Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life Indiana Jones seeks the lost Ark

UM-Bot

Filmmaker and researcher Harry Moskoff believes he is close to locating the fabled Ark of the Covenant.

The golden chest believed to have held the stone tablets on which the Ten Commandments were inscribed, the Ark remains one of the most sought-after and mystifying religious artifacts in history.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ks-the-lost-ark

Hmmmm one of those popular things to try and find. As he noted in the story he doesn't have any actual evidence....unless you buy his book. lol

• Like 1

Again? How many times has the Ark been searched for? Good luck anyway :lol:

Maybe he can find Amelia Earhart, too.

Hmmmm one of those popular things to try and find. As he noted in the story he doesn't have any actual evidence....unless you buy his book. lol

I would be interested in a book of how he found the ark. $49.99 coverprice for speculations and a quarter century of failure hardly seems fair...

• Like 2

not unless he's got a key to my cellar.....

• Like 7

not unless he's got a key to my cellar.....

Is that where the Ark is, too?
  • Like 1

No its Arch ! Like someone tried to shove down my gullet a few weeks ago ! LOL Well We all cant be experts right? I know where it is not at for sure . It`s not under New York City ! And Not at Area 51, for sure It`s not under someones basement ! Maybe Its All in our Imagination?

What language were the ten commandments written in, on the stone tablets, which were carried in the ark? Written Hebrew began long after Moses' time.

• Like 1

Isn't that the Ark in that picture?

And I thought the Ark was found by the Nazi's in the Well of Souls? By the time Temple of Doom came out this was old news.

Edited by Atuke
  • Like 1

What language were the ten commandments written in, on the stone tablets, which were carried in the ark? Written Hebrew began long after Moses' time.

It was written in 'Murican

• Like 1

I wish Dr Moskoff good luck, but I don't think he is going to find it. Because it is at the bottom of the Money Pit on Oak Island where the Templars buried it in the 15th century.

• Like 2

Geraldo Knows......

• Like 1

He should start his search in Ethiopia!!

A good question

http://mb-soft.com/public2/tencomm5.html

....and a bit of puzzle.......some say it was some sort of God given language called 'Adamic' lots of other languages have been claimed - all made up stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamic_language

You can list that question with such imponderables as: If Adam and Eve were perfect, why did they choose to sin?

He was too late for that so he had to go full-blown sparkley.

Harte

Proto-Sinaitic Script.

Harte

• Like 1

Proto-Sinaitic Script.

Harte

Wow, Mr. Harte, I am impressed. That was going to be my suggestion.

• Like 1

Proto-Sinaitic Script.

Harte

Funny, so they likely couldn't have even read the Tablets even if they did pull them out of the Arc.

Proto-Sinaitic Script.

Harte

Ah I see Mr. Harte that I have cleverly trapped you into exposing yourself as a shill for the proto-Sinatic party - have you no shame?

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

Funny, so they likely couldn't have even read the Tablets even if they did pull them out of the Arc.

Of course they couldn't. Few people were literate in those days. It was usually only the educated elite who could do the reading, so they would do it for the masses.

You always trust the educated elite, right?

• Like 2

Of course they couldn't. Few people were literate in those days. It was usually only the educated elite who could do the reading, so they would do it for the masses.

You always trust the educated elite, right?

"Be careful when you blindly follow the masses. Sometimes the M is silent." :D

Edited by sduffstuff
  • Like 2

Ah I see Mr. Harte that I have cleverly trapped you into exposing yourself as a shill for the proto-Sinatic party - have you no shame?

Well, I may be getting old, but I'm still up for a party.

Harte

Wow, Mr. Harte, I am impressed. That was going to be my suggestion.

What a horrible thing to say - "I'm impressed."

I mean, thats a given, you see.

Harte

• Like 1