Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jordan Stands up to ISIS

OverSword

The worst was probably the method of burning the pilot was suggested by some isis supporters on twitter..

Oh my! Is that true?

If so then those are probably just as culpable as them that did it.

• Like 1

I would not, nor, could watch anything so sadistic. I would never be able to sleep again.

I hope they meet their own ends some time very soon.

It was not as gruesome as i thought but still very disturbing...

While burning the pilot they even played the song or those prayer music

You can even hear the song and the pilot screaming.. All these in the name of god?

The disturbing part is that you can play religious music while killing a live being..

I don't think islam promotes such stuff although their laws can be a bit harsh..

Oh my! Is that true?

If so then those are probably just as culpable as them that did it.

http://www.mirror.co...t-death-5109004

Edited by Electrika
  • Like 1

It was not as gruesome as i thought but still very disturbing...

While burning the pilot they even played the song or those prayer music

You can even hear the song and the pilot screaming.. All these in the name of god?

The disturbing part is that you can play religious music while killing a live being..

http://www.mirror.co...t-death-5109004

How disgusting these animals were able to use social media in this way.

• Like 1

How disgusting these animals were able to use social media in this way.

animals are better and more compassionate than them..

Animals only kill for food or eat plants...

• Like 2

They were able to capture the cities early on only because they were more concentrated then.

Not necesserely, they captured large cities because they had no opposition. The Iraqi army fled before them, and so a big city like Mossul falled in about 3 days. The Kurds had more courage, that's why they were able to hold their positions until Western support arrived. But the wind is changing in Iraq, with the advising, trainings and assistance we are seeing a much more potent Iraqi army who can actually fight ISIL, and the Peshmerga pushed back ISIL who - it must be pointed out - has been able to make but a brief incursion in the Kurdistan so far.

ISIS's tactic seem to be going where the opposition is weakest and then getting access to more weapons, money, oil ect to help them grow. They did so in Syria and took the city of Raqqa from the FSA rebels. They would have captured Kobane months ago, were it not for US airstrikes. Now, there are news report that they are advancing in Libya. (See: http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=28773749) Soon ''ISIS'' may not be the best of term to describe the group's expension in the ME.

Edited by samus

Not really, they captured large cities because they had no opposition. The Iraqi army fled before them, and so a big city like Mossul falled in about 3 days. The Kurds had more courage, that's why they were able to hold their positions until Western support arrived. But the wind has changed, with the advising and training we are seeing a much more poten Iraqi army, and the Peshmerga pushed back ISIS who has never been able to make but a small incursion in the Kurdistan.

ISIS's tactic seem to go where the opposition is weakest. They did so in Syria and took the city of Raqqa from the FSA rebels. They would have caputed Kobane, were it not for US airstrikes. Now, There are news report that they are advancing in Libya.

This just points again to the insanity of Obama's policies in Iraq. He threw away all the stability achieved with 4000 deaths of US soldiers just to keep a campaign promise. Now he's talking about "STRATEGIC PATIENCE" What a useless coward waste of carbon he is!

In other news,

‘Obama seeking Congress permission to use force against ISIL’

http://www.presstv.i...ce-against-ISIL

And Jordan too is considering a ground campaign

Jordan is considering a military ground campaign against Islamic State, according to an Arab press report on Thursday.

The Amman-based daily newspaper Al Arab Al Yawm reported on Thursday that the Jordanians are mulling a “quick-strike, lightning blow” against ISIS. The report also stated that the government would then re-evaluate its strategy within the framework of the international, US-led coalition fighting the Islamic State.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-Jordan-mulls-ground-offensive-against-Islamic-State-390059

And lastly...

Islamic State in Syria seen under strain but far from collapse

(Reuters) - Islamic State's defeat in Kobani and other recent setbacks in Syria suggest the group is under strain but far from collapse in the Syrian half of its self-declared caliphate.

Islamic State's high-profile defeat by Kurdish militia backed by U.S.-led air strikes capped a four-month battle that cost Islamic State 2,000 of its fighters, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which tracks the war.

Further from the spotlight, Islamic State has also lost ground to Syrian government and Syrian Kurdish forces elsewhere. Its foes have noted unusual signs of disorganization in its ranks, while reports of forced conscription may indicate a manpower problem as the group wages war in both Syria and Iraq.

http://www.reuters.c...N0LA0NF20150206

And I just heard on the BBC say a US hostage was killed through airstrikes. If true then at least he died 'better' than having his head sawn off

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

This just points again to the insanity of Obama's policies in Iraq. He threw away all the stability achieved with 4000 deaths of US soldiers just to keep a campaign promise. Now he's talking about "STRATEGIC PATIENCE" What a useless coward waste of carbon he is!

Actually, the Iraqi governement no longer required the presence of US ground troops in Iraq. They no longer wanted Western forces on their soil and wouldn't provide the assurance that the military personel would be immune from prosecution, should some incident with the Iraqi army occured. The US gave the country back into the hands of the Iraqis, with a democratic governement and an army not powerful but quite stable, though clearly not ready and courageous enough to face such an onslaught pouring over from Syria. So you can criticize Obama all you want, the fact is that you can't force your presence on a sovereign country when it is no longer wanted. And they made it quite clear.

As Obama himself pointed out:

''We had offered to leave additional troops. So when you hear people say, do you regret, Mr. President, not leaving more troops, that presupposes that I would have overridden this sovereign government that we had turned the keys back over to and said, you know what, you’re democratic, you’re sovereign, except if I decide that it’s good for you to keep 10,000 or 15,000 or 25,000 Marines in your country, you don’t have a choice, which would have kind of run contrary to the entire argument we were making about turning over the country back to Iraqis, an argument not just made by me, but made by the previous administration.

[...]

So let’s just be clear: The reason that we did not have a follow-on force in Iraq was because the Iraqis were--a majority of Iraqis did not want U.S. troops there, and politically they could not pass the kind of laws that would be required to protect our troops in Iraq,”

Source: http://cnsnews.com/n...not-my-decision

Edited by samus

Actually, the Iraqi governement no longer required the presence of US ground troops in Iraq. They no longer wanted Western forces on their soil and wouldn't provide the assurance that the military personel would be immune from prosecution, should some incident with the Iraqi army occured. The US gave the country back into the hands of the Iraqis, with a democratic governement and an army not powerful but quite stable, though clearly not ready and courageous enough to face such an onslaught pouring over from Syria. So you can criticize Obama all you want, the fact is that you can't force your presence on a sovereign country when it is no longer wanted. And they made it quite clear.

As Obama himself pointed out:

''We had offered to leave additional troops. So when you hear people say, do you regret, Mr. President, not leaving more troops, that presupposes that I would have overridden this sovereign government that we had turned the keys back over to and said, you know what, you’re democratic, you’re sovereign, except if I decide that it’s good for you to keep 10,000 or 15,000 or 25,000 Marines in your country, you don’t have a choice, which would have kind of run contrary to the entire argument we were making about turning over the country back to Iraqis, an argument not just made by me, but made by the previous administration.

[...]

So let’s just be clear: The reason that we did not have a follow-on force in Iraq was because the Iraqis were--a majority of Iraqis did not want U.S. troops there, and politically they could not pass the kind of laws that would be required to protect our troops in Iraq,”

Source: http://cnsnews.com/n...not-my-decision

Nice try but if we had insisted, our troops would have been there to combat ISIS and they probably wouldn't have even tried to intervene. As to the Iraqi army - yes they were a decent force (which WE stood up before leaving) and Maliki immediately began disassembling in favor of Shiite puppet generals who were not truly combat trained. And again, Iraq's people suffered and are continuing to suffer. Some believe the fate of this region is to always be in turmoil and I'm beginning to believe them. As far as I'm concerned the Iraqis who didn't want us there got what they asked for.

If you watch the full video its crystal clear why the method of burning then the dumping of rubble and crushing of the cage was the chosen method of punishment on the airforce pilot.

If you watch the full video its crystal clear why the method of burning then the dumping of rubble and crushing of the cage was the chosen method of punishment on the airforce pilot.

But of course you aren't JUSTIFYING their acts, oh no...

animals are better and more compassionate than them..

Animals only kill for food or eat plants...

This is off topic but packs of feral dogs have been documented of killing whatever they come across and not eating it. Young male elephants where killing rhinos for no apparent reason till older male elephants where brought in. Orcas have been documented killing sharks by flipping them onto their backs and leaving as the shark suffocates. There are probably more but I can't think of any right now.

As for the on topic portion, killing the pilot might just be the start of the Islamic version of the 30 year war.

• Like 1

Why?

The most disturbing thing is they were playing the religious music and the websites say the pilot was a sacrifice to god..

They have the cheek to say may Allah have mercy on him..

Just to sidetrack i hate it when people say god will not give you anything you cannot handle..

Edited by Electrika

This is off topic but packs of feral dogs have been documented of killing whatever they come across and not eating it. Young male elephants where killing rhinos for no apparent reason till older male elephants where brought in. Orcas have been documented killing sharks by flipping them onto their backs and leaving as the shark suffocates. There are probably more but I can't think of any right now.

As for the on topic portion, killing the pilot might just be the start of the Islamic version of the 30 year war.

i don't see any good starting the war...

i don't see any good starting the war...

The good is it will be clear where Islam stands in the world. If it does go that route it will be extremely violent, bloody, and there will be massive civilian causalities. But at the end Islam will only really have one or two positions it will take, either the moderates will win, Islam will undergo a massive fundamental change, and the Islamic nations of the middle east will enter the 21 century, or the extremist will win and the likes of ISIS will become the new normal, at the very least if the extremist win any further war would be far easier for the west to actually fight.

The good is it will be clear where Islam stands in the world. If it does go that route it will be extremely violent, bloody, and there will be massive civilian causalities. But at the end Islam will only really have one or two positions it will take, either the moderates will win, Islam will undergo a massive fundamental change, and the Islamic nations of the middle east will enter the 21 century, or the extremist will win and the likes of ISIS will become the new normal, at the very least if the extremist win any further war would be far easier for the west to actually fight.

It is just a religion.. Must things be so complicated? Must there be so much bloodshed?

Sorry if i sounded dumb...

• Like 1

It is just a religion.. Must things be so complicated? Must there be so much bloodshed?

Sorry if i sounded dumb...

You don't sound dumb at all. More people should apply common sense and decency.

• Like 1

I was watching BBC news, it stated that Jordan is really fired up, its people that is, and want this war to be theirs, with the locals going to fight etc

We will just have to wait and see

The problem as I see it is a Sunni-Shia divide that just won't allow these Arab and Middle a Eastern governments to cooperate in the fight against Islamic extremists. For all of King Abdullahs tough talk I dont see him burying the hatchet with Assad.

That divide allows those nations to fight a proxy war with each other using "volunteer" troops. If you look closely at the region, you will see the conflicts are more political than religious. Power grabs in the chaos and vacuum. The Syrians, the Kurds, Iran, the Jordanians, Saudi Arabia, etc. Even Isis- with their nation building ideas.

• Like 1

If this is a political conflict, why does ISIS not call its leader a King, or a President ?

They call him The Caliph. This has a VERY specific meaning, and it is explicitly religious.

Has any reporter, anywhere, every heard ISIS spouting nationalist or geopolitical propaganda ?

I would suggest not. It's all "Allah Ahkbar" (our GOD is greater than yours).

Gromdor..... could you tell us why you think this is "more political than religious" ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2942820/The-defiance-Jordan-Queen-Rania-leads-thousands-protesters-streets-Amman-honour-Martyr-Moaz-burned-alive-ISIS.html

Actually the Jordanian pilot had a feeling something would go wrong on the day of his final flight.. he felt that something would go wrong

he never had that feel b4.. He was correct... Poor man...

• Like 1

http://www.independe...d-10027330.html

I wonder why the god he prayed to did not save him from this tragedy..

The differences in our faiths aside, sometimes the answer is no. May he rest in peace - he tried to live as he should and to use his time to help others and that (IMO) is the best a man can do.