Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life Indiana Jones seeks the lost Ark

UM-Bot

....and a bit of puzzle.......some say it was some sort of God given language called 'Adamic' lots of other languages have been claimed - all made up stuff.

http://en.wikipedia....Adamic_language

You can list that question with such imponderables as: If Adam and Eve were perfect, why did they choose to sin?

I was always intrigued by the folk who say Eve /didn't/ speak Adamic. Must have been inconvenient not to be able to communicate with your spouse. Or maybe it wasn't. I don't know. I've never been married.

--Jaylemurph

A few years ago I read that the Ark was transported up the River Nile ,and was guarded by Monks who have hidden it in a cave.But that could be just a story to put people off looking for it in another location.

If he needs a hand, then he can call on me. I am well up for it. I can buy an Indiana Jones costume from Costco for £25 and it comes with a whip. I'd look great!! Mr Moskoff, if you are reading this......call me.....no wait, people don't call anymore. You can tweet me at LykoUK. Thanks.

Do you think that maybe the Ark disappeared exactly when it was supposed to? Think about man today. With our technology today, man could find a way to exploit it and there is a greater chance of that than humans remaining observant. Not to mention, the enemy within the people would find a way to steal it and use it for their satanic rituals in order to corrupt it's power or they would use it's power to corrupt or destroy. It is said that 1 of 2 Holy Grails have been found, what happened to the Chalice, where was it taken, and what was it used for? Why did the Chalice disappear again so quick? The people should have been kept in the loop about, everything that happened with the Chalice. If it wasn't the Chalice there would be no need to make it disappear so quickly. So then because the Chalice has been out of public eye sight for so long, there would also be many speculations as to whether the Chalice (if returned to public eye sight) is the real Chalice. These questions are necessary to ask, because the answer eludes to what would happen if the Ark was found.

It is said that 1 of 2 Holy Grails have been found, what happened to the Chalice, where was it taken, and what was it used for? Why did the Chalice disappear again so quick? The people should have been kept in the loop about, everything that happened with the Chalice. If it wasn't the Chalice there would be no need to make it disappear so quickly. So then because the Chalice has been out of public eye sight for so long, there would also be many speculations as to whether the Chalice (if returned to public eye sight) is the real Chalice.

The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.

Harte

• Like 1

I was always intrigued by the folk who say Eve /didn't/ speak Adamic. Must have been inconvenient not to be able to communicate with your spouse. Or maybe it wasn't. I don't know. I've never been married.

--Jaylemurph

Yes it kinda like musing over what elves eat and how goblins brush their teeth*.

*trick question: they don't - they use a trained rat to nibble away the unnecessary bits

• Like 1

Yes it kinda like musing over what elves eat

Lembas bread.

and how goblins brush their teeth*.

Goblins are well-known to be polyphyodonts. Get an education, please, before you embarrass yourself again.

Harte

• Like 1

Lembas bread.

Goblins are well-known to be polyphyodonts. Get an education, please, before you embarrass yourself again.

Harte

And you wonder why I hardly post

• Like 2

Lembas bread.

Harte

Ah shows what little YOU know you have obviously fallen for dwarf propaganda on this matter; the mother of a girl I dated once was a complete goblin and her teeth rarely replaced themselves after she broken them while trying to chew off my feet so I couldn't dance with her daughter.

• Like 2

You guys are weird. Both Goblins and Elves don't exist. A hobbit told me that !

• Like 1

You guys are weird. Both Goblins and Elves don't exist. A hobbit told me that !

Yeah like a Hobbit would actually speak to such as you!

However, we don't seem to be taking this subject seriously - I blame society and Kmt-Sesh for this fault. I'm not sure why I cannot take it seriously but I suspect my public school education makes it impossible for me to determine the reason.

Is that where the Ark is, too?

nah man, that's in the loft.

that way, if I get caught for having a dozen women tied up in my cellar, I don't have to suffer the embarrasment of having to explain why I have a religious artefact.....

I hope he remembers to keep his eyes shut when he opens it...

I hope he remembers to keep his eyes shut when he opens it...

What? To avoid the advertisements?

Yeah like a Hobbit would actually speak to such as you!

However, we don't seem to be taking this subject seriously - I blame society and Kmt-Sesh for this fault. I'm not sure why I cannot take it seriously but I suspect my public school education makes it impossible for me to determine the reason.

Hey, don't blame it on me. All I did was comment on how impressed I was by Harte's Proto-Sinaitc answer. But in retrospect I probably needn't have been so impressed because I now suspect that was the script Harte learned to use when he was a boy.

Blame it on Vergina.

• Like 1

Blame it on Vergina.

I have seen you Guys mention it before, so I am quite curious to know: What/who is Vergina ?

I know of a word that sounds very much like Vergina. :innocent:

I have seen you Guys mention it before, so I am quite curious to know: What/who is Vergina ?

I know of a word that sounds very much like Vergina. :innocent:

And that's what started the whole damn joke. It's all Harte's fault.

It comes from the thread about the massive tomb found at Amphipolis and dating to the time of Alexander the Great. In his time the royal Macedonian burial ground was in Vergina and...

Well, how can one not rattle off the jokes?

To be honest I never looked at it that way. The pronunciation is quite different. But then Harte came along and, the rest is history. It's all his fault. I'm perfectly innocent. I'd use the little angelic emoticon but you already did.

• Like 2

Ah shows what little YOU know you have obviously fallen for dwarf propaganda on this matter; the mother of a girl I dated once was a complete goblin and her teeth rarely replaced themselves after she broken them while trying to chew off my feet so I couldn't dance with her daughter.

She wasn't full-blooded goblin unless she had the vergina dentata.

Harte

Hey, don't blame it on me. All I did was comment on how impressed I was by Harte's Proto-Sinaitc answer. But in retrospect I probably needn't have been so impressed because I now suspect that was the script Harte learned to use when he was a boy.

Blame it on Vergina.

I call foul! I believe that you are on orders as the official scapegoat of this forum; any failing is always automatically hoisted on you my friend.

She wasn't full-blooded goblin unless she had the vergina dentata.

Harte

Hey thanks for mentioning that I needed a disturbing anecdote for another purpose!

I call foul! I believe that you are on orders as the official scapegoat of this forum; any failing is always automatically hoisted on you my friend.

Well, fine. Do I at least get paid for being an official scapegoat?

Tell you what. Here in Chicago we just got 19 inches of snow. I hate snow. I couldn't even go to work today because of it (my boss called and said don't even try). In lieu of payment, you can come here and take home every last damn flake of it (and every bit more yet to fall).

• Like 1

Because of this...

1 Samuel 6:19:

And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men...

or just watch Raiders of the Lost Ark ;)

*teacher voice* go away and don't come back until you've watching Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark */Teacher Voice*

• Like 1

*teacher voice* go away and don't come back until you've watching Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark */Teacher Voice*

I for one welcome that advice.

I actually use Raiders of the Lost Ark (none of this Indiana Jones and... malarkey) to talk about melodrama.

--Jaylemurph