Shack, known only as "The House of Blood", where if you go inside it, into the Bathroom, you will see a Very Old Cast Iron Bathtub filled with Blood Stains from years past.

(3) On the main road just past The College on the right if memory serves is the "Half Moon Pool". Now this place is truly special and totally haunted. The Half Moon Pool was the site where a little boy was killed a very long, long time ago, and ever since that day, the pool will not hold water.

If you were to go out there and fill the pool with water, the next day, the water would be gone.

There is not a drain hole, there are no holes in the pool nor are there any cracks in the pool. The Pool refuses to hold water.

Oh Yeah, The Border around The Half Moon Pool?.....Virgin Rock

(4) On The Main Road Past The College on The Left just past The Half Moon Pool a ways, there is this House, Built out of Bricks & Virgin Rocks & in the Front Yard there is a Flower Bed built out of Virgin Rock.

The Flower Bed is in the shape of a Pentagram with a Circle around it.

According To The Legend, (Something I Have Actually Seen Once), every year, the Congregation of The First Baptist Church of Athens, Texas (The Very Same Church that has no record of Reverend Fuller ever being their Pastor), goes to this house and they plant flowers in this Pentagram Flower Bed, and they proceed to water them, and they keep the area Fertilized & they come back every once in a while to tend to the grounds and their seeds and water & Continue to Fertilize the area.

The Flowers Never Grow.....EVER..........

(5) One last thing, just behind the College, behind the Last Dorm in the left corner, there is a creek, that if you cross it, it will lead to what I have always believed to be as The Country Club.

Well, in the corner as you cross over the creek, there is this Barbecue Pit with a Picnic Table & Benches built in front of it. The Pit, The Table & The Benches are all built out of Virgin Rock.

Funny thing about those benches and that picnic table is, that you can't sit on the benches and get your knees underneath the Table.

WHY is that you might be asking yourself?

It's not a Picnic Table & They are not Benches to sit on.

They are Benches to Kneel on & The Table was not made for eating on, it was made to Sacrifice Virgins & other things on. :devil:

The Barbecue Pit is actually a Sacrificial Oven as well. :devil:

I personally don't know about the Tunnels, or The Pentagram inside the Loop around Athens, but i do know that Athens once was a Thriving Community of Satan Worshippers.

Oh Yeah, and up Highway 64 (or) 19, I can't remember the exact number of the road itself, but just on the egde of Edgewood, Texas, you REALLY Believe that The Ponderosa is a Nudist Colony? :w00t:

Edited by Odin1964

I've heard many rumors about the small town of Athens, Texas. i am go to college there and most of the other students and teachers have been talking about the secrets about this town. There have been reports of witchcraft all over the county, but in Athens they say that there are underground tunnels that are in the shape of a pentagram. There is also a park that many ritualistic sacrifices have taken place. I would think this was ridicules, but our instructor who is a preachers wife and a very respectable woman agrees with all these rumors. Also, one of my close friends has said that there has never been a tornado to ever have touched down in the town because of the spells cast on the town. i am rather curious if anyone else has ever heard anything about this strange town and it's many secrets.

I am a lifelong resident of Athens, Texas, which is in East or Northeast Texas depending on your point of view, and yes, our little town does have a large number of reported instances of hauntings, rituals and general bump in the night stories.

Athens has been featured on 20/20 as well as on various news reports throughout the years. The monkey cages mentioned in the report on Mr. Fuller, who was a Baptist preacher (I believe Central Baptist Church, just off the main square), were used to house various monkeys and apes that had escaped from a circus train that had gone off the tracks, which are down in a ravine which runs around the bottom of the hill over which Monkey Road (named for obvious reasons) is laid. I have never heard of Mr. Fuller ever abusing any animals of any kind, let alone monkeys, though the property he owned which is named Fuller Park, has indeed been the spot of many rituals and magic rites, mostly by drunken high school and college kids, who were just playing around to give themselves a scare.

However there are a lot of self claimed witches and warlocks in the area, but the only confirmed rituals that I know about involve the cemetary that is between Shady Oaks and Cross Roads. Every year during whatever holidays that these type of people celebrate, they find the carcasses of decapitated animals of various sizes, the largest being goats, upon the grave of one of the said warlocks.

For its size, Henderson County, Texas has more private airports per capita than any other place in the country, according to 20/20, which from the air do look like a pentagram. It is also true about tunnels running under Athens, though I can't confirm that they are in the shape of pentagram. The most unusual thing about these tunnels that got the stories going are that they connect up and come out at the boathouse at the Athens Country Club, supposedly for the use of all the well to do witches, etc.

There are also various and too numerous to go into, stories of ghosts, black magic, white magic etc, concerning our little town, some true and some not, which are'nt so easy to dismiss when the night is particularly dark and the wind is howling around your home.

I don't know any witches or warlocks personally and if I do they aren't telling.

Thanks for reading,

Vhatsdis

The Mills? Do they live on County Road 1201?

Well, I've lived in Athens all my life too. I went to school at Cross Roads, just graduated this past year. I plan on going to Fullers Park for my first time when my sister and brother-in-law come down for Thanksgiving this year. :D I'm excited.

My grandmother on my mom's side is actually a wiccan (she lives in San Antonio now though). I've heard of several witches living in or around the Athens area.

Haven't heard of some of the places that some of you people talked about. I know about Thunder Bridge, but it only has that name because of how loud it is when you drive across it.

I'm not so sure about all the animal sacrifices between Shady Oaks and Cross Roads.... I actually live right down the road from Becks Chapel. I live in walking distance from Willow Springs cemetary if anyone knows where that is. I've never even heard of there being any animal sacrifices. Me and my friend and sister always hung out at the cemetary. :P

I dunno... I hope that we find something interesting when we go to Fullers Park. I don't believe in ghosts per se, but I do believe in angels and demons and the spiritual world.

You have to remember than Henderson County is known for being one of the biggest meth producers... maybe that contributed to some of the stories? Hehe either way, it's fun to hear them and to go out and see for yourself. What else is there to do if you live near Cross Roads? [Cow tipping and pasture parties ;) ]

My experience (see previous posts) was not like others I guess. I did not see any orbs, flashes of light, here any monkies or see any grave stones tip over. I just had a feeling that evil was all around me. I mean demons when I say evil. I think they are there in fuller park because some people either worship satan or have something else to do with him and they do it there as well as other places.

I went there about 13 or 14 years ago now (cant remember if i was 16 or 17) and I was sitting at my job doing ot on a Saturday thinking about this place. I didnt remember what it was called but I did a search for "satanism athens texas" and found this website and joined to tell my story of fuller park. To remember how I felt almost 14 years later and to still be thinking about it to this day should tell you how freaked out I was. My belief that it was evil is backed up in my mind by the stone table behind the country club. The blackened bottum of that table suggests to me that something besides tennis lessons goes on there.

I'll be visiting Athens, Texas w/My Girlfriend this Sunday, November 12th, 2006 & we will be visiting The Fuller's @ Fuller Park. I plan on taking some pictures and seeing if I can pick anything up on a recording as well.

Guess I'll be sharing my little adventure with you people IF & When I return.

I grew up in Tool, TX, and went to school at Malakoff ISD (from K-12). I've always heard people talk about the strange things that use to go on in Athens. I took my Canon XL2 out to Fuller Park last Sat. 11/11/06 to get some footage to analyze on my PC. While we were there I noticed a few candles that had been placed on the Fuller graves, and burned at both ends (one green, the other red) I'm not sure of there significance but either way, it was a little creepy.

We went to the Monkey cage, and I must say... who ever "Allie" is, I want you to know that you suck. "Allie" was so excited about her High School status that she HAD to let everyone know by spray painting "Allie Senior '09" ALL OVER the damn place. Also, some idiot spray-painted a Star of David with a circle around it; Obviously an uneducated attempt at creating a pentagram. "silly rednecks..."

Anyway, while I was there I was inspired by the ominous feeling that I had about Fuller Park, and the rumors about the dark history that surrounds Athens, TX. I along with a team of similarly inspired friends will be creating a documentary. I plan on providing an UN-BIAS documentary backed up with actual research, interviews, and SOLID evidence regarding the strange rumors, and witchcraft that have surrounded Athens, TX for decades. If anyone is willing to be interviewed, share personal encounters \ stories, or provide me with leads, please contact me via email (justinamosley@yahoo.com). I will keep your personal information "personal" if you require me to do so. Also, anyone that’s willing to help in ANY way will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. this is FOR REAL and we will not stop until ALL questions have been answered.

Justin

I grew up in Tool, TX, and went to school at Malakoff ISD (from K-12). I've always heard people talk about the strange things that use to go on in Athens. I took my Canon XL2 out to Fuller Park last Sat. 11/11/06 to get some footage to analyze on my PC. While we were there I noticed a few candles that had been placed on the Fuller graves, and burned at both ends (one green, the other red) I'm not sure of there significance but either way, it was a little creepy.

We went to the Monkey cage, and I must say... who ever "Allie" is, I want you to know that you suck. "Allie" was so excited about her High School status that she HAD to let everyone know by spray painting "Allie Senior '09" ALL OVER the damn place. Also, some idiot spray-painted a Star of David with a circle around it; Obviously an uneducated attempt at creating a pentagram. "silly rednecks..."

Anyway, while I was there I was inspired by the ominous feeling that I had about Fuller Park, and the rumors about the dark history that surrounds Athens, TX. I along with a team of similarly inspired friends will be creating a documentary. I plan on providing an UN-BIAS documentary backed up with actual research, interviews, and SOLID evidence regarding the strange rumors, and witchcraft that have surrounded Athens, TX for decades. If anyone is willing to be interviewed, share personal encounters \ stories, or provide me with leads, please contact me via email (justinamosley@yahoo.com). I will keep your personal information "personal" if you require me to do so. Also, anyone that’s willing to help in ANY way will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. this is FOR REAL and we will not stop until ALL questions have been answered.

Justin

How weird Justin, as My Girlfriend & I were just out there doing the same exact thing on Sunday The 12th, in addition to seeking out the other strange places in Athens that I know about from my college days.

I would appreciate it if you would place your information on this Forum/Website I have created, as I intend on doing the very same thing that you are planning on doing.

Here is the link if you would like to take a look.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/533567/

In any event, perhaps together, you & I can finally find out the truth.

Did you see where "Allie" also wrote that she was there in the dirt?

I took about 40+ Pictures that day & will try to post them on my site by Wednesday or Thursday.

That sounds like a plan! We can learn WAY more by working together!

( Allie SUCKS! If you wanna spray-paint something on the wall.. Make sure you have something to SAY first! "Senior '09" is a mindless default! People like "Allie" should quit breeding! "Rediculous....")

On Dec. 2nd-3rd I'll be in Athens doing some research. Also, I'm scouting locations for a short Film.

Awsesome site! I'll Def. set up an account!

Justin

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys... Wow ... i have not been on here in a long time.... i didnt think so many people were interested in Athens and all its wonders. Well if anyone is going to be going out there anytime soon let me know i would like to go with you. Maybe we can share some stories.... I have not been out to Fuller's in awhile since i am now living in

Tyler attending college. I also know a great deal about the ares in Cross Roads (10 miles out of Athens) I went to school there for about 6 years and i have been to all the spooky sites out there. You can get ahold of me via MSN planetbobb21@hotmail.com, YAHOO planetbobb212000@yahoo.com. I have both messengers on all the time. Well good luck with all your ghost hunting and let me know if I can be of any help.

All that needs to be said really is that Athens is in East Texas...

...I mean really...East Texas...

It sounds just like a movie I have here called The Lottery..

Hire it, watch it. lol..

you never know what might go on in a small town if the whole town is in on it.

I think I read that story - is that where they stone that woman????

Agreed re small towns and if everyone is in on it... most intriguing!

Would also like to see photos/hear more if these witchcraft tunnels turn out to be real.....

:huh:

Hey guys... Wow ... i have not been on here in a long time.... i didnt think so many people were interested in Athens and all its wonders. Well if anyone is going to be going out there anytime soon let me know i would like to go with you. Maybe we can share some stories.... I have not been out to Fuller's in awhile since i am now living in

Tyler attending college. I also know a great deal about the ares in Cross Roads (10 miles out of Athens) I went to school there for about 6 years and i have been to all the spooky sites out there. You can get ahold of me via MSN planetbobb21@hotmail.com, YAHOO planetbobb212000@yahoo.com. I have both messengers on all the time. Well good luck with all your ghost hunting and let me know if I can be of any help.

Hey Bob! I am going out to Athens on Dec. 30th to continue the documentary! The film crew and I will be out there from 9AM till around 4PM. If your interested your more than welcome to come along. If anyone here wants to help out in any way whether it be telling your personal stories, sharing information, or doing your own investigation work and working together to tell the story of the twisted side of Athens, TX you are MORE than welcome.... it's going to take allot of people working together to crack this story.

I want to personally thank odin1964 for all the information and personal research he has shared with us, he has really helped step up the investigation. :tu:

if anyone wants to contact me about ANYTHING my email is justinamosley@yahoo.com

Justin

Watch out for the bobwar. :P

Wow, sounds like an interesting place for sure. I'd like to visit it someday. I live in Laredo Texas which is about 8 hrs from Dallas and then I guess another hour and a half from Athens. I'd love to go to the park someday. I'll try and visit in the Spring/or Summer in 07.

I've heard many rumors about the small town of Athens, Texas. i am go to college there and most of the other students and teachers have been talking about the secrets about this town. There have been reports of witchcraft all over the county, but in Athens they say that there are underground tunnels that are in the shape of a pentagram. There is also a park that many ritualistic sacrifices have taken place. I would think this was ridicules, but our instructor who is a preachers wife and a very respectable woman agrees with all these rumors. Also, one of my close friends has said that there has never been a tornado to ever have touched down in the town because of the spells cast on the town. i am rather curious if anyone else has ever heard anything about this strange town and it's many secrets.

*rolls eyes * please study up on wicca and the craft before posting such crap... no offence but its retarded that someone even posted it wiccans DONT believe in the devil so therefore if there was there would be no harm plus in our law ( the rede and creed ) it says HARM NON which means NO SACRIFICIES i will contenue to post ( yea my spelling sucks) the creed the rede and the pyramid

This is the Creed

Hear now the words of the witches,

The secrets we hid in the night,

When dark was our destiny's pathway,

That now we bring forth into light.

Mysterious water and fire,

The earth and the wide-ranging air.

By hidden quintessence we know them,

And will and keep silent and dare.

The birth and rebirth of all nature,

The passing of winter and spring,

We share with the life universal,

Rejoice in the magickal ring.

Four times in the year the Great Sabbat returns

And witches are seen,

At Lammas and Candlemas dancing,

On May Eve and old Hallowe'en.

When day-time and night-time are equal,

When sun is at greatest and least,

The four Lesser Sabbats are summoned,

Again witches gather in feast.

Thirteen silver moons in a year are,

Thirteen is the coven's array,

Thirteen times at esbat make merry,

For each golden year and a day.

The power was passed down the ages

Each time between woman and man,

Each century unto the other,

Ere time and the ages began.

When drawn is the magickal circle,

By sword or athame of power,

It's compass between the two worlds lies,

In Land of the Shades for that hour.

This world has no right then to know it,

And world of beyond will tell naught,

The oldest of Gods are invoked there,

The Great Work of magick is wrought.

For two are the mystical pillars,

That shine at the gate of the shrine,

And two are the powers of nature,

The forms and the forces divine.

The dark and the light in succession,

The opposites each unto each,

Shown forth as a God and a Goddess,

Of this did our ancestors teach.

By night he's the wild wind's rider,

The Horned One, the Lord of the Shades,

By day he's the King of the Woodland,

The dweller in green forest glades.

She is youthful and old as she pleases,

She sails the torn clouds in her barque,

The bright silver Lady of midnight,

The crone who weaves spells in the dark.

The master and mistress of magick,

They dwell in the deeps of the mind,

Immortal and ever-renewing,

With power to free or to bind.

So drink the good wine to the old Gods,

And dance and make love in their praise,

Till Elphame's fair land shall receive us,

In peace at the end of our days.

And Do What You Will be the challenge,

So be it in love that harms none,

For this is the only commandment,

By magick of old be it done!

The Rede

Bide the Wiccan Law ye must,

In perfect love, in perfect trust.

Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfil:

An harm ye none, do what ye will.

What ye send forth comes back to thee,

So ever mind the rule of three.

Follow this with mind and heart,

And merry ye meet, and merry ye part.

Dear customer and friend,

when we make magic, we must always

remember why we are doing it,

what we expect to get from it, and who

is going to be affected by our actions.

This is why the Wiccan Law is so very

important to us. Read it even though you

may not be a witch and remember it.

Enjoy the spells that you weave,

and know that spells are all around us.

To blow out a candle and make a wish at

a birthday party is magic.

To make a wish on a shooting star is magic,

and to blow a dandelion into the air is really bad for

your lawn - but it's also magic.

I believe that there are four elements to making good magic:

will, concentration, good intention, and secrecy.

You must will your magic to work, you must concentrate to the fullest, your intentions must always be good and kept to yourself - talking about what you have done only weakens its power.

The Pyramid

You may have heard of the Four Secrets of the Sphinx, or the Four Powers of the Magus, or maybe the Four Rules of Magick. They are all the same thing, and are referred to as the Foundation of the Witch's Pyramid: To Know, to Dare, to Will, and to Be Silent. When mastered, together they cause the fifth, the point of the Pyramid: To Go. They are sometimes known by their Latin names and correspond to the Elements as well:

To Know-Noscere-Air

To Dare-Audere-Water

To Will-Velle-Fire

To Be Silent-Tacere-Earth

To Go-Ire-Spirit

( once again the pyramid )

To Know, To Will, To Dare and To Keep Silent, make up the four principles to what is known as The Witches' Pyramid. These principals are very important to successful spell working. But what do they actually mean?

1. To Know

Know your correspondences. Research what kind of spell you are going to perform. What the spell requires. Why you need a certain candle color or oil, or why you are using a particular herb. Different Traditions do have different correspondences for color, plants, oils etc. Learn the moon phases and timings The more you learn the more focused your energy will become. Adding to the power of your spell work.

2. To Will

This relates to you. You must have confidence in your spell for it to work. You must believe that magic does work. You need to be focused on what you are doing totally. Your spell needs your energy to work, if you do not provide your spell with the right energy, then your spell may not work, even backfire. Just having the props, without the will, will give you unpredictable results.

3. To Dare

Make a list, before doing the spell on exactly WHY you are doing the spell. Are there mundane ways of reaching your goal. Will the spell actually accomplish what you want. If you have mixed emotions or purpose, than this can compromise your spell working. Know exactly why you are doing the spell. Be very clear in your own mind why you believe a spell will achieve the result you require.

4. To Keep Silent

Once you have performed your spell, you should not mention it or dwell on whether your spell has met it's objective. Let the spell, do its work. Don't waste energy worrying if a spell is going to work. That energy can be better used elsewhere. Don't talk to another about your spell either. This may weaken the strength of the spell if the other person, questions or undermines your ability or whether the spell will work.

These principals may differ from tradition to tradition, but basically what it boils down to, is having the confidence in the power within you. Believing in your magic. Follow the basic principals and your spell work will succeed every time.

so please if it has to do with witchcraft really its most likely false

if the picture your thinking of is this http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/s/05/92/ec/0d_2.JPG Then dont bother thinking its bad. That is a symbol of wicca.

here is another sorce

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt...andmeaning.html

now if it is this ( which is the symbol for BLACK magic and also the satanic religion ) then worry

http://home.earthlink.net/~blue_rabbit5329...ic######Symbol.jpg

http://www.cuttingedge.org/pentegram.JPG

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4065..._symbol_203.jpg

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Graphics/Baph...t/WirthGoat.jpg

Thank you for your ridiculously long post "Dark Bloody Wind Goddess Haruka". Seriously, .... That was a bit uncalled for, don't ya think? ...... Now that we've all been properly "schooled" on the Wiccan "creed, rede and pyramid".... jeez..

Look, Ms. Haruka... I understand the frustration that Wicca’s must have with all us "non wiccan" folks; with us confusing you guys with devil worship and whatnot.... really I do. However, simply stating the obvious is fine......BUT pasting your whole goddamn creed is not cool!!! Make your statement and move on!!!

*rolls eyes * please study up on wicca and the craft before posting such crap... no offence but its retarded that someone even posted it wiccans DONT believe in the devil so therefore if there was there would be no harm plus in our law ( the rede and creed ) it says HARM NON which means NO SACRIFICIES i will contenue to post ( yea my spelling sucks) the creed the rede and the pyramid

The guy said pentagram. There is a huge difference between the pentagram and the pentacle, people who know the difference should be SIMPLE!! (I don't mean a 2 page summary of the basics that they will not understand!) in explaining it and not fly off the handle; there's nothing wrong with telling people who don't know the difference, to correct the harmless mistake. And you do realize you just made yourself look like a complete fool to elder pagans/wiccans everywhere right ?? The guy never labeled anything wiccan. Wicca is the religion, there are A LOT of different types of WITCHCRAFT. You can be a Witch and NOT BE WICCAN (amazing isn't it ? :yes: ) Learn to read before you start a flame war, and most importantly for your sake, learn what you are preaching/ranting about; here is a good place to start http://www.witchvox.com/qotw/qwp_detail.html?id=2 People like you make it hard for the rest of us who take our religion serious and know how to DEAL! It's the people who "dabble" in the practice that feel special to tell off the whole Creed & Rede to people who could careless to know it. <_<

ON TOPIC... been watching this thread for a year now, never been to fullars park, prolly never will go to fullars park. From all that I gather.. either you get the feeling evil is about to swallow you whole, or you feel nothing at all not particularly the feeling I want drapeing on my shoulders, some weird experiences but those can come a dime a dozen under the right circumstances. Someone keep me posted on the documentary, would Love to see it. :D

Edited by SavvyWitch

• 3 weeks later...

Good News EVERYONE!!! My partner Alan and myself have been working diligently researching the dark history of Athens, TX! We've no doubt broken new ground with our research last weekend! I'll keep you posted, as the fruits of our research reveal more details.

Sub_American Productions

Justin Mosley