Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jordan Stands up to ISIS

OverSword

How many prisoners does Jordan have?

Personally, I like it. Good for you Jordan.

• Like 4

From the article:

'Kill our pilot and we'll execute ALL your prisoners': Jordan 'says it will hang its ISIS captives' if airman hostage is dead

• Jordan 'warns it will fast-track executions in retaliation for ISIS bloodshed'
  • Pilot Lt Muath al-Kaseasbeh being held with Japanese hostage Kenji Goto
  • Deadline passed for prisoner swap after Jordan said it wanted proof of life
  • Fears are now growing that Al-Kaseasbeh has already been murdered
  • Jordan says it is still waiting for proof that captured F-16 pilot was alive

I'm not usually into an eye for an eye, but I guess this is probably the only real way to deal with these nut jobs.

FINALLY!!

some ****ing good news!

(go patriots!)

;-)

• Like 4

Good. They're not going to grovel to get the body back by swapping live prisoners for it.

• Like 3

Hmmm cant wait to say how this plays out. IS arent used to being threatened themselves

• Like 4

If Jordan goes through with this the Jordanian questions of why US can and will negotiate but not Jordan is going to get mighty loud ~ so too the Japanese public ~

~

• Like 3

I hope Israel and the rest of the west take a page from Jordan's book on how to deal with the criminally insane. I'm sure there will be many rights groups who will pule and whine about injustice but these psychopaths don't respond to anything except brutality. I have often thought that instead of releasing huge numbers of Palestinian prisoners in exchange for a couple of bodies, Israel should demand their return and make it clear that if they aren't returned in a timely fashion, some high value detainees will assume room temperature.

• Like 1

I hope Israel and the rest of the west take a page from Jordan's book on how to deal with the criminally insane. I'm sure there will be many rights groups who will pule and whine about injustice but these psychopaths don't respond to anything except brutality. I have often thought that instead of releasing huge numbers of Palestinian prisoners in exchange for a couple of bodies, Israel should demand their return and make it clear that if they aren't returned in a timely fashion, some high value detainees will assume room temperature.

The Israelis have taught their enemies that a dead Jew is just as valuable as a live Jew, with predictable results.
  • Like 1

I would like for US to "negotiate" like Jordan and quit putting up with their threats and actions against, basically, the world.

I don't get the whole ISIS thing. A bunch of clowns driving around in pick up trucks waving black flags doesn't seem like such a hard target to locate.

Or do they surround themselves with civilians, hidden in small towns like the cowards they are.

• Like 2

Hmmm cant wait to say how this plays out. IS arent used to being threatened themselves

because, and let's be honest here- they've never BEEN ****ing threatened.....

If Jordan goes through with this the Jordanian questions of why US can and will negotiate but not Jordan is going to get mighty loud ~ so too the Japanese public ~

~

edit to add operative word.

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 2

I would like for US to "negotiate" like Jordan and quit putting up with their threats and actions against, basically, the world.

I don't get the whole ISIS thing. A bunch of clowns driving around in pick up trucks waving black flags doesn't seem like such a hard target to locate.

Or do they surround themselves with civilians, hidden in small towns like the cowards they are.

they have a number of tanks and a number of artillery pieces

• Like 1

at the end of the day P-L XIII, we all know how this is gonna end.

this isn't the kind of thing that's just going to 'fizzle out'.

we're, I think, starting on the path to the next world war.

we're a long time dead.

I kinda hoped that the little bit out of it that I got to be alive in would be better than this.

I mean, what the **** is wrong with people these days eh?

the 20th century was, for the most part, pretty ****ing grimy, if you'll pardon my french.

i've been lucky enough to live during some very interesting times, but I just don't get people who think that life consists of hurting other people.

nobody I know, people I consider friends, would ever think of killing anyone. without reason.

when did it all go wrong?

I mean THIS wrong?!

coz it is all gonna* turn to s**t, probably within our lifetimes.

*(maybe)

• Like 2

it's good to see a nation stand up to these thugs! but at the end of the day does ISIS actually care about their own people enough to take Jordans threat seriously? unfortunately, most likely not. ISIS has, as we all know, no respect for human life. Those prisoners are of no value. If we think about it, we can see that this action is by Jordan is just a waste of time.

As for the prisoner swap.. If i was that woman i would be concerned about the situation. Why her? What's the point?

• Like 2

From the article:

'Kill our pilot and we'll execute ALL your prisoners': Jordan 'says it will hang its ISIS captives' if airman hostage is dead

• Jordan 'warns it will fast-track executions in retaliation for ISIS bloodshed'
  • Pilot Lt Muath al-Kaseasbeh being held with Japanese hostage Kenji Goto
  • Deadline passed for prisoner swap after Jordan said it wanted proof of life
  • Fears are now growing that Al-Kaseasbeh has already been murdered
  • Jordan says it is still waiting for proof that captured F-16 pilot was alive

I'm not usually into an eye for an eye, but I guess this is probably the only real way to deal with these nut jobs.

is this why *Sajida Mubarak Atrous al-Rishawi * the sister of one of the ISIS lunatics has been on the news ?

I'm curious about this If it's legit or not. Who in there right mind would turn her lose?

All this negotiation talks brings me to remember when Obama let five Lunatics lose. Remember that one???Something that is not suppose to be done.

Yeah he freed them ....for exchange of some guy that ran AWOL looking to meet the enemy while stationed there.His unit said they were getting hit from enemy fire where as they weren't before , not until that AWOL guy met up with them...

His parents later addressed his captures via media where they spoke in Arabic a language they learned , no less they took the opportunity of praising Islam , waste not a crises. they looked not too far from being radicals themselves but hey , what do I know???

What are people suppose to think about everything ? When things like that happen ? I feel like Why should I believe anything anymore.

at the end of the day P-L XIII, we all know how this is gonna end.

this isn't the kind of thing that's just going to 'fizzle out'.

we're, I think, starting on the path to the next world war.

we're a long time dead.

I kinda hoped that the little bit out of it that I got to be alive in would be better than this.

I mean, what the **** is wrong with people these days eh?

the 20th century was, for the most part, pretty ****ing grimy, if you'll pardon my french.

i've been lucky enough to live during some very interesting times, but I just don't get people who think that life consists of hurting other people.

nobody I know, people I consider friends, would ever think of killing anyone. without reason.

when did it all go wrong?

I mean THIS wrong?!

coz it is all gonna* turn to s**t, probably within our lifetimes.

*(maybe)

that's why war saddens me. i feel so sorry for people that have fought in wars. even though they did so because they believed they were serving a higher justice. when I was a child I believed that war was to stop the bad guys , but I don't know who they , the bad guys are anymore .

• Like 1

Very bad... A nation can then execute anyone who speaks against the government. At first this looks like a brave and right thing to do, but once after Isis is gone the govt can still continue executing peopl.

• Like 4

do you think that oil will ever run out in the middle east ? I heard it was...isn't that what connects the western world to them? if there's no more oil there, I don't think anyone will bother with them.

I heard that we in the US have a grand amount of oil resource here , lot's of it ...and we're selling it to Japan ? I would think that we should get away from dealing with the middle east . I also heard that they won't allow the US to abandon them so easily. There's a lot of manipulation ...I suppose Europe too gets their oil from over there which would mean they also are stuck in a messy situation...

ISIS doesn't care. If Jordan goes through with the executions they will have just made more martyrs for the ISIS cause.

ISIS would probably only release the pilot for cash and not for prisoners.

Negotiations with ISIS can only be accomplished through a rifle scope.

• Like 1

do you think that oil will ever run out in the middle east ? I heard it was...isn't that what connects the western world to them? if there's no more oil there, I don't think anyone will bother with them.

I heard that we in the US have a grand amount of oil resource here , lot's of it ...and we're selling it to Japan ? I would think that we should get away from dealing with the middle east . I also heard that they won't allow the US to abandon them so easily. There's a lot of manipulation ...I suppose Europe too gets their oil from over there which would mean they also are stuck in a messy situation...

It's all very intricately intertwined I'm sure. The world is a much smaller place in the 21st century and any area where there is as much animosity as exists in the M.E. can't just be left to fester. Israel for example could use nukes if they ever felt they were being over run. That is just one example of how badly things can go wrong.
  • Like 3

Even if the Middle East ran out of oil tomorrow and everybody went home, it wouldn't matter,The Middle East would just follow right behind. We've(whoever we is) created a monster, and guess what.. that monster has broken out of his cage. Goodluck, have fun and remember that it is only going to get worse before it gets better.

• Like 1

It's all very intricately intertwined I'm sure. The world is a much smaller place in the 21st century and any area where there is as much animosity as exists in the M.E. can't just be left to fester. Israel for example could use nukes if they ever felt they were being over run. That is just one example of how badly things can go wrong.

Some people think that we would have already been in a world war if there were no nukes. I don't think so . I don't think anyone here thinks that nukes were a grand idea to prevent a world war from breaking out.

I heard that OPEC is not pleased with the amounts of oil resource that the US have . Maybe the same goes for the UK as well. I hear that Venezuela is having a difficult time feeding it's people ??? They have oil but are unable to profit from it ??? And this can not be explained ???

Even if the Middle East ran out of oil tomorrow and everybody went home, it wouldn't matter,The Middle East would just follow right behind. We've(whoever we is) created a monster, and guess what.. that monster has broken out of his cage. Goodluck, have fun and remember that it is only going to get worse before it gets better.

I often wonder , and probably like everyone else who is awake , how long this can all go on??? It's like a beast of a system that is uncontrollable ...

The saddest thing to me is that the majority people of the world are good people who would pull together for the better of us all , but are like caught in this like whirl pool spinning out of control. As if we can't stop it...

I hope Israel and the rest of the west take a page from Jordan's book on how to deal with the criminally insane. I'm sure there will be many rights groups who will pule and whine about injustice but these psychopaths don't respond to anything except brutality.

A State is only falling to the same level than those extremist murderers by doing the same thing they do. Executing prisioners without a fair trial is also against the Geneva Convention treaties. Yes, Jordan did signed Protocol II in 1979.

''In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

2.[...]''

Source: http://www1.umn.edu/...ree/y3gctpw.htm

:hmm:

Edited by samus
  • Like 1