Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

witchcraft of athens, texas

yenster81

I've heard many rumors about the small town of Athens, Texas. i am go to college there and most of the other students and teachers have been talking about the secrets about this town. There have been reports of witchcraft all over the county, but in Athens they say that there are underground tunnels that are in the shape of a pentagram. There is also a park that many ritualistic sacrifices have taken place. I would think this was ridicules, but our instructor who is a preachers wife and a very respectable woman agrees with all these rumors. Also, one of my close friends has said that there has never been a tornado to ever have touched down in the town because of the spells cast on the town. i am rather curious if anyone else has ever heard anything about this strange town and it's many secrets.

Rumors are fun, arn't they.

If you don't get to see them and show us picturew... I'll be very dissapointed in you mister! grin.gif

I live near athens... I've never heard of anything that you just said. In regards to the preachers wife... take it with a grain of salt... we are in the Bible Belt remember lol. I think I would have heard something.

cat.gif m night shamalon might make a movie about it--is athens Tx cursed ?--LOL cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

i thought it was athens ohio that had cemetaries around it in the shape of a pentagram.

It sounds just like a movie I have here called The Lottery..

Hire it, watch it. lol..

you never know what might go on in a small town if the whole town is in on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello People..

I live in Athens,TX and I have lived here for quite awhile and Yes i have heard all about this and even witnesses a few myself. I have been to the place you talk about where rituals take place... it is called Fullers Park .. it use to belong to a preacher of a baptist church in the center of Athens ... he has been dead along time and no one ever bought the land... him and his wife was also buried there and there graves stones still stand with heavy log chains going around them on posts making like a fence. there is also an old well and a house on the property and some old monkey cages which are the main spot for creepy things... I have drop past late at night and see lights out there.... like candles or flashlights ... i never been inside at night but i have visited during the day many times... one such visit me and my friends found chicken heads and such.... was freaky.. There is a story about the monkey cages... many versions but all of them mainly sum up to the fact that the preacher owned monkeys and would take aggression out on them... beat them... some even say he molested them and did rituals but that is not for sure... they say that the monkeys went crazy one time when he went out there and go loose... it is even said they killed the preacher but i don't know that for sure... but there is a road called meredith that is nick named monkey road because supposedly when the monkeys got loose they ended up in the woods in this area and there were siting of the monkeys here and at night they would even through sticks and rocks at passing cars... there is also and old wood bridge on the road .... i have been done this road also at night and it is pretty creepy... And on the subject of the tunnels... ... there was a bomb shelter built under the courthouse... and they had these tunnels constructed way back that go under the city and lead to the bomb shelter under the courthouse... but after awhile the bomb shelter was sealed up and the tunnels were cut off from the courthouse... so now they say that rituals and cults hang in the tunnels... there are many entrances to the tunnels... and i have seen one of them with my own eyes.. it is in the basement of the athens country club and it is closed off... but me and a friend of mine use to work at the country club and we were helping them move some stuff around in the basement area and we moved this tall wood bookstand looking thing and there was a hole in the wall about the size of a plate... and we shined a flashlight in the hole and we seen a hall way with steps leading further downward.. and this i swear on my life... we did see this... and we asked the greens keeper about it cause he had been working there for MANY yrs and he said that is was the entrance to one of the tunnels in athens... and before i ever worked there i had heard stories about one of the entrances being at the country club... i have heard about other locations also but i never have seen an entrance besides the one at the country club... but all the entrances are at points... and they say that when the loop in finished... you can make the points on an athens map with the loop and it will make kind of a pentagram shape also... but i am not sure about that either... supposedly the courthouse in the center point... this is just some of the things i have heard about....and like i said i have witnesses some things myself so i do not doubt that something weird is going on in Athens....

rolleyes.gif Welcome to the South. The Bible Belt loves creepy stories about evil spirits. Every small town has some.

Could the chicken heads and stuff be from someone living in the woods and eating chickens. All towns have urban legends. Ours was the road that the ax murder lived on.

thats a cool story.im from texas also, but i never heard of such town as athens. in what region is athens located?

Edited by riotboy555

I live near athens... I've never heard of anything that you just said. In regards to the preachers wife... take it with a grain of salt... we are in the Bible Belt remember lol. I think I would have heard something.

370251[/snapback]

Bible Belt or not (although I agree people down here will make up the craziest "sin" stories to keep kiddos in check) there are always crazy people no matter where you live that did crazy things but are now dead, so the locals glam it up to make it more outlandish than it really is. Like how every town has it's "crazy old lady" that lives in a "haunted house" or whatever, when it's really just some old widow who is normal in every way, just lonely.

thats a cool story.im from texas also, but i never heard of such town as athens. in what region is athens located?

387534[/snapback]

I live in Fort Worth (30 minutes West of Dallas, Texas) and Athens is like an hour drive directly SE of Dallas...I've marketed there before (and I have to talk to a lot of people to advertise) and none of the people told me any stories, but they sure did like to talk about their life lol. I think I'll take a trip to check out the scariness on my own original.gif

Hmmmmmmmmm....I grew up in East Texas and never heard anything like that about Athens. However, I do remember lots of cow mutilations and such all over East Texas when I was in high school. blink.gif

I live in Fort Worth (30 minutes West of Dallas, Texas) and Athens is like an hour drive directly SE of Dallas...I've marketed there before (and I have to talk to a lot of people to advertise) and none of the people told me any stories, but they sure did like to talk about their life lol.  I think I'll take a trip to check out the scariness on my own original.gif

388264[/snapback]

oh man....maybe i never heard of it because i live deep south texas. anyway, we have some ghostly legends here too, but i'll talk about em later.

• 2 months later...
Hello People..

I live in Athens,TX and I have lived here for quite awhile and Yes i have heard all about this and even witnesses a few myself.  I have been to the place you talk about where rituals take place... it is called Fullers Park .. it use to belong to a preacher of a baptist church in the center of Athens ... he has been dead along time and no one ever bought the land... him and his wife was also buried there and there graves stones still stand with heavy log chains going around them on posts making like a fence. there is also an old well and a house on the property and some old monkey cages which are the main spot for creepy things... I have drop past late at night and see lights out there.... like candles or flashlights ... i never been inside at night but i have visited during the day many times... one such visit me and my friends found chicken heads and such.... was freaky.. There is a story about the monkey cages... many versions but all of them mainly sum up to the fact that the preacher owned monkeys and would take aggression out on them... beat them... some even say he molested them and did rituals but that is not for sure... they say that the monkeys went crazy one time when he went out there and go loose... it is even said they killed the preacher but i don't know that for sure... but there is a road called meredith that is nick named monkey road because supposedly when the monkeys got loose they ended up in the woods in this area and there were siting of the monkeys here and at night they would even through sticks and rocks at passing cars... there is also and old wood bridge on the road .... i have been done this road also at night and it is pretty creepy... And on the subject of the tunnels... ... there was a bomb shelter built under the courthouse... and they had these tunnels constructed way back that go under the city and lead to the bomb shelter under the courthouse... but after awhile the bomb shelter was sealed up and the tunnels were cut off from the courthouse... so now they say that rituals and cults hang in the tunnels... there are many entrances to the tunnels... and i have seen one of them with my own eyes.. it is in the basement of the athens country club and it is closed off... but me and a friend of mine use to work at the country club and we were helping them move some stuff around in the basement area and we moved this tall wood bookstand looking thing and there was a hole in the wall about the size of a plate... and we shined a flashlight in the hole and we seen a hall way with steps leading further downward..  and this i swear on my life... we did see this... and we asked the greens keeper about it cause he had been working there for MANY yrs and he said that is was the entrance to one of the tunnels in athens... and before i ever worked there i had heard stories about one of the entrances being at the country club... i have heard about other locations also but i never have seen an entrance besides the one at the country club... but all the entrances are at points... and they say that when the loop in finished... you can make the points on an athens map with the loop and it will make kind of a pentagram shape also... but i am not sure about that either... supposedly the courthouse in the center point... this is just some of the things i have heard about....and like i said i have witnesses some things myself so i do not doubt that something weird is going on in Athens....

383992[/snapback]

I've heard many rumors about the small town of Athens, Texas.  i am go to college there and most of the other students and teachers have been talking about the secrets about this town.  There have been reports of witchcraft all over the county, but in Athens they say that there are underground tunnels that are in the shape of a pentagram.  There is also a park that many ritualistic sacrifices have taken place.  I would think this was ridicules, but our instructor who is a preachers wife and a very respectable woman agrees with all these rumors.  Also, one of my close friends has said that there has never been a tornado to ever have touched down in the town because of the spells cast on the town. i am rather curious if anyone else has ever heard anything about this strange town and it's many secrets.

368266[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...

I have lived in Athens my whole life, and have heard tons about fullers park. I havent only heard me and my husband have both experinced some pretty weird things. The monkey cages and the house cannot be found anymore, yet no one ever took them out. They tried to sell it a few months back, some workers went to cut down some tree's, one got his arm cut off by a chainsaw and they never went back. My husband has slept in the monkey cages. Him and some friends had a 6 pack of beer that was left outside the monkey cages, he said it was a very hot night in the middle of June and when they woke their beer was frozen solid. When you walk into fullers park you feel peace but at the same time its creepy. I have been in there many of times. We went in yesterday and finally got some pictures of it, though they didn't come out right. There were things we wanted to get pics of that didnt turn out right, we also have some that look like there are things in the pics that was not there when we took them, So yes the stuff about fullers park is true, though I have never heard the whole story and hope to find someone one day who knows more than me. devil.gif

wud be pretty awesome if it were true grin2.gif

alien.gif probably the Devil haunts there.My cousins live in houstin texas and it be scary if they lived there.Do you know anyone doin witchcraft there?

witchcraft has nothing to do with devil worship! >.<

witchcraft has nothing to do with devil worship! >.<

539007[/snapback]

That depends...White magic,or Black?

true black magic has nothing to do with evil. That, like the use of the pentagram, and satanists worship the devil is a product of hollywood and people's lovely shmeer campagn against what they fear.

OK,I can see what you mean...but am still not to shure about it.I gess I shudn't even care,anyway,since I don't do magic.

but I have an ex-boyfreind who was a satanist,and he did magic and stuff(or at least said he did).I know there IS a difference between wiccans and santanist,since wiccans arn't evil,but I really don't know what it is.... huh.gif

p.s. he opanly it was the devil he worshiped.

p.p.s. and he is now my ex.

Most Satanists are atheists. They don't worship some red-skinned guy with cloven hoves and a pitchfork.