Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Human shadow' photographed on Mars

UM-Bot

Conspiracy theorists claim to have identified the shadow of a man working on the Curiosity rover.

From traffic lights to human bones, anomaly hunters claim to have seen just about everything you can imagine resting on the surface of the Red Planet no matter how impossible or bizarre.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/277327/human-shadow-photographed-on-mars

It was me!

• Like 2

its Kick Buttowski on camera on Mars

• Like 1

Yep, we have people on mars but never been to the moon.

• Like 3

I always find the difference in thought processes involved with these things interesting, if a little annoying. Instead of thinking ' Huh, that's an odd shadow. It looks like a person but there are no people on Mars. I wonder what could have made it?' Some people go straight to ' OMG There are people on Mars! #Lies #Deceit #Conspiracy #Curiosityisfake!'.

:no:

Edited by S2F
  • Like 6

can we please fly to mars already and have this nonsense end?

• Like 3

I always find the difference in thought processes involved with these things interesting, if a little annoying. Instead of thinking ' Huh, that's an odd shadow. It looks like a person but there are no people on Mars. I wonder what could have made it?' Some people go straight to ' OMG There are people on Mars! #Lies #Deceit #Conspiracy #Curiosityisfake!'.

:no:

For the people that believe that the US government has had bases on mars for decades then they are not making the sudden leap that you indicate, and they will take this as evidence that they have been right for decades. Please don't take this statement that I'm one that believes that, just pointing out that you are ignoring that fact(?).

Now, I must say that is a weird shadow which certainly does look like someone leaning into the rover and possible turning a screw or something. If you think about every photo you ever see from the surface of mars it's pretty damned flat. There are no spires of stones that I have seen taller than the rover which can be blamed for this shadow. So for the people saying this is not what it looks like please tell us what else you think it can be rather than simply mocking people who have said it looks like a shadow of a person, because that really is what it looks like if you ask me. I'm going to go look harder and see if I can come up with an alternative theory.

Edit to add, There is no link to the original photo on NASA's web-site, so this could just be a hoax and that's the explanation. If it's a real curiosity photo it is really strange. Here is what the rover look like

120803032331-nasa-mars-rover-horizontal-gallery.jpg

As you can see in the above picture there is nothing on the rover itself that can account for that shadow.

nz506750f5.jpg

It looks like the master chief from halo topping off the rovers antifreeze.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

nz506750f5.jpg

It looks like the master chief from halo topping off the rovers antifreeze.

It also looks like he's setting down a classic moonshine jug.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 3

...just pointing out that you are ignoring that fact(?).

Not ignoring it, just bad phrasing. Is this evidence of humans on Mars? Absolutely not. It is evidence of a shadow on Mars that appears to be in the shape of a human. This is just another in a long (too long) line of misconstrued, misinterpreted or even misrepresented anomalies on Mars. I'm not sure what made that shadow specifically nor do I really know the precise scale but I'm willing to wager that it was not made by a human in a suit.

• Like 3

Can't be a repairman, no buttcrack.

• Like 9

Well done, I think you've debunked it! :tsu: The shadow is the drill arm.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Can't be a repairman, no buttcrack.

Thanks for making me spit out my coffee.

• Like 4

Well it must be proof of aliens not humans on mars. No helmet.

Or is it also believed NASA has conspired to hide that too- Mars' perfect earth-like environment? I don't follow these conspiracies enough to keep up with them all.

Edit to add, There is no link to the original photo on NASA's web-site, so this could just be a hoax and that's the explanation.

Here the original image:

NRA_401939772EDR_D0042956NCAM00313M_-br2_zps42wmocuf.jpg

Credit: NASA

http://marsmobile.jpl.nasa.gov/layout/embed/image/embedcoderaw.cfm?i=NRA_401939772EDR_D0042956NCAM00313M_&t1=raw&t2=&17

If it's a real curiosity photo it is really strange. Here is what the rover look like // As you can see in the above picture there is nothing on the rover itself

that can account for that shadow.

In the image you provided the robotic arm with the SA/SPaH device at the end is deployed but if the arm isnt deployed and placed above the rovers

sample analysis devices it could of course make a shadow as shown;

fake_zpsasiqz0k6.jpg

And as for the object pointed by the red arrow I would say it was added by somebody as I didnt found that object in the original image.

fake_zpsasiqz0k6.jpg

And as for the object pointed by the red arrow I would say it was added by somebody as I didnt found that object in the original image.

OH NO, it is the elusive buttcrack!! :o

• Like 1

Just passing by.. Nothing to see here!

What studio are they filming this in? I'm sure this photo wasn't supposed to be released.

• Like 2

Looks like he's looking for his space helmet which fell off, he needs to look on the ground it wont be up there for sure. :innocent:

You still can't completely rule out the possibility that it's a shadow depicting Master Chief fighting off a Covenant soldier.

NRA_401939772EDR_D0042956NCAM00313M_-br2_zps42wmocuf.jpg

02.jpg

If my analysis is correct, the fight has drawn nearer, and we're going to have to prepare to defend our nearby planet against any stray aggression.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 2

It could have been a 2nd image of the same area, where things on the contraption moved, but the shot remained in the same area.

edit: The similar gray striped circular little thing in both pictures in different areas at different angles seems to strengthen this possibility. It looks like, while the 'body' was moving, the camera eye was re-positioning itself to stay looking at the same spot.

Edited by _Only

Two things that seem hard to explain:

The top of the head seems to have hair.

The jug has gray values that looks like light showing through glass.

I'm giving Xeder a 95%

• Like 1