Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jordan Stands up to ISIS

OverSword

I know of a guy who told me to "Thank my enemies" for without them you would not be where you are today..

Another joker who said "Forgive your enemies".. Love them like how you would your child...

I wonder how do i relate these two quotes to what is currently happening now..

I know of a guy who told me to "Thank my enemies" for without them you would not be where you are today..

Another joker who said "Forgive your enemies".. Love them like how you would your child...

I wonder how do i relate these two quotes to what is currently happening now..

My father-in-law said, "Don't make enemies, but if you do make sure you kill them, their families, and anyone who would seek revenge on their behalf."

I think all the sayings have a moral, but the practicality of applying them to real life is another thing.

was curious about something, has anyone heard anything on Jordan and a ground war ? are they gonna launch ground war on IsIs ?

http://beforeitsnews...is-2969320.html

This article is the first I've heard. If Jordan begins to push at them while Iraq and S.A. follow suit then maybe this scum can be eliminated before it "catches fire" throughout the greater region.
  • Like 3

was curious about something, has anyone heard anything on Jordan and a ground war ? are they gonna launch ground war on IsIs ?

http://beforeitsnews...is-2969320.html

There isn't anything substantial in this article to suggest Jordan will be launching a ground war against Daesh anytime soon. The movement of troops to the Iraqi border is is most likely a matter of security, to dissuade Daesh fighters to even think about attacking Jordan.

From the article:

''While Jordan kept the story secret, it is now revealed and confirmed that Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and other Arab nations are ready to send ground forces into Iraq and Syria to try to destroy ISIS, but are waiting for U.S. forces to join them, according to a Republican senator. When asked if Jordan was onboard with sending ground troops, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) replied, “Yes. Saudi Arabia is onboard, everybody’s onboard.”

Source: http://beforeitsnews...is-2969320.html

Really? So this Republican senator has a crystal ball telling him what the Arab leaders have on their minds? Why would Arab nations even need US ground troops to engage Daesh on the ground? I don't believe for a second that nations like Saudi Arabia and Turkey lack the capabilities to tackle this kind of threat in Iraq, especially with the assistance of the Iraqi army, Peshmerga and US Airforce.

Edited by samus

There isn't anything substantial in this article to suggest Jordan will be launching a ground war against Daesh anytime soon. The movement of troops to the Iraqi border is is most likely a matter of security, to dissuade Daesh fighters to even think about attacking Jordan.

From the article:

''While Jordan kept the story secret, it is now revealed and confirmed that Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and other Arab nations are ready to send ground forces into Iraq and Syria to try to destroy ISIS, but are waiting for U.S. forces to join them, according to a Republican senator. When asked if Jordan was onboard with sending ground troops, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) replied, “Yes. Saudi Arabia is onboard, everybody’s onboard.”

Source: http://beforeitsnews...is-2969320.html

Really? So this Republican senator has a crystal ball telling him what the Arab leaders have on their minds? Why would Arab nations even need US ground troops to engage Daesh on the ground? I don't believe for a second that nations like Saudi Arabia and Turkey lack the capabilities to tackle this kind of threat in Iraq, especially with the assistance of the Iraqi army, Peshmerga and US Airforce.

If you are correct then the answer must be tied to their lack of will or courage.

it's good to see a nation stand up to these thugs! but at the end of the day does ISIS actually care about their own people enough to take Jordans threat seriously? unfortunately, most likely not. ISIS has, as we all know, no respect for human life. Those prisoners are of no value. If we think about it, we can see that this action is by Jordan is just a waste of time.

ISIS represents 100% literal, full-bore, no-holds-barred Sunni Wahabi islam. The concept of the sanctity of human life does not exist in Wahabi Islam. Human life is limited, anyway, and all that counts is if you please Allah. Killing and being killed while fighting for Allah is a good thing and guarantees paradise. So don´t make the mistake of judging ISIS with your (and mine) moral standards. ISIS is a profoundly moral organization, however it is not the moral system of the modern Western world.

By the same token, while the tribe that the murdered pilot is from is certainly angry and demands revenge, the ISIS philosophy has a substantial amount of sympathy from the Sunni muslim populations in the Arab world, including in Jordan. So going after ISIS is an iffy proposition of the Jordanian king. While he has some sympathy, the concept of bombing pious Sunni muslims is an unpalatable concept for others.

So, you should curb your enthusiasm...

From ISIS's viewpoint, the ariel bombings in Syria are an illegal act of war, if not actually a war crime. The pilot is also guilty of murdering fellow muslims, which is a Haram act.

I suspect there are many in both Jordan and Saudi (to say nothing of Syria) who would say the same thing.

As for Saudi and Jordan "waiting for the Americans", that seems highly unlikely. The LAST thing either country wants is the US Army getting involved. That would be political suicide. It would be on a par with asking Israel to send in troops, surely ?

Jordan is on a rampage.. I do not like killing, but the Jordanians are a strong and proud people, and are doing much to protect their sovereignty from these wanton-Caliphate wishing scoundrels.

• Like 1

Jordan is on a rampage.. I do not like killing, but the Jordanians are a strong and proud people, and are doing much to protect their sovereignty from these wanton-Caliphate wishing scoundrels.

Dream on! It must be nice to live in world of wishful thinking.

• Like 1

From ISIS's viewpoint, the ariel bombings in Syria are an illegal act of war, if not actually a war crime. The pilot is also guilty of murdering fellow muslims, which is a Haram act.

I suspect there are many in both Jordan and Saudi (to say nothing of Syria) who would say the same thing.

As for Saudi and Jordan "waiting for the Americans", that seems highly unlikely. The LAST thing either country wants is the US Army getting involved. That would be political suicide. It would be on a par with asking Israel to send in troops, surely ?

Israel and Jordan are in good terms last I heard. Also who cares what ISIS thinks? no ones actually going to stand up for them in the Hauge

• Like 1

He seems to be saying what his people want to hear. In case you hadn't noticed - Muslims are p***ED about this killing.

The members of the tribe of the pilot, yes. All muslims? Absolutely not; and certainly not those of the Sunni Wahabi fundamentalist faction, including those living in Europe. Look at these enthusiastic posters distributed in London:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/13/1407925540185_Image_galleryImage_Khilafah_Establishment.JPG

page 2

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/13/1407925557738_wps_2_Khilafah_Establishment_Tw.jpg

• Like 1

The members of the tribe of the pilot, yes. All muslims? Absolutely not; and certainly not those of the Sunni Wahabi fundamentalist faction, including those living in Europe. Look at these enthusiastic posters distributed in London:

http://i.dailymail.c...tablishment.JPG

page 2

http://i.dailymail.c...lishment_Tw.jpg

I should have qualified the statement. I realize that Muslims are not a monolithic bloc. The fact is I was just happy that SOME of them finally found a voice against the horrors being committed - even if it was only after a MUSLIM was killed in such a manner. Had the hostage been ANY other religion they would have been disinterested.
  • Like 2

Daesh' viewpoint does not make any sens though. Isn't Syria a sovereign country in the first place? Also, how many 'fellow muslims' have they themselves shamelessly killed? (Here's at least 150 in a mass execution: http://www.thenation...ills-50-in-iraq)

There are many supporters of Daesh in either Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Aren't there 2000+ Jordanians within Daesh' ranks right now? That's quite a lot people. Many in this country feels that Daesh is the protector of Sunni Islam, even if some will admit the group made mistakes. They feel that it is not their war to fight. That's a challenge through which King Abdhulla II and his governement will have to navigate carefully.

This Republican senator has been advocating for an American ground war since the onset of Daesh's advance in Iraq. The truth is, Saudi Arabia and Jordan haven't commited to anything regarding ground troops. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Turkey or Saudia Arabia are relying on US to do this dirty job for them if it should come to that. Need I mention Turkey's contribution so far in the fight against Daesh? There wouldn't be much to say! One has to wonder who are they actually supporting.

Edited by samus

This article is the first I've heard. If Jordan begins to push at them while Iraq and S.A. follow suit then maybe this scum can be eliminated before it "catches fire" throughout the greater region.

Yeah I don't know if it was actaully something going on that wasn't news to us yet or what. I thought maybe someone else here knew more. somethings got to give over there with the situation . I don't see how the article could lie about Jordon moving military vehicles to an area out there if they're not.

On another thread they are saying that Obama asked for authorization of war ???i I think. I have to read it again. I wonder if it's about the same thing...or not.

Edited by Ellapennella

The king there looks like he's a wise Military guy. They have no choice but to do something about it , now. All the neighboring people there should kill IsIs . But for some reason they always want America to help . They always look for us to help . I think we're the moral support of the world or something.

Dream on! It must be nice to live in world of wishful thinking.

The conviction and courage we see in the Persian Gulf today is simply the American character in action. The indomitable spirit that is contributing to this victory for world peace and justice is the same spirit that gives us the power and the potential to meet our toughest challenges at home. We are resolute and resourceful. If we can selflessly confront the evil for the sake of good in a land so far away, then surely we can make this land all that it should be. If anyone tells you that America's best days are behind her, they're looking the wrong way.

~ George H. Bush

All the more reason to do something NOW. Hopefully Jordan will be the first Muslim army to actually stand against these scum.

Nah the Syrian army were the first Muslim army to stand against them while you were backing those so called rebel to overthrow the terrible menace called Assad.All that changed when they started to toying with the stable puupet government of Iraq you left in charge

• Like 3

Nah the Syrian army were the first Muslim army to stand against them while you were backing those so called rebel to overthrow the terrible menace called Assad.All that changed when they started to toying with the stable puupet government of Iraq you left in charge

The fact that you seem to support Assad after the butcheries we know he committed tells all about your biases in the matter Jeem. No problem, you have the right to your opinion. It must rankle though, to see Muslims killing one another instead of focusing on others ;)

The fact that you seem to support Assad after the butcheries we know he committed tells all about your biases in the matter Jeem. No problem, you have the right to your opinion. It must rankle though, to see Muslims killing one another instead of focusing on others ;)

What butcheries? Do you have any proof or are you simply repeating Western propaganda, mere allegations intended to replace another regime with our own puppets? Civilian casualties is an inescapable side-effect of war, I will grant you that but the Syrian regime did not kill it's own citizens on purpose, it defended it against the so call ''moderate'' rebels sponsored by the West and it's regional allies. Which as we know collapsed into terrorism and infightings.

Edited by samus

What butcheries? Do you have any proof or are you simply repeating Western propaganda, mere allegations intended to replace another regime with our own puppets? Civilian casualties is an inescapable side-effect of war, I will grant you that but the Syrian regime did not kill it's own citizens on purpose, it defended it against the so call ''moderate'' rebels sponsored by the West and it's regional allies. Which as we know collapsed into terrorism and infightings.

I can put you in the same line I see. I guess I should trust only a Muslim to tell me what's REALLY going on. I can't understand it otherwise. As I said, believe as you like and so will I.

I can put you in the same line I see. I guess I should trust only a Muslim to tell me what's REALLY going on. I can't understand it otherwise. As I said, believe as you like and so will I.

I don't think you need to be a muslim to understand what's going on. The situation is very clear, Syria and Iraq have been infested by extremists who came to acquire funds and weapons and then took large swaths of territories.

Western's policies of demonizing Bashar Al-Assad and prolonging the civil war in Syria has been a dramatic failure and is largely responsible for creating the condition leading to the current situation. Their sponsored rebels have for the most part collapsed and joined arms with such terrorist groups as ISIL, Al-Nusra Front and Army of Islam. It's a mess, really. The only rempart remaining against these is the Syrian army itself who, for the last 4 years, has fought against such threats on many fronts, helped by Iranian forces.

Edited by samus

You are putting word in my mouth.Lets face a fact if you ask people who is worse Assad or IS.The possibility is they will say IS and you were supporting the worst.I can bet every $ I have that if IS didn't toy with the government of Iraq you would still help them to overthrow Assad

Edited by jeem